Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

Colorado has a better record than us. Has not lost to a G5 team. Won a single game last season. They are also selling tickets like crazy and getting a lot of attention. We could’ve had all of that. For the cost of losing in double OT to Stanford. Oh the horror.
Why don't we wait until the season is done to compare and evaluate. So far, the Jackets have the worse loss, for sure. We don't know who will have the better win and season record.

Colorado has a better record than us. Has not lost to a G5 team. Won a single game last season. They are also selling tickets like crazy and getting a lot of attention. We could’ve had all of that. For the cost of losing in double OT to Stanford. Oh the horror.
"Could've had all that"? Who honestly thinks there was a f*ck's chance he was going to coach at GT? What have you go that indicates there were deep discussions regarding Sanders coming to GT? I don't get all these Prime-Time panty boys lamenting over 'what could've been' when there never was a chance in hell it was going to be.

I’m not on his jock. I’m also not acting as though he’s equivalent to Geoff Collins which is clearly false.
He got a bump because people love a good bandwagon. As far as coaching goes, he is about a C or C- right now, trending to a D.

"Could've had all that"? Who honestly thinks there was a f*ck's chance he was going to coach at GT? What have you go that indicates there were deep discussions regarding Sanders coming to GT? I don't get all these Prime-Time panty boys lamenting over 'what could've been' when there never was a chance in hell it was going to be.
Because he is just sure of it. Because GT is known as the type of school that will tell current 85 scholarship players that they need to get lost because we are bringing in some likely non qualifiers because winning football games is more important to The Georgia Institute of Technology than our reputation as a top academic school. We must win games first.

I mean it’s just a question of what the leadership wants to do. I think the opportunity was there since Deion was looking for a P5 job and we were looking to hire. i think it would’ve been a wholesale change in philosophy for the program and one that would actually make competing on a regular basis a legitimate possibility.

I am OK with the direction we chose.

Deion may be a flash in the pan or he may have staying power. We don’t know. The media has made him an attractive person to many. However, he’s a prima donna to many others. What happens if he ends up with. A losing record at CO this season? He’s beaten no good teams so far, but the season is only half done.

Deion may be a flash in the pan or he may have staying power. We don’t know. The media has made him an attractive person to many. However, he’s a prima donna to many others. What happens if he ends up with. A losing record at CO this season? He’s beaten no good teams so far, but the season is only half done.
Let's check out next year's recruiting class and see how everyone feels

Let's check out next year's recruiting class and see how everyone feels
Are you going to weight it for who Deion can get in his school vs. who Key can get in his? If so, I'm good with that. However, I would wager that success is a good bit easier at a state university in the Rockies with unlimited curriculum options and virtually no entry barriers than it is for a technology school in midtown Atlanta with limited curriculum options and very high entry barriers. Just because Deion might do it better in Boulder doesn't mean he'd do it better in Atlanta.

"We could've had all that"....Really? Pls tell us more.

Deion may be a flash in the pan or he may have staying power. We don’t know.
How is Prime Academy doing these days?

He’s been up front that he’s not looking to make Colorado football his legacy. It’s a marriage of convenience.

Not losing to a G5 team sounds great until you read the fine print and see that not only did they lose to a G5 team, they lost to a G5 team within their own state.

Hopefully we don't not lose to a G5 team like Colorado did when we play Georgia State.

Not losing to a G5 team sounds great until you read the fine print and see that not only did they lose to a G5 team, they lost to a G5 team within their own state.
Da fuq are you talking about??

Back