Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

Weatherford: ACC TV deal has screwed us. B1G TV deal renews before us. UF will have a $400M advantage over us.

Live look into the FSU meeting:

1691006118879.gif

Killing 100+ years of tradition for money. Now I'm forced to hope that we get into a league that has zero traditional rivals and no regional appeal (ya know, the things that make CFB great) just so we can survive.

You won't find many GT fans who will disagree with you, but Tech chose its fate on regional rivalries the day we left the SEC. After "picking" permanent rivals in the ACC netted us Clemson, Louisville, and Wake, our schedule isn't exactly packed with annual rivalry matchups in the ACC either.

As others have posted on this board, GT is more of a national brand. And we left the SEC because we thought ourselves more of a national brand. We'll be a good fit in the B1G if it comes to that, and chances are the B1G will grab as many southern ACC football programs as they can, putting us in a pod with annual matchups that are better than what we've got now anyway.

I don't care WHAT they call it, it is two 10-team conferences with some regular intra-"conference" games and a championship at the end.

It's basically going to be like MLB back when AL and NL were still separate entities.

Thing is, the SEC and BIG got their deals when the money was just being thrown around recklessly. The ACC would probably get an even worse offer if they were able to renegotiate today. So I am not sure what the answer is.

Sure. but they are 100% correct and are saying the same things we've been saying here practically every day for the past several years.
Cool. The Big10 doesn’t want them and neither does the SEC. So what are they gonna do about it?

Sure. but they are 100% correct and are saying the same things we've been saying here practically every day for the past several years.
This all goes back to Swofford screwing everyone with the deals he made. I’d be interested to know what the back end deal between espn and Raytheon sports was. Isn’t that where Swofford’s son worked?

This all goes back to Swofford screwing everyone with the deals he made. I’d be interested to know what the back end deal between espn and Raytheon sports was. Isn’t that where Swofford’s son worked?

Didn't the schools know the deal going into it? Or did they grant Swofford authority to make the deal and then he made a bad one?

Maybe 5-10 of us have been saying this for several years. Lots more think that either the GOR will hold this third-tier conference together forever, or they don't want the SEC or B1G because the ACC is just fine. Delusional and myopic, just like how GT has managed this whole thing for more than a decade.

A little different situation. FSU thinks that it would have already been picked up by B1G or SEC but for the insane GOR and exit fees that those other schools did not have. This is like the Saw movies at this point. We are all chained together in a death pit and 8 keys are required to get an uncertain number out and leaving the rest for dead.

For me it's down to I care about GT and that's about it, and I think this sort of thing has been a catalyst in that process. I used to be far more engaged in the sport as a whole but now, SEC this, ACC that, I really just don't care anymore, the traditions and uniqueness of college football is meaningful to a lot of people and that seems to be dissolving, that's going to have some effect. Nothing about any of this generates any shred of excitement for me. I doubt I'm missed, there are obviously an enormous amount of fans that will keep this thing going, but I'm glad that I was able to experience college football in what now looks like a different era.
I knew things were cooked when those "S-E-C! S-E-C!" chants and bragging about whether you had a conference TV network or your media rights money became all the rage. The fact that an Ole Miss fan would even think about talking öööö about how many MNC titles the SEC had won in the past decade or whatever was some of the dumbest öööö I've heard as far as fan banter.

I knew things were cooked when those "S-E-C! S-E-C!" chants and bragging about whether you had a conference TV network or your media rights money became all the rage. The fact that an Ole Miss fan would even think about talking öööö about how many MNC titles the SEC had won in the past decade or whatever was some of the dumbest öööö I've heard as far as fan banter.

Yeah that was one of the first indicators for me as well but I didn't recognize it at the time, just thought it was a strange take.

How many teams that left their conference for a new one went about making this much noise beforehand? Zero.

Back