Calvin Johnson... mediocre pro.

I remember reading about Night Train Lane who also played for them and is in the hall of fame. However, during my lifetime, they've been an afterthought. They've been so pitiful that the Wayne Fontes era was the glory years.

They also had a head coach that we like - Bobby Ross.

Bobby Layne was a QB. He was not the same person as Dick "Night Train" Lane.

so, the fact that you have a poor memory proves something about the Lions?

try:
Bobby Lane
Doak Walker
Dick LeBeau
Eddie Murray (not the baseball player who was the highest paid player for the Orioles)
Doug English
Chris Spielman
Bennie Blades
Mike Utley (had a severe neck injury, was a big deal at the time in the NFL)
Gary Danielson
Herman Moore (you should definitely remember him!)
Joey Harrington
Charlie Batch
Charles Rogers (massive bust)

the franchise is not great, but they have had their share of great players

Don't forget Alex Karras, who went on to a sterling acting career after football.

I figured I'd bump this thread, as it is very relevant today.

Calvin Johnson: 101 yds, 3 TD

Is this a weekly Sunday ritual?

If there was ever a week to do it, this is it. He was leading the NFL in TD receptions (with 8 until Gates just got his 9th a few minutes ago) and has 7 in his last 4 games. Saying CJ is a mediocre pro was laughable and deserves ridicule.

If there was ever a week to do it, this is it. He was leading the NFL in TD receptions (with 8 until Gates just got his 9th a few minutes ago) and has 7 in his last 4 games. Saying CJ is a mediocre pro was laughable and deserves ridicule.

Thank you.

I'm gonna give someone (esp BOR) a hard time when they make stupid comments, particularly ones that are unwarranted with regard to current or ex-Jackets. Fact is, CJ had the game of his career this week with 3 TDs and is really starting to get going.

Agreed. I don't wanna see this thread bumped every Sunday.

BOR has his opinion as does everyone else.

I am pretty sure this has been beaten to a pulp.

Are you kidding? The OP loves the attention. If it turns out he started a thread that will be refreshed every week until CJ retires he will be beside himself with glee. Everybody wants to be a star in their own small way.

You don't see me bumping it when he doesn't show up. I'm glad though that Calvin has found motivation from reading this and finally being a difference maker. Afterall, he's got all the physical attributes to be dominant. Glad he is steadily doing it.

Thank you.

I'm gonna give someone (esp BOR) a hard time when they make stupid comments, particularly ones that are unwarranted with regard to current or ex-Jackets. Fact is, CJ had the game of his career this week with 3 TDs and is really starting to get going.

You people are ****ing retards when you can't see the obvious troll. I have forgotten more about football than you will ever know and if it wasn't for my constant reviews, opinions, and in depth analysis for you morons to feast on, there wouldn't be a football board at all. Instead you guys would be wacking your puds trying to come up with an something smart to say about a football game like the genius who compared Vad Lee to Cam Newton or the constant bitching about obvious things like "our WRs can't catch". You're lucky I spoon feed you as I do. Now run along.

You people are ****ing retards when you can't see the obvious troll. I have forgotten more about football than you will ever know and if it wasn't for my constant reviews, opinions, and in depth analysis for you morons to feast on, there wouldn't be a football board at all. Instead you guys would be wacking your puds trying to come up with an something smart to say about a football game like the genius who compared Vad Lee to Cam Newton or the constant bitching about obvious things like "our WRs can't catch". You're lucky I spoon feed you as I do. Now run along.

I see what you did there.

You don't see me bumping it when he doesn't show up. I'm glad though that Calvin has found motivation from reading this and finally being a difference maker. Afterall, he's got all the physical attributes to be dominant. Glad he is steadily doing it.

That's b/c since you posted this he hasn't had a week when he didn't show up. 443 yards and 7 TDs in 5 games since you first talked out of your...

In fact, with Andre Johnson's injuries, the argument could be made that he's the best WR in the NFL. I'm not saying he is, its tough to compare stats against guys like Fitzgerald/Johnson/Wayne who have varying levels of QBs throwing to them, just saying the argument could be made.

That's b/c since you posted this he hasn't had a week when he didn't show up. 443 yards and 7 TDs in 5 games since you first talked out of your...

Seriously, what would you have without me?
I provide your life meaning.

In fact, with Andre Johnson's injuries, the argument could be made that he's the best WR in the NFL. I'm not saying he is, its tough to compare stats against guys like Fitzgerald/Johnson/Wayne who have varying levels of QBs throwing to them, just saying the argument could be made.

+1

Are you going to start talking about your arms and turkey sandwiches now?

I don't know who edited tags for this thread, but man, fixate much?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Back