Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

They would be the same. Right now Colorado’s record is…better than GT’s. We have a non-gimme game to play this Saturday.

Why are you so obsessive over Colorado? Why does it matter if Deion is or isn’t a good coach. By most measures he is pretty good.
Do you read? Or are you fabricating stuff in your head?

I never said BC is a gimme. There are no gimme games in CFB right now.

Also, Show me the following:

1. Where did I say Deion isn’t a coach coach? Last year at this time I was hoping GT would hire him.
2. How is anyone obsessive with Colorado outside of people who claimed they were elite by beating TCU followed by CSU in multiple OT’s?

Colorado is a 4-5 win team. That’s 2-3 more than most people expected, until people went delusional after beating TCU and CSU.

Deion has been a financial boom for Colorado. And I’ll reiterate what I’ve said numerous times before, he would have been a financial boom for GT. That said, GT the school would not have allowed him to flip the roster through the Portal the way he did.

I’ll keep saying what I’m sticking by until proven otherwise based on what has been said by insiders, Colorado is a 2 year stop gap for Deion until an SEC, FSU or NFL job opens. He wanted the Auburn job. It would have been no different had GT hired him. The concern for Colorado when he leaves will be the cost of a complete rebuild. So they better enjoy the $$$$ now.

Do you read? Or are you fabricating stuff in your head?

I never said BC is a gimme. There are no gimme games in CFB right now.

Also, Show me the following:

1. Where did I say Deion isn’t a coach coach? Last year at this time I was hoping GT would hire him.
2. How is anyone obsessive with Colorado outside of people who claimed they were elite by beating TCU followed by CSU in multiple OT’s?

Colorado is a 4-5 win team. That’s 2-3 more than most people expected, until people went delusional after beating TCU and CSU.

Deion has been a financial boom for Colorado. And I’ll reiterate what I’ve said numerous times before, he would have been a financial boom for GT. That said, GT the school would not have allowed him to flip the roster through the Portal the way he did.

I’ll keep saying what I’m sticking by until proven otherwise based on what has been said by insiders, Colorado is a 2 year stop gap for Deion until an SEC, FSU or NFL job opens. He wanted the Auburn job. It would have been no different had GT hired him. The concern for Colorado when he leaves will be the cost of a complete rebuild. So they better enjoy the $$$$ now.
It’s actually so simple. You are thinking about it in the clouds. WE NEED MONEY. “GT the school” has been problem #1 for a long time. The guys (some of them even at GT) are paid. That means professional. Class is optional.

Did you honestly think any school was willing to do what the buffs did? No you didn't. Nobody did, it flipped the script for the first time and for all time. From now on when a new coach rolls into a disaster program I guarantee the first thing he does under the current rules is clean house.

Just because you "think" it couldn't have been us doesn't mean it couldn't have been. I dunno where the hell you guys keep getting this argument. Anytime something new happens, there has to be a first time.

This has less to do with Deion than adapting to the current landscape of NCAA football. He's just the poster child.
Anytime something new happens.....it's not automatically a good thing, i.e. NIL & free agency....not to mention.... Diet Coke.

. The concern for Colorado when he leaves will be the cost of a complete rebuild. So they better enjoy the $$$$ now.

That is essentially no cost to CU. They were in complete rebuild shape prior to hiring Sanders. All he did was bring money and interest into the program. He has shown the administration, students, and community what kind of money are functional program can bring into the school.

Shoot, the money he has already brought in has probably paid off the previous coach’s buyout. This was the right hire for them.

Y'all talking about a 1-11 team who's average loss was by something like 23 points last year. Y'all realize that, right?

But keep arguing and pointing out how bad Deion is. I'm entertained.

1697632907110.png

That is essentially no cost to CU. They were in complete rebuild shape prior to hiring Sanders. All he did was bring money and interest into the program. He has shown the administration, students, and community what kind of money are functional program can bring into the school.

Shoot, the money he has already brought in has probably paid off the previous coach’s buyout. This was the right hire for them.
Key words......for them.

Y'all talking about a 1-11 team who's average loss was by something like 23 points last year. Y'all realize that, right?

They been cucked so long they don’t understand they’re cucks.

Anytime something new happens.....it's not automatically a good thing, i.e. NIL & free agency....not to mention.... Diet Coke.

Diet Coke came out in 1982...followed in 1984 by all-new disposable adult diapers...those were a real smash hit and are still going strong today!

Deion kept less than 10% of that team. It's not coaching to basically hand pick guys at every position to transfer in. Nothing in Colorado's history should be used to determine if Deion is a good coach.

When referring to rebuild, I mean roster management. Yes, the school will have $$$. They aren’t going to attract another star level name to be the HC like they did with Deion. Won’t be quite as simple to go into the Portal and find 4* players from other schools / former 2-3* stars from smaller schools (MAC, CUSA, AAC) that are in high demand to pick Colorado when Alabama, tOSU, Michigan, etc are vying for that player.

It’s actually so simple. You are thinking about it in the clouds. WE NEED MONEY. “GT the school” has been problem #1 for a long time. The guys (some of them even at GT) are paid. That means professional. Class is optional.
My head isn’t in the clouds. Everyone knows GTAA is broke, while GT the school at the academic level brings in a ton of $$$. Problem is, you aren’t going to be able to allocate donation $$$ from an alum who doesn’t care about sports over to the GTAA. The outrage would be comical though.

GT has the opposite problem of 75% of the ACC and everyone in the SEC minus Vandy. The AA funds are flowing with $$$, while the academic side is benefiting from football. I mean, LSU football is what funds that school. The school itself is broke.

Once again, an opinion you can hold. However, it's the way of college sports now and probably permanently since $ is running the show. We decide to get with the new way, or get out of the way.

Once again, an opinion you can hold. However, it's the way of college sports now and probably permanently since $ is running the show. We decide to get with the new way, or get out of the way.
Fair point gambler. I would normally get out of the way for "progress", but NIL/TP ain't progress for CFB. Ur right though, $ drive a lot of sheeite.

Fair point gambler. I would normally get out of the way for "progress", but NIL/TP ain't progress for CFB. Ur right though, $ drive a lot of sheeite.
I’ve been around long enough to have realized that not all “progress” is good.

You say it’s not progress for CFB, but you’re only looking at it through one lens. For the past 30+ years CFB has been making schools and coaches a lot of $$$ through the following:

1. TV / radio deals.
2. Bowl game alliances.
3. Conference affiliation.
4. Video games.
5. School apparel.

None of it made it’s way down to the players (legally). And please don’t come back with “free education, etc” because it’s not the same as a HC making millions annually.

Keep in mind what started NIL in the first place. NCAA Basketball video game on Sega around 1995. The NCAA has been profiting on everything during this time. The NCAA had a chance to fix this circa 2018-2020 before thinking the government and high courts were going to side with them on “amateur athlete”, NIL, etc, but didn’t.

NIL, Portal has actually made this season the best season in probably a decade plus. The Portal was actually the great neutralizer for now, combined with 6-7 year COVID eligible players.

Going forward this may not be the case, since NIL is only in the infancy stages, but the problems you have with CFB are NCAA, conference and school issues. If GT doesn’t want to be a part of the future of P5 / P4 football, that’s a decision GT has to make. That said, 75% of current P5 / P4 schools are investing in staying in that status in the future. Especially when the NCAA is removed as so called governing body of FBS football.

I would say schools could make kids pay for tuition, etc as a way to balance out NIL, but the Top 20 CFB programs don’t care about how much a scholarship costs a year. They will just continue with the current model in addition to NIL.

My head isn’t in the clouds. Everyone knows GTAA is broke, while GT the school at the academic level brings in a ton of $$$. Problem is, you aren’t going to be able to allocate donation $$$ from an alum who doesn’t care about sports over to the GTAA. The outrage would be comical though.
True and that is as it should be, however
when collecting for academic donations they could provide an option for say 10% or 20% to go to athletics.
That is the kind of thing i thought Cabrera meant when he made his wonderful speech.

You say it’s not progress for CFB, but you’re only looking at it through one lens. For the past 30+ years CFB has been making schools and coaches a lot of $$$ through the following:

1. TV / radio deals.
2. Bowl game alliances.
3. Conference affiliation.
4. Video games.
5. School apparel.

None of it made it’s way down to the players (legally). And please don’t come back with “free education, etc” because it’s not the same as a HC making millions annually.

Keep in mind what started NIL in the first place. NCAA Basketball video game on Sega around 1995. The NCAA has been profiting on everything during this time. The NCAA had a chance to fix this circa 2018-2020 before thinking the government and high courts were going to side with them on “amateur athlete”, NIL, etc, but didn’t.

NIL, Portal has actually made this season the best season in probably a decade plus. The Portal was actually the great neutralizer for now, combined with 6-7 year COVID eligible players.

Going forward this may not be the case, since NIL is only in the infancy stages, but the problems you have with CFB are NCAA, conference and school issues. If GT doesn’t want to be a part of the future of P5 / P4 football, that’s a decision GT has to make. That said, 75% of current P5 / P4 schools are investing in staying in that status in the future. Especially when the NCAA is removed as so called governing body of FBS football.

I would say schools could make kids pay for tuition, etc as a way to balance out NIL, but the Top 20 CFB programs don’t care about how much a scholarship costs a year. They will just continue with the current model in addition to NIL.
My boss makes 7 figures and I’m not near him. It happens… a lot.

The players are given a LOT of free stuff, starting with an education from a premier school. You simply cannot play that off. It’s worth over $100K, including COA. Then you add all the services they get, food service, medical, tutoring, S&C, etc., etc. they get paid a lot of in-kind remuneration.

Back