Anybody heard

Ish

Dodd-Like
Does he even have straight line speed? I don't recall him pulling a Dwyer and outrunning the field

Helluva Entrepreneur

Varsity Lurker
Does he even have straight line speed? I don't recall him pulling a Dwyer and outrunning the field
He ran a legit 4.35 or so in highschool, but we havnt seen him in the open field with room to run much for reasons I previously mentioned. He rarely made it past the first tackler or evaded anyone enough to get room to run, but he can move in a straight line, for sure.

Helluva Entrepreneur

Varsity Lurker
A few, and from memory he tended to basket catch the ball off his chest, not with his hands. Catching a slant at your face with only hands is much more difficult.
I think he will still get chances to return some kicks and probably gunning on kickoff team as a defender, and honestly think that will be mostly all we see from him aside from some trick plays like end around runs. I dont see him getting many targets as a receiver.

Ed Sawyer

I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.
Patenaude is legit dude. Don't know what to tell ya
He's never coordinated a P5 offense and his two years coordinating a G5 offense saw him posting a 90th and 76th ranked offense, according to the S&P efficiency ratings. By contrast, every one here would concede our 2017 and 2018 offenses weren't our best, yet they were 29th and 40th in those years.

Ish

Dodd-Like
He's never coordinated a P5 offense and his two years coordinating a G5 offense saw him posting a 90th and 76th ranked offense, according to the S&P efficiency ratings. By contrast, every one here would concede our 2017 and 2018 offenses weren't our best, yet they were 29th and 40th in those years.
Temple didn't have a QB. He set school records at Coastal Carolina

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
How about Key's recruiting rankings? How do they match up?

goldbybirth

This space for rent
I mean we arent in pads yet. So I think they may be repping at different spots then as we put pads on and see where they fallout. Official changes vs trying another position could take a while. I am sure we have a bunch of guys exploring right now. Finding a home will take a while
I know we aren't in pads yet, but there has to have already been some thought and discussion about this since the coaching change.
4.35 at a combine in HS.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
I think Vad fumbled 3 times in that game and was tired of being hit. He had his first thoughts of transfer that day. BTW I've never been hotter at a football game. It was brutal.
This was definitely the 2013 game. It was in trash time when JT was in, but yeah Vad got abused that game also. FWIW, if Chamberlain makes that block, Andrews is wide open and possibly breaks that for a TD if JT gets the throw off.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Patenaude is really impressive every time I hear him interviewed. Sounds like he can seriously coach.
Listening to him makes me think that he just may be the perfect guy for this time of transition between staffs. He has a way of talking about the offense that makes me think that he is going to do a really good job of teaching the guys their new jobs.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Got it. You're not impressed. Can you at least accept the fact that we will be playing a completely different game than we have been playing the last ten years? We will run AND pass on offense. We will play defense with the hope of playing complimentary football. Our offense and our defense should work together TO WIN GAMES, not be disjointed with offense hoping to stay on the field to keep a substandard defenses off the field. Hey, we may regress. But CPJ retired, so we had to hire a new coach. And frankly, I am not sure Georgia Tech is a much, if any, better program just because we are P5 than a whole bunch of G5 teams. Take Clempsen out of the ACC and you could find 14 G5 teams that match up well with the remainder of our conference. By October we'll have our answers.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
Listening to him makes me think that he just may be the perfect guy for this time of transition between staffs. He has a way of talking about the offense that makes me think that he is going to do a really good job of teaching the guys their new jobs.
Agreed. He checked the boxes you'd like to hear in that interview.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
So in 2017 that was the 14th highest G5 offense, and 2018 the 11th highest of all G5 schools. What point are you trying to make?

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
I’m just glad we’re getting rid of this play. We ran it way too often.

upload_2019-3-27_19-11-46.gif
It appears to be some sort of counter play where we tricked the defense into attacking the QB, who drops the ball and the RB feigning blocking picks it up and takes it the other way against the flow.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Juice Deficiency, folks. The silent killer affecting handfuls of stingtalkers. Don't be a statistic.