Butch Jones

You guys are ööööing crazy if you think in today’s political climate that Tech is going to go anywhere near Briles.

You guys are ööööing crazy if you think in today’s political climate that Tech is going to go anywhere near Briles.
Art Briles ran the flexbone when coaching HS.

Done deal. Any private jets in route from Italy?

What do you call the last two games?
Disappointing losses, what do you call them? It's two games we had an opportunity to win in the 4th qtr. It's two games....we got 9 left to play.

I don't think we think that; we just think he's a good football coach. I also don't think anyone really thinks we're about to hire Butch Jones. We're currently at the wild-grasping-at-straws stage of this process.

Disappointing losses, what do you call them? It's two games we had an opportunity to win in the 4th qtr. It's two games....we got 9 left to play.
Disappointing is losing to Clemson by a last-second field goal. Losing to South Florida by 11? It's a sad day at Tech when that's just considered "disappointing."

The thing about Butch Jones, keeping in mind him being the “public face” of an institution, is that darn haircut. JMO.

As to comebacks related to politics, most here are probably too young to remember a man by the name of Nixon.

When the time comes to hire a new HC for football, it appears to me that the worst thing we could do is let anyone associated with Ga. Tech make the hire.

Peterson? Maybe get some taxpayer cheating bagmen involved.

TgiveanextensionStan? Give an extension before game one because the players showed up to the proper practice facility.

HillNerds?

Curry? He is going to involve his turncoat, pompous butt whether asked to or not.

Our better course of action, if anyone cares about GT having a team 20 years from now, would be to let the AJC, input from ATL sports talk radio ( with sincere ego stroking to those guys), and an honorarium, again with proper ego stroking, to V Dooley (as long as condition that D Dooley is excluded).

Just anybody but the current GT “leaders” making the decision.

Briles may not have known about specific incidents, but he recruited all of the players and allowed that type of culture to develop within the program. Hiring somebody like him is pretty much the only thing that would make me question my fanhood, because at that point GT is not GT anymore, IMO.

Briles may not have known about specific incidents, but he recruited all of the players and allowed that type of culture to develop within the program. Hiring somebody like him is pretty much the only thing that would make me question my fanhood, because at that point GT is not GT anymore, IMO.
That "type of culture" ? And what was that exactly? And how did the recruits create it? You might as well say the coeds created it. I am not lobbying for Briles, but I am not clear how the athletic department, or a bunch of football players are somehow responsible for that "culture" or lack thereof at Baylor.

Get him in. Bring in some folks from Auburn, teach our AA how to work with bagmen. Start launching character assassinations against uga BOR members, replace them with GT grads. Start some jock majors. Devalue the academics, increase the value of the degree via name recognition.

Now's a good time to go all in.

If we are going to do something like that Jim Mora would be a better choice.

Butch failed at UT, but was successful at CMU and Cincy. It wouldn’t be strange to me to see him get another shot. I don’t want him, but he probably should get another shot somewhere.

At CMU and Cincy he was following up on the success of Brian Kelly. CMU hadn't had a winning season since 1998 before Kelly got there. Cincinnati had never had more than 8 wins in a season in school history before Kelly, who won 10+ games each year. Butch Jones may be a decent coach at lower levels, but he'd be a terrible hire at a rebuilding P5 school.

Back