Re: Braine said after talking to Gailey for 15 minutes

[ QUOTE ]
Nice smartass comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is all "Toe meets leather" is good for. smart ass comments like:

"The UConn coach will be interviewed after the game at BDS"

where ever did that come from?

JJacket, I\'m starting to worry about you

with all these man-love posts you are making. YLO, I posted during the Duke-Maryland game that Maryland's talent level was down. That was BEFORE the Tech-Maryland game. I did pick Maryland to beat Tech but I also posted a mea-culpa saying I didn't practice what I post. At least I had the guts to admit I made a mistake. Unlike you, I didn't act like a coward and go into hiding. BOR, I can understand after watching Gailey's offense why there would be a need for a couple of strong ones. However, I would like to go to the stadium and see us compete and win great games like UVA 1998, UGA 1999, and Auburn 2003. Last year the stadium was as quiet as a church service. Also, I did post Chris Petersen for OC after O'Brien left. Gailey used the tandem of Nix and Gies. Petersen is a nationlly respecteed OC. Gies and Nix are joke fodder for UGA and Auburn fans.

oooh .. you\'re the man techie

wow. you had posted that the talent level was down before we beat UMd. then you gave Gailey and co. no chance in hell to go up there and beat them.

you then watched Gailey outcoach Friedgen (Friedgen's words, not mine) and got pissed off.

i am a coward for not being on the internet because i had to be out of the country for a 3 week project in the middle of nowhere.

but you are a man because you have no knowledge about what's going on and make stupid predictions and then admit them as a mistake when you're proven wrong.

good for you.

and i'm sure Gailey and co. should not be "joke fodder" for Auburn fans at the very least. given that Gailey and co. (along with their alum Pat Nix and their rejected true freshman recruit Reggie Ball) smacked Auburn and sent them home.

i do know that AU fans are making fun of Gailey, Nix and Ball and your homies at your crib enjoys that kind of derogatory humor enough to pushpin it to the top of your board.

but really .. we're 1-0 against AU in spite of what Coleman Rudolph or you thought was going to happen on the field.

Pinning opinions on people again?

[ QUOTE ]
at the top levels of college football. Do you understand that anybody who goes to the Naval Academy has to make a 5 year post-graduate commitment? Not one player on Navy even got a letter from Notre Dame much less an offer and you expect them to beat top 25 teams on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree Gailey's offense has sucked big time. This is his year to fix that, win or go home. You are wrong in saying Gailey's offense cannot work at this level. Give us Jason Campbell or David Greene last year and we win 9 games, there is no doubt in my mind.

I never said I expected Navy to beat top 25 teams consistently, I just pointed out that you are willing to hire a coach who has never beaten a top 25 team and plays mid-major (at best) football.

Is Buzzoff's strategy putting words in other posters mouths instead of actually READING their posts?

you want to know their strategy?

here it is:

Classic post by AxeGT
---------------------------------------------------

To: Chan Gailey bashers.

Re: Evaluating good wins, bad wins, good losses, and bad losses.

Update Section 3 Paragraph 2:

"...When attempting to bash the head football coach it is important to put the game in it's proper perspective. If GT plays a great football game and nearly upsets a Top 10 team that is beating the crap out of everyone but losses by 1 point, you must let the world know that this means nothing. Close is for horse shoes and hand grenades. However, and this is very important, if GT does not play well against a poor team, but manages to pull out the victory the opposite will apply. The victory means nothing. We must evaluate the entire game and not let the fact that GT won cloud our judgement."

We've received a lot of requests on when it is acceptable to begin evaluating a football season. Our manual is very clear, so quit wasting time e-mailing us, and read your freakin' manual.

Section 4, Paragraph 6:

"...it is not appropriate to use 1, 2, or even 3 games as way to evaluate Georgia Tech football when they are playing good football. You can't judge Georgia Tech by 1 or 2 positive performances. They will screw up later you can be assured. However, it is acceptable to post on Stingtalk or the Hive and call for Coach Gailey's head with 2 minutes left in the game. If GT is playing bad, it is only natural to assume this will continue."

One more bit of housekeeping. Some of you need to learn how to deal better with GT wins. This is nothing to get alarmed about. Just turn to your manual.

Section 1 Paragraph 4:

"...in the unlikely event that GT does win a football game you can turn to a number of simple techniques to deflect credit. The most simple and effective technique is "they suck." This is a very easy technique and can be used at any time. It doesn't matter if the team was Top 25 or preseason Top 10, this works like a charm. You can also use another tried and true technique called the "it was a bad day" line. For example, GT beat NCSU and UVA last year, but those teams were "not ready to play" or perhaps "they were flat." Doesn't matter, Groh and Amato still are the hot guys out there. IMPORTANT NOTE: These techniques are not permitted to be used in regard to GT. It is important that you never let that occur.

Thank you and happy bashing!
---------------------------------------------------

I\'ll admit when I make a mistake.

You will not YLO. Your Bilbo = Sterling Sharpe prediction goes down the tubes and it's Gies' comment. I predicted 6-5 in 2004. I hit it right on the money. I picked Tech to win the Champs Bowl not by as wide of a margin but few did. My post about Petersen has proved correct. Petersen was a finalist for the Broyles award. Of course people who nominate for that award don't know as much football as the FOC'ers. Auburn lost it's 2 top running backs, and QB. If Tech can produce any kind of offense, Tech can win the game. Nix and Gailey need to develop an offense to go with Tenuta's top 12 defense.

Re: JJacket, I\'m starting to worry about you

[ QUOTE ]
with all these man-love posts you are making. YLO, I posted during the Duke-Maryland game that Maryland's talent level was down. That was BEFORE the Tech-Maryland game. I did pick Maryland to beat Tech but I also posted a mea-culpa saying I didn't practice what I post. At least I had the guts to admit I made a mistake. Unlike you, I didn't act like a coward and go into hiding. BOR, I can understand after watching Gailey's offense why there would be a need for a couple of strong ones. However, I would like to go to the stadium and see us compete and win great games like UVA 1998, UGA 1999, and Auburn 2003. Last year the stadium was as quiet as a church service. Also, I did post Chris Petersen for OC after O'Brien left. Gailey used the tandem of Nix and Gies. Petersen is a nationlly respecteed OC. Gies and Nix are joke fodder for UGA and Auburn fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was I thinking, we should hand you the AD job right now. Could you post your resume? You know, we just have to make sure all the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted. It's an informal thing.

I never argued with you regarding our OC. I wish we had a new OC as well, but I can certainly understand Chan not wanting to change OC's and possibly derail whatever offense he is trying to institute. Why? Because when he's going into THE YEAR that he needs to produce results, any change could be his downfall, simply because it is an adjustment.

Lets face it, even if he placed Nix and Geis with other responsiblities and hired Peterson, would you give him another year if he went 6-5 while the offense was "adapting"? I doubt it. You're just prolonging the possibility.

what is wrong with you man?

but i have never made the prediction that Bilbo = Sterling Sharpe.

i have quoted Geis' thoughts about Bilbo's potential as a wide out and Geis' comparison of Bilbo to Sharpe.

if that comparison isn't quite appropriate, your issue is with Geis not me. btw .. there is still a lot of time for the comparison to be evaluated. if you haven't heard, Bilbo is projected as our starting WR along with CJ per the spring prospectus on rr.com.

i guess if Bilbo doesn't end up being the starting WR now, you'll pin that on me too.

give it up man and go home where you belong. buzz off.

Re: I\'ll admit when I make a mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
You will not YLO. Your Bilbo = Sterling Sharpe prediction goes down the tubes and it's Gies' comment. I predicted 6-5 in 2004. I hit it right on the money. I picked Tech to win the Champs Bowl not by as wide of a margin but few did. My post about Petersen has proved correct. Petersen was a finalist for the Broyles award. Of course people who nominate for that award don't know as much football as the FOC'ers. Auburn lost it's 2 top running backs, and QB. If Tech can produce any kind of offense, Tech can win the game. Nix and Gailey need to develop an offense to go with Tenuta's top 12 defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what exactly are you saying? You're 20OzBulldog?

Anyway, onto whats seemingly important. Chan Gailey is going to live and die by his offense, which is probably the best thing for all of us in terms of making this his make or break year.

One question for you 3518. If we did have a solid QB at the helm (I'll even go as low as saying Chris Rix), do you think we win more games? In other words, how many games do you think the play of our QB cost us in 2004?

And if he did cost us games, how much of that is Gailey's responsiblity and how much is Reggie's? Is it a 50-50 proposition, or is Gailey to blame completely.

Please leave any mention of Bilbo out of this conversation as what he would have done at QB is a moot point and irrelevant to my questions.

Very good post BOR.

I will virtually gaurantee that 3813techie and the other whiners DO NOT TAILGATE with other human beings that are not forced to be there. I'd bet 75% of them don't even make the games.

There is a lot more to Saturdays in the fall than W-L.

Re: Braine said after talking to Gailey for 15 minutes

never said anything about DICK, i was talking about kim king and apparently you dont know KIM.

Re: Dean, you\'re right and BOR is wrong.

stick, maybe you know DICK, that bor is talking about, you and i were talking about kim king, and he was not in favor of the gailey hiring.

maybe he is talking about dick bestwick , used to coach the freshman team years ago.

Check your inbox TML. You like to blow smoke it seems, so there's some smoke in it for you.

Re: I\'ll admit when I make a mistake.

techie, who disagrees that we can beat Auburn next year? I'm still not sure who you're arguing with. Our offense has sucked, I don't know of anyone who would argue with that. Would Peterson have made a difference? Who know? Would he have taken an OC job? Again, who knows? And you know what else, who cares? The point is to score more points, control the ball and win some games. We're all with you.

Those are LAME excuses.

How many Auburn fans expect to lose to GT in East Opelika?

THEY DON'T.

Auburn has a secret weapon known only to some. They will not be playing with only eight guys on offense. They have located numerous human beings who play football and they have been secretly training them on how to run and/or throw a football. In fact, some of these players will be used by Auburn in an attempt to thwart our designs on an early win.

One thing I have noticed...

...in this thread that no one has mentioned is the salary we are currently paying Chan. When RickyReck and others talk about how it would be near impossible to draw interest from Hawkins or Johnson, etc, this comes to mind.

The difficulty of the job is only one factor. Bottom line is you can be talking about coaching the Univ. of Alaska's beach volleyball team and if the price is right you'll have a shot to get the coach you're interested in.

When you say Tech is a "stepping stone" job part of the reasoning behind that in the past has been money. Well now we're up with most of the big boys only falling short of the extreme highest paying jobs out there, Stoops at OK, Saban thru '04 at LSU, etc.

In fact Chan's salary ($1 mil + with everything factored in) in my mind is one reason there are so many folks openly critical of him. After all when he was hired he had ZERO HC experience at the D-1 level. What had he done in the past to warrant such a huge payday here? Why not start him off lower and expect him to build up as he built our program to be more successful?

People gripe about the 1.5m that O'Leary never returned and here we've got Chan riding off with a cool mil every year while not achieving the same levels of success GOL had...

now let us talk salaries .. great

how can one expect anyone to be a head coach at Tech and not get paid a competitive salary?

if Braine had a problem with Gailey's lack of Div 1 experience, Braine could have elected to not hire Gailey.

But once Braine decided that maybe Gailey can pull it out at Tech after several successful stints at various college and professional outfits in different capacities, he had to give Gailey a fair market salary.

what is it with these BuzzOFF regulars? does beebad suck the brain out of their skulls and send them out in the world?

Thank you Stick. You are the only person to post the truth is this fiasco. KK fully supported Robinson
IIRC one of our old linebackes is the one that got deBraine and CCG together
Has anyone heard from Morris since ?

Re: One thing I have noticed...

Lets see what CCG's record is after 7 years. GOL had only 3 very good years in 7.The fact is CCG has a better record than GOL after 3 years. Money is not what draws a coach to begin with, It's the ability to win and win consistantly wether looking for a step or not. If a coach comes to GT just for the 1 mil we don't want him. We were a steeping stone for Curry, Ross and GOL and would be again for any hot young coach other than one connected to GT and there no garauntee even with that.CCG was HC coach at Dallas and OC at Miami, IMO being HC or an OC at the PRO LEVEL qualifies one to be a HC at a D 1 school. I don't think CCG was looking for the money, if thats all he wanted remember the mutts were very instrested and I believe they pay as much or more besides that I don't think he was going broke as an OC at Dallas. Not everybody wants a job just for the money, most coaches want to WIN.Lou Saban went to LSU because it was the dominant State U and easier to win and said so he went to the PROS for the money.

Like it or not GT is a Research University, the only one playing D1 Football, and no longer among the elite programs in college football and haven't been in almost 50 years.

Back