Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

anyone else suffering from Prime fatigue? Please, I get it that the entire media world is cheering him on and building him up, but it's like nothing else is happening in CFB. I predict an implosion, not necessarily on the field, but off. Deion knows how to tweak the media, and now many of the loudmouths, including his son, are trying to get in on the act. I relish when someone lays a beatdown on them.
The last time the hype was this big in Boulder, they had the HC’s daughter pregnant with the deceased QB’s child, 5 downs, and a phantom clipping call.
I’d prefer not to witness what all will go down this time.

the HC’s daughter pregnant with the deceased QB’s child,
blinking-eyes-man.gif

I was looking at future schedules and we’ve got @Colorado in 2025. What are the odds Deion is still coach then?

I was looking at future schedules and we’ve got @Colorado in 2025. What are the odds Deion is still coach then?

Probably pretty high. He would probably have to get to 10-11 wins to get poached. I don’t see it happening this year. Next is possible, but he will also be facing a new mix of teams. 2025 is probably his show year.

You don’t remember the hype around Sal Aunese, the former QB? Colorado HC was Bill McCartney. His daughter gave birth to a son fathered by the Buff’s QB, Sal Aunese, who had died earlier in the year of stomach cancer. Every time CO was on TV that season, it included the obligatory camera shot into the sky when discussing the team’s motivation. That child is TC McCartney, now a pretty successful pro football coach. I guess Sal is still with him?

You don’t remember the hype around Sal Aunese, the former QB? Colorado HC was Bill McCartney. His daughter gave birth to a son fathered by the Buff’s QB, Sal Aunese, who had died earlier in the year of stomach cancer. Every time CO was on TV that season, it included the obligatory camera shot into the sky when discussing the team’s motivation. That child is TC McCartney, now a pretty successful pro football coach. I guess Sal is still with him?
1990 was, sadly, prior to my Tech fandom. This is a piece of lore that I had somehow not come across. I had in my mind that it was some sort of college student, out-of-wedlock situation but I guess not?

1990 was, sadly, prior to my Tech fandom. This is a piece of lore that I had somehow not come across. I had in my mind that it was some sort of college student, out-of-wedlock situation but I guess not?
It was, but it was the team's QB and the HC's daughter. Sadly, the QB died of cancer just before the 1990 season. That was their inspiration for the season. They were, according to ABC, the team of angelic destiny. Not to make light of his totally tragic demise, but it got pretty corny by the end of the season.

McCartney has two grandsons fathered by former players. His daughter Kristy had a child with Shannon Clavelle a few years after TC.

McCartney has two grandsons fathered by former players. His daughter Kristy had a child with Shannon Clavelle a few years after TC.
Wow, hard to find daughters willing to give it all for Dad like that.

I know a Colorado student. She says she’s never seen such excitement on campus. Which makes sense because they have sucked the last few decades

I wonder if the hype would be so big if they had lost that TCU game. They easily could have. But now there's no derailing the hype train, win or lose

Back