Apologies from Georgia Southern

Southern holds a special place in my heart. As a Savannian with family ties to GSU and Statesboro, I grew up a huge fan. GSU was my team my whole life before going to Tech, and I still follow them closely and root for GSU every game (except this one).

Some of my favorite memories from my childhood are spending cool fall afternoons sliding down the hills and playing football under the old scoreboard at Paulson, then, of course, going out onto the field after every game to celebrate the W. I was lucky enough to see the CPJ coached, Adrian Peterson teams in person.

Half of my high school and all of my best friends from home went to GSU, so even after starting school at Tech, I still spent a LOT of time in the Statesboro throughout college.

In short, I love Georgia Southern and I love Statesboro.

That said, you are crazy if you think southern is going to win this game. And you are even crazier if you think at least 75% of your school/fanbase are not giant UGA fans. I'm not going to bust your balls over it, or trash GSU fans, but it is true.

Okay, I will bust your balls a little here...What do GSU fans and UGA fans have in common? They are both Duke basketball fans.

Ok, Im done. I'm excited about this game. I know GSU will bring some crazy fans. I expect a packed house. Good luck!

this Southern guy next to me sez "tl, cannot read"

Southern does have really sharp looking jerseys...and good country food. I worked and lived there for about 6 months. Just wasn't for me. At all.

Dang, looks like Southern lost to Wofford last year. And barely beat Chattanooga, I was at that game and thought the Eagles looked awful. If that is any indication of their defense this year, we will easily cover that 24 point spread.

You guys sure do seem to live on LAST YEAR.., when GS played with as many as 19 scholarship players out with injury. They beat Florida with 47 scholarship players making the trip and their best player (McKinnon) only at about 70% after an ankle injury caused him to miss a two or three games. This GS team is much better than the 2013 team, and you will see that on Saturday. I'm not predicting a GS win by any means, but if you're thinking the 2013 team is going to show up, you are sorely mistaken.

By the way. I am a GT fan, but I graduated from GS. My stepson played for PJ and Sewak, and we know them well. I have been on board with GS football since Erk asked me to be a part of it in the early 1980s, and as much as I want PJ to succeed at GT, I will be wearing Blue and White on Saturday.

Last edited:
At the expense of mucking up this otherwise awesome thread I can confirm #2. I started at UWG since it was cheap and I could work full time for two years then transferred, got blasted my first semester, but still graduated with honors.
I can attest to #2 after cum laude and partying at Sewanee plus 5 years in the Navy came to Tech for EE degree which I did in 17 months. Studied my butt off and no partying. First quarter I was ecstatic to see a "C" posted in my first EE course. Except for proving my self in a Physics and Calculus class first quarter, I had two easy classes Speech and Tech writing. Took over 17 hours per quarter and 21 one quarter. Point being, a lot of solid courses Jr and Sr level. I did not graduate from Tech with honors. Was glad to graduate.

You guys sure do seem to live on LAST YEAR.., when GS played with as many as 109 scholarship players out with injury. They beat Florida with 47 scholarship players making the trip and their best player (McKinnon) only at about 70% after an ankle injury caused him to miss a two or three games. This GS team is much better than the 2013 team, and you will see that on Saturday. I'm not predicting a GS win by any means, but if you're thinking the 2013 team is going to show up, you are sorely mistaken.

By the way. I am a GT fan, but I graduated from GS and my stepson played for PJ and Sewak. I have been on board with GS football since Erk asked me to be a part of it in the early 1980s, and as much as I want PJ to succeed, I will be wearing Blue and White on Saturday.

lol

Another "you guys sure seem to live on last year" followed by "let me tell you all about how we beat Florida" post.

lol

Another "you guys sure seem to live on last year" followed by "let me tell you all about how we beat Florida" post.

Touche' my friend. I'd like to hear how you beat Georgia, but it's been so long that you probably can't remember it.

Now, let's get back to civil conversation about the game this week...

Yeah this is what we have resorted to, talking öööö with some bottom teir football program?

They're the ones up next on the schedule. Thankfully we can get some good turkey neck beams hate going on next week

I'll tell you all about it right after you tell me about that big win over Wofford.
We beat Wofford when it counted. It didn't count last year. We were in transition so we weren't playoff eligible. Why don't you ask Wofford what happened when we played them in a playoff game? We turned that place into Paulson north just as we will your place Saturday.

We beat Wofford when it counted. It didn't count last year. We were in transition so we weren't playoff eligible. Why don't you ask Wofford what happened when we played them in a playoff game? We turned that place into Paulson north just as we will your place Saturday.

He insinuates they're going to beat us like we're Wofford. Think about the level of delusional this must take.

I can't believe Tech fans live so much in the past.

Where will you be sitting?

224L unless I opt for better seats

I'll have my kids with me. You won't get a fight outta me but my 12 year old may punch you in the nether regions if you start any crap. :wink:

224L unless I opt for better seats

I'll have my kids with me. You won't get a fight outta me but my 12 year old may punch you in the nether regions if you start any crap. :wink:

Coit's not the one you have to watch out for. It's that TaxJacket feller. He thinks he's invincible when he's drunk. I think I saw him start a riot once.

Question to Southern fans: Is Old Dominion a good team?
They have a heckuva QB and some good receivers but no defense at all. Their QB is NFL quality. We simply had to outscore them in '11 and '12.

Why do people keep calling Georgia Southern 'GSU'? They don't even play D-1A football.

Back