Butch Jones

CGC = CBJ is not a stretch. You could make it more accurate by saying CGC = pre-Tennessee CBJ, not sure you'll find a better comparison than that.
Butch had back to back 9 win seasons. With an ACC Coastal schedule, that'd be a couple 10-11 win seasons and a couple of ACCCGs.

I'd say there are some superficial comparisons between the two, but not much beyond that. Both could stand to lose a little weight, both are known for getting a little creative/silly with some of their slogans and ra-ra material, and neither had a track record as a head coach prior to their first P5 gig that would just blow you out of the water at first blush.

I think there's a lot more that separates them, though. Butch Jones had been pretty meh as a head coach for six years when hired, long enough to suggest he wasn't the next big thing (hence the lack of enthusiasm around the hire). Jones was a northerner who had spent most of his career in the MAC or Div 2, and had no experience in a p5 league (he did spend two years as WR coach at WVU when they were in the Big East). CGC has ample experience as an assistant at several p5 schools, and knows the southeast very well. I don't think the hires are very similar at all.

Get him in. Bring in some folks from Auburn, teach our AA how to work with bagmen. Start launching character assassinations against uga BOR members, replace them with GT grads. Start some jock majors. Devalue the academics, increase the value of the degree via name recognition.

Now's a good time to go all in.

:ugh:

Back