Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

I'll admit I was on the prime train at one point. Before we fired the clown, I didn't think we had anything to lose. We were irrelevant. I thought prime could bring us lots of publicity and make us relevant even if we weren't very good. I didn't think he would hang around long but if he left us with some talented transfers and a few sidewalk fans that might hang around even after he left, that might be it fastest way back to getting decent. We were at a very low point so I felt he was with the risk.

All that changed when key took over and showed us that clown was much more of the problem than we thought. It wasn't just poor gameday coaching. The clown was a cancer that has no business on a football field. Key instantly took the same players and won more games in his partial year than the clown could win in any of his years. While we still lacked talent and depth, the team wasnt as hopeless as they looked under clown. While we were no where near where we all want the program to be, it wasn't as bad it seemed. The primetime risk was no to big for me and was glad to see Key get the job.

The jury is still out on if it was the right move. I like key and think him and Batt had got us moving in the right direction. I think Key still has a lot to learn. In my mind, he has this year to gain valuable experience and next year will be the true test.

Prime has done a lot of what I thought he would have done at Tech. Colorado has made a lot of money and he's brought excitement to the program. I think it would have been even more in Atlanta. I don't like the way he has done a lot of it and would have hated to see it done at Tech. It will also be interesting to see what Colorado looks like when he leaves town.

I'm glad we passed on the prime experiment and hope that Key continues the progress they are making and grows into a legendary coach for us

This is an interesting and somewhat true analogy. Just remember those of us with retirement funds locked into CDs may not be rich, but we are not living under the bridge.
Just to clarify, that is fine if your career is over and you're riding into the sunset. Hopefully the school isn't treating the football program this way though.

I think you are correct about it not being between Key and Prime. I completely speculating but I don't think Prime was even considered (but who knows). There is zero doubt or disagreement that Prime would have brought the spotlight with him and a good chunk of cash as well.

But having been thru the crash-burn-rebuild cycle starting with Pepper Rodgers (probably the closest comparison to Prime ever to coach here), replacing the Idiot with Prime would not have worked in my opinion. In Boulder, Prime replaced the bulk of the roster with a stack of blue-chip transfers. Do you really think that would work here? We've had some success with the portal but go down CO's roster in order of NFL draft potential and confirm that all those guys would be on GT's roster if Prime was our HC.

First off, I don't think he would have been given the authority to run off the bulk of our scholly guys. Secondly, he would not have had anywhere near the portal success here that he had in CO. Thirdly, his complete abandonment of the traditional recruiting process (no home visits ever?) would not work here - see previous problem with building a roster from the Portal at GT vs CO.

I remember, in the pre-portal days, Bill Snyder at Kansas St. built rosters year after year on "transfers". I can't say with certainty that Travis Hunter would or wouldn't be playing for GT if Prime came here but I have my doubts. Where would CO be if he decided to go to OSU or Bama instead? We can't take a chance like that.

Again, I've been through at least 4 major reconstructions of our football program. You might be right in thinking that Prime would have a much bigger upside here than a "safe bet" candidate. But I would counter that if it didn't work out, we would be looking at back-to-back program catastrophes.

Weigh the pros and cons and don't ignore the cons.

I guess it's whatever light you see shining on the program after 3 years of clown party. Some people are glass half full. I personally didn't think it could get any worse. Definitely serious vibes of 1980, blame it on covid, or the change in NIL or whatever combo, we were in a very bad spot. No matter if Deion would have come to Tech or not, we didn't make an attempt, at least nothing serious.

It's not so much ignoring the cons as nodding while you sprint past them.

If you're shot, stabbed, and bleeding out, to me it seems there's likely no harm in jumping off a bridge to see if you can reach the surgeon at the bottom, even if he doesn't actually save your life.

I guess it's whatever light you see shining on the program after 3 years of clown party. Some people are glass half full. I personally didn't think it could get any worse. Definitely serious vibes of 1980, blame it on covid, or the change in NIL or whatever combo, we were in a very bad spot. No matter if Deion would have come to Tech or not, we didn't make an attempt, at least nothing serious.

It's not so much ignoring the cons as nodding while you sprint past them.

If you're shot, stabbed, and bleeding out, to me it seems there's likely no harm in jumping off a bridge to see if you can reach the surgeon at the bottom, even if he doesn't actually save your life.
Username checks out

So let’s review Colorado’s massive win over UCF……Since that massive win over “mighty” UCF let’s review UCF….

1. Lost to a bad UF team 24-13
2. Lost to a bad Cincy team 19-13.

So yet again, I’ll ask…….What team with a winning record has mighty Colorado beaten again?

Typical Colorado fan……Here’s the answer. Colorado has beaten exactly 0 teams with a winning record.

But I’m sure you’ll be glued to ESPN with your hat and glasses at 10:15 for the massive showdown vs KSU.

Typical Colorado fan……Here’s the answer. Colorado has beaten exactly 0 teams with a winning record.

But I’m sure you’ll be glued to ESPN at 10:15 for the massive showdown vs KSU.
No Colorado fan but you literally answered your own question

No Colorado fan but you literally answered your own question
It’s simple. You’re a Colorado fan because of Prime based on your posts. The guy can do no wrong in your mind, despite not doing anything of note on the field.

So I’ll ask again. Who has Prime beaten in 1.5 years?

Nice moral victory…..Which means…..Still 0 wins over any team with a winning record. Must be why the Colorado fans are so quiet today…….lol

6 wins is possible though. Still have Cincy and Kansas to play. Those t-shirts will be printing in limited quantities on here if that magical 6th win is reached.

I was actually impressed with Colorado last night.
The new DC is obviously a good coach. If he could convince Deon to bench Shilo, they would probably have a better defense. They are the opposite of us, pretty good pass D, sub par run D.
Shedeur takes too many sacks and presses for the big play too often, but he can sling it. They absolutely suck at running the ball, and ended with negative yards due to sacks, but I think their starting RB was in the teens yardage wise. Had he thrown a crosser and kept the drive alive, they probably drive down and beat a ranked K state team without Hunter playing.
I don’t know how good Deion is or how long he will be there, but they are a much better team than the were just last year.

I was actually impressed with Colorado last night.
The new DC is obviously a good coach. If he could convince Deon to bench Shilo, they would probably have a better defense. They are the opposite of us, pretty good pass D, sub par run D.
Shedeur takes too many sacks and presses for the big play too often, but he can sling it. They absolutely suck at running the ball, and ended with negative yards due to sacks, but I think their starting RB was in the teens yardage wise. Had he thrown a crosser and kept the drive alive, they probably drive down and beat a ranked K state team without Hunter playing.
I don’t know how good Deion is or how long he will be there, but they are a much better team than the were just last year.
How many teams with winning records has Colorado beaten?

How many ranked teams has Colorado beaten?

They have an easier schedule and suck just as much

How many teams with winning records has Colorado beaten?

How many ranked teams has Colorado beaten?

They have an easier schedule and suck just as much
Zero. I’m not saying they are good, just that they are better than they were.
Kansas St is a good squad and they took them to the wire without their best player for most of the game.
Just giving credit as I’ve been a doubter. I think the do go bowling, if barely. Their pass offense will keep them in games, and their defense is improving

travolta-waiting.gif

Back