Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

i dont understand why we havent already been using AI, we're georgia tech, we can do that. unless its illegal. get hands on opponents practice film, previous games, and dump in computer as data points. during games, analyze opponents formations and come up with most probable play call and coordinators can relay to sidelines. maybe this already happens, but seems tech should have a leg up in this dept.

It's a good idea but it takes money. Alabama, with its giant pool of dough and history of hiring extra off-field analysts and staff, is in a much better position to do something like this than Tech is.

The fact that Tech has really good engineering and CS programs is less relevant to stuff like this than people think in my opinion. Something like this is a job, probably multiple jobs, and you want professionals with experience, not students with a full courseload.

I do not understand why 14 schools would agree to a fixed amount for that extended time frame with no inflation adjustment.
There is a revenue escalation over the term of the contract. It's not fixed.

The ACC media rights deal results in roughly $400 million of revenue annually, with each of the 15 member schools receiving between $35 and $38 million per season.

I'm almost certain that GT will come out on top of this somewhere.
1690987887787.jpeg

Would be interesting, presumably ESPN would then be able to revisit the media contract they have with the ACC, wonder how that would go.

What are the odds this dude shuts the öööö up when again nothing happens today on the “HUGE DAY” for FSU?

Would be interesting, presumably ESPN would then be able to revisit the media contract they have with the ACC, wonder how that would go.
I am wondering the same thing. If this is accurate I am assuming the $300M is for both 1) the ACC breakup fee and 2) return of TV rights for FSU football games upon leaving the conference.

How are TV contracts written for sports leagues/conferences? If a team leaves, less games are played, Act of God are there normally good faith negotiation clauses? If a contract goes to negotiation even with less teams could an argument be made the ACC TV contract is worth more today citing the SEC and Big Ten deals?

My source (connected FSU donor) said strong possibility of something announced before Aug. 15 deadline, but he doesn’t expect anything tomorrow. Said FSU has met with B1G and has also met with ESPN about paving the road to SEC after ESPN found out about meetings with B1G. Not sure how those meetings went.

BOT is meeting today and not sure if this stuff is on agenda. He doesn’t think there’s any announcement coming because FSU prefers SEC and is trying to leverage uncertainty into an SEC spot. Chair of BOT said last night not afraid of the GOR and that it won’t hinder FSU doing what it needs to do. There was also a lot of talk about academics and research (which my source believes indicates there may be some hangup with the B1G and FSU not being an AAU school). TIFWIW.

Yeah, that's a big question. ESPN has a piece in all of this UNLESS FSU gets picked up by the SEC then ESPN presumably will be made more than whole by revenues from the "new" SEC. If FSU is going to the BIG10 with Fox then none of this adds up. There are glaring issues with this rumor which leads me to believe it is horsesh*t.

My source (connected FSU donor) said strong possibility of something announced before Aug. 15 deadline, but he doesn’t expect anything tomorrow. Said FSU has met with B1G and has also met with ESPN about paving the road to SEC after ESPN found out about meetings with B1G. Not sure how those meetings went.

BOT is meeting today and not sure if this stuff is on agenda. He doesn’t think there’s any announcement coming because FSU prefers SEC and is trying to leverage uncertainty into an SEC spot. Chair of BOT said last night not afraid of the GOR and that it won’t hinder FSU doing what it needs to do. There was also a lot of talk about academics and research (which my source believes indicates there may be some hangup with the B1G and FSU not being an AAU school). TIFWIW.
This all makes the most sense. FSU bluffing ESPN with a move to the BIG10/FOX forcing ESPN to pave the way into the SEC and release of GOR concerns. You'd still have to get sign off from all the parties involved (SEC, ACC, ESPN) before pulling the trigger or you will almost certainly have a lot of very messy litigation.

Perhaps that is where the $300M figure is coming from which if delivered to the ACC (and all of it's members) would be a nice little parting gift from FSU.

Let ‘em go and cut ‘em loose. FSU hasn’t been a dominant force in the ACC for long time. Would only be tougher in those other conferences.

I find this to be so far fetched. The level at which these decisions are made some Joe Blow Donor isn't going to be in the circle.

Who on Stingtalk knew J Batt was interviewing for the AD role? Anyone?

That's our own school with donors a plenty on here. He was announced and it was like - Who? And then, why does this dude only have a letter for a first name?

This decision is orders of magnitude larger, but some rando FSU donor knows the plan!?

I find this to be so far fetched. The level at which these decisions are made some Joe Blow Donor isn't going to be in the circle.

Who on Stingtalk knew J Batt was interviewing for the AD role? Anyone?

That's our own school with donors a plenty on here. He was announced and it was like - Who? And then, why does this dude only have a letter for a first name?

This decision is orders of magnitude larger, but some rando FSU donor knows the plan!?
The donors know what is told to them by people who are in the know. This is all only as reliable as the person who fed him info.

Back