BOWLS

The Jamey Chadwell "Defense" is on full display at the Birmingham Bowl. ECU Pirates already up 10-0 in the 1st qtr. I'm glad we passed on him - seems like most offenses pass pretty easily on 'em lol

14-10 coastal now

I'm not saying Chadwell was the right choice (and I don't think he's even coaching this game), but from what I've seen, the offense is entertaining.

Final East Carolina 53-29. I have a feeling that in a few years from now Costal Carolina will be known as that place on the right that you pass going to Myrtle Beach or Murrells Inlet going to eat seafood. Occasionally people will remember they have a football team but then think they are getting it mixed up with College of Charleston.

Final East Carolina 53-29. I have a feeling that in a few years from now Costal Carolina will be known as that place on the right that you pass going to Myrtle Beach or Murrells Inlet going to eat seafood.
ACKchually, it's on the left if you're going to Murrells Inlet. They'll also probably be known for their golf course (formerly Quail Creek) too.

I think the announcers on this game are on barbiturates. If anybody was excited about this game they would fall asleep listening to the call.
I was thinking the same. Football broadcasting is the wrong sport for Tiffany Greene. I had to turn it off.

A couple of ACC teams play today:

UCF vs Duke @ 2:00
Oregon vs UNC @ 8:00

Duke-UCF - who ya got?

My gut says UCF, because they’re just kinda lucky and I can never believe that Duke is any good. I’d rather Duke win (go ACC) because “who cares it’s Duke” vs UCF’s chronic wannabe syndrome.

JRjr

WTF, the Duke/UCF game doesn’t even get first down lines on the field? This is 8-4 vs 9-4, not one of those 6-6 games I’ve been watching all week.

Duke’s loss to mobile QB Jeff Sims gets a mention.

Edit: they figured out the first down line.

JRjr

Wait, Duke drives get the first down line but UCF drives don’t? Seems like an unfair tactical advantage for Duke. ;-)

JRjr

Talked with someone in the Duke athletic department during a holiday function and Elko is very respected and very well liked there

Last bet for me on bowls until the 2 playoffs….

PAC12 is 10-1 in last 11 against the ACC. Carolina lost a lot of D guys to opt outs, and Oregon lost a few. Probably a lot of offense.

Guess I want UNC to win for ACC respect, although I’m not wild about it.

Another baseball game stadium, this time at Petco in San Diego.

JRjr

Petco Park makes a pretty cool venue for football…aside from those 50 yards away from the field in their 50 yard line tickets

Back