Calvin Johnson... mediocre pro.

With the exception of Billy Sims and Barry Sanders, I can't name any past Detroit players. That should tell you something.. SH|T FRANCHISE. Always. Calvin should have Elway'd them. how long before free agency?

Giants had a busted coverage with ten men on the field which accounted for a Calvin 87 yard TD.

so, the fact that you have a poor memory proves something about the Lions?

try:
Bobby Lane
Doak Walker
Dick LeBeau
Eddie Murray (not the baseball player who was the highest paid player for the Orioles)
Doug English
Chris Spielman
Bennie Blades
Mike Utley (had a severe neck injury, was a big deal at the time in the NFL)
Gary Danielson
Herman Moore (you should definitely remember him!)
Joey Harrington
Charlie Batch
Charles Rogers (massive bust)

the franchise is not great, but they have had their share of great players

and all buzzczar needed was the help of google and wikipedia

no, not either

some of them were really easy, like Herman Moore and Charlie Batch, and Gary Danielson, and the kicker Murray who missed a FG that would have taken the Lions to the NFC Champ game when they lost to the Skins;
then Spielman everyone should know, as well as Doak Walker and Layne.

Im a Steeler fan, so Dick LeBeau is easy for me, Charles Rogers is known of being a bust, same with Joey Harrington. Bennie Blades, everyone should know that is a certain age

then i went to the Hall of Fame site, so see which Lions were there and grabbed a couple who's names i recalled - there's more, but i had no name recognition from them, so i didnt post them

some people watched these guys play, like me, and remembers their names

teams that have never played in a Super Bowl
Cleveland Browns,
Houston Texans,
Jacksonville Jaguars,
Detroit Lions,
Seattle Seahawks.

seattle played in a super bowl a few years ago

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/det/

there is no reason to know anyone except barry sanders or calvin johnson unless you remembered a name or two when you watched your team whip them

Simms was a super star

Hermann Moore played at UVA and beat our ass a few times, i remember him

Chris Spielman was awesome

Doak Walker has a freakin stadium in Tallahasee named after him

Dick LeBeau is the best defensive coach in NFL history, except MAYBE Buddy Ryan, but i think better

Utley was like paralyzed and was laid out on the field for a while, it was memorable

the kicker Murray missed a FG as the Skins, who i supported, won the NFC Championship game, i remember him

Bennie Blades another tragedy

Harrington and C Rogers are also easy to remember.

should i keep going? youre a jackass

here is what i said:

"the franchise is not great, but they have had their share of great players"

maybe you should quit blazing so much weed, Blazer????

so, the fact that you have a poor memory proves something about the Lions?

try:
Bobby Lane
Doak Walker
Dick LeBeau
Eddie Murray (not the baseball player who was the highest paid player for the Orioles)
Doug English
Chris Spielman
Bennie Blades
Mike Utley (had a severe neck injury, was a big deal at the time in the NFL)
Gary Danielson
Herman Moore (you should definitely remember him!)
Joey Harrington
Charlie Batch
Charles Rogers (massive bust)

the franchise is not great, but they have had their share of great players

further proof.. SH|T Franchise where good players go to become unknowns.

and LOL @ you for calling Charlie Batch a "great" player. :rotfl:

further proof.. SH|T Franchise where good players go to become unknowns.

and LOL @ you for calling Charlie Batch a "great" player. :rotfl:

im a steelers fan, he was great for us this year... we really needed him

but i didnt call him directly great. i named him as a name that you would know, but i dont consider him a Lion great

those are the old guys, plus Spielman and Simms and Sanders; some of the other ones are known for other reasons (like Utley, Murray, Harrington, & Rogers)

but, yeah, that was more my point. a bad franchise, but they did have some good players at times

they did best when they had Sanders and made the playoffs a few years in a row. then Sanders quit and Ross quit and Millen ensued...

I remember reading about Night Train Lane who also played for them and is in the hall of fame. However, during my lifetime, they've been an afterthought. They've been so pitiful that the Wayne Fontes era was the glory years.

They also had a head coach that we like - Bobby Ross.

yeah, Night Train was Lane's nickname. the Lions were like the 2nd best team way back then, behind the Packers i think

as far as coaches, they also had Mariucci

yeh they did didnt they......NO and Arizona recently were removed from the list.

yeah, Night Train was Lane's nickname. the Lions were like the 2nd best team way back then, behind the Packers i think

as far as coaches, they also had Mariucci

But you listed Bobby Layne, not Dick "Night Train" Lane. Two different guys.

teams that have never played in a Super Bowl
Cleveland Browns,
Houston Texans,
Jacksonville Jaguars,
Detroit Lions,
Seattle Seahawks.

Won the NFL Championship 2 years before the Super Bowl began (and lost to the Packers in the 1966 NFL title game) and have won 8 League Championships.

While The Lions won a Championship in 1957 (and 3 others) and proceeded to lose to the college All-Star team coached by ex-Brown and QB legend Otto Graham

Back