Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

How many teams that left their conference for a new one went about making this much noise beforehand? Zero.

I think it is because of the GOR issue. They are taking the steps they have to take through the BOT is the way I see it.

What other schools had to navigate huge breakup fees?

I think it is because of the GOR issue. They are taking the steps they have to take through the BOT is the way I see it.

What other schools had to navigate huge breakup fees?
OU and UT. They couldn’t get out of their GoR either and had to cough up $50M for 1 year early. You think FSU has something that Texas didn’t? Doubtful.

This is all bluster.

OU and UT. They couldn’t get out of their GoR either and had to cough up $50M for 1 year early. You think FSU has something that Texas didn’t? Doubtful.

This is all bluster.

1 year early vs 13 years early.

I mean you could be right and I guess we will find out soon enough.

Reading between the lines it sounds like the GOR is airtight. All I heard was a bunch of whining from each board member. But everyone seemed to admit there is nothing they can do about it.

The Big 12 law firm that drafted the original GOR contract should get some sort of industry award for butthurt creation.

If this were over $50m it would already be over. Multiply that by close to 10.
Yes… that’s FSU’s problem. They can’t leave the GoR and be hit with that kind of penalty. The point about Texas and OU was that if they had to pay that kind of money to leave just 1 year early, FSU is really ööööed…

If this were over $50m it would already be over. Multiply that by close to 10.
Yea but that's even more reason this is all postering and/or public whining with nothing real behind it. I think the only thing that they can really get out of this is negotiating a bigger piece of the ACC pie.

This is all bluster.
I am hearing they will tie the GOR crap up in court for the foreseeable future, and will probably force a settlement that is somewhat less. If this occurs, it helps GT and the other programs by giving them options

Maybe FSU is stirring the pot to see how many other schools will join in the mayhem.

1691010972326.png

Tin foil hat theory: FSU is making a stink in the ACC on purpose knowing they can't leave, hoping they get treated as the outcast of the conference by officials, etc., and will later try to leverage that into an exit.

ARE THEY GONE YET? The ACC needs to take a strong stance with FSU that they will pay every penny owed the conference per the contracts. The Big10 expansion talk may not be as easy as it sounds on paper. Adding those 4 may lower revenues for existing members and as a result has a strong chance of being rejected. The Big12 has a limit on how many they can add.

FSU may regret their stance. There is no proof that SEC or Big12 is dieing to have them.

So why would they go through all of this smoke if there wasn’t fire. If they were just bitching and are about to fall back in line, they are subjecting themselves to an even shorter end of the stick than Tobacco Road gives them now.​

Back