Butch Jones

LeonardWood

Dodd-Like
If we've got the moral courage (is that the right way to put it?) to hire Lane Kiffin, we should be hiring Art Briles instead. Dude is still red hot lava, unfortunately, and there's no way that would fly in the current political climate at Tech. But he's an impressive coach who (from what I have read) got railroaded at Baylor.
Not really seeing how the two compare.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Good point. Art Briles has a long history of building a Top 10 program out of a rubble heap. Lane Kiffin has been all over the place, employment-wise. No comparison.
Art Briles of the Mike Leach coaching tree. If he can win, let’s do it.

LeonardWood

Dodd-Like
Good point. Art Briles has a long history of building a Top 10 program out of a rubble heap. Lane Kiffin has been all over the place, employment-wise. No comparison.
I meant Lane's baggage is eye-rolling. Briles's is kryptonite. Wouldn't argue against the claim that Briles looks like he has the better historical results.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
I meant Lane's baggage is eye-rolling. Briles's is kryptonite. Wouldn't argue against the claim that Briles looks like he has the better historical results.
Why is Briles “kryptonite”? There have been reports since his firing that make the situation muddy enough that Tech could hire him.

Kiffin’s baggage is that he’s a terrible coach. Charlie Strong is the better target in the directional Florida pool.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Why is Briles “kryptonte”? There have been reports since his firing that make the situation muddy enough that Tech could hire him.

Kiffin’s baggage is that he’s a terrible coach.
Didn’t Briles basically oversee a team sanctioned gang bang at Baylor?

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Didn’t Briles basically oversee a team sanctioned gang bang at Baylor?
There was a report after that indicate he may not have known about it and the AD testified under oath that Briles was hung out to dry in order to hide a wider issue. Doesn’t prove he was innocent, but makes it muddy.

"In short, at least five key Baylor senior non-athletic administrators were aware of Elliott's predatorial behavior in the fall of 2011. They did nothing, with horrific consequences over the next five months," the motion says.

Among the most troubling emails included with the motion is one from May 25, 2012, that indicates the football program didn't know what the administration knew about the football player

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/...atorial-behavior-nothing-court-filings-allege

Last edited:

LeonardWood

Dodd-Like
There was a report after that indicate he may not have known about it and the AD testified under oath that Briles was hung out to dry in order to hide a wider issue. Doesn’t prove he was innocent, but makes it muddy.
There may be documentation/testimony that truly exonerates Briles from any connection to the bad stuff that went on at Baylor. It was still his program, and he's still very tightly associated with what went down in the court of public opinion.

I would not object to the hire, but that's a hell of a bed to make.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
If we're going to sell our morals for wins, let's go all the way. I'll take that over a Brian Gregory style "good guy" hire.

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
Art Briles of the Mike Leach coaching tree. If he can win, let’s do it.
If I remember a long line of JUCO transfers at Baylor. I'm not sure he could do that at GT. I'll have to look it up when I have time.

TechAKnee

Flats Noob
Saban will be 67 in October. Let Art get it turned around. He can bring is son on staff to be his heir apparent. His record speaks for itself. Prior to him taking over at Houston they won a whopping 8 games in the previous 3 years. Baylor last winning record was in 1995 before Art took over. He then proceeded to have 4 double digit winning seasons at Baylor. If you can sell Baylor and win there, I'm confident you can sell Tech and win here. I know they have a new stadium but it's still Baylor, who have been bottom dwellers for a long time.

upload_2018-9-17_9-24-45.png

Vespid

Billy Jacks Illegitimate Son
Not Art, but Kendall Briles. Young up and comer who was Lanes OC last year where FAU had some pretty good O going on. I think he (Kendall Briles) is at Houston now doing the same thing. Somebody to watch for sure. Although, I don't think CPJ is going anywhere anytime real soon barring an implosion.

Saban will be 67 in October. Let Art get it turned around. He can bring is son on staff to be his heir apparent. His record speaks for itself. Prior to him taking over at Houston they won a whopping 8 games in the previous 3 years. Baylor last winning record was in 1995 before Art took over. He then proceeded to have 4 double digit winning seasons at Baylor. If you can sell Baylor and win there, I'm confident you can sell Tech and win here. I know they have a new stadium but it's still Baylor, who have been bottom dwellers for a long time.

upload_2018-9-17_9-24-45.png
One recruiting aspect to keep in mind while making the comparison is that Baylor, being a private school, can hide athletes in easy majors.

F

flushed 01

Get him in. Bring in some folks from Auburn, teach our AA how to work with bagmen. Start launching character assassinations against uga BOR members, replace them with GT grads. Start some jock majors. Devalue the academics, increase the value of the degree via name recognition.

Now's a good time to go all in.
Just my opinion but , he is not as good as PJ

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Although, I don't think CPJ is going anywhere anytime real soon barring an implosion.
What do you call the last two games?