Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

This one hurts a little... not lying

That doesn’t hurt. It’s funny.
1691020284964.gif

So…the big fSU news was that fsu thinks they deserve more money because they were good a quarter century ago OR ELSE WE MIGHT CONSIDER LEAVING (we will for the moment ignore that no one else wants us). This was all the smoke?

The number one thing that the ACC can do to become relevant again is to stop fielding ööööty football teams and sucking it up in bowl season/no conference matchups. If we return to form, we are moving the cause in the right direction.
Then they better increase their fanbases, upgrade their sorry high school like facilities, and start recruiting better players. All three things are very unlikely

So…the big fSU news was that fsu thinks they deserve more money because they were good a quarter century ago OR ELSE WE MIGHTt co CONSIDER LEAVING (we will for the moment ignore that no one else wants us). This was all the smoke?

No they are saying that teams in the ACC can't compete with teams in the B1G and the SEC because they get so much more TV money than we do.

IMO, FSU is not Texas, Oklahoma, USC. Teams that every conference wanted. UCLA got lucky tagging along with USC. Is the SEC ready to take FSU on alone without concessions? I don't know but I have my doubts. Does the Big10 prefer Washington, Oregon, UNC and Virginia over FSU - I think quite possibly.

So while FSU can complain and moan about the payouts, the truth is they don't appear to have a firm plan if they do leave the ACC. They need some accomplisses to pull it off. Either Clemson or UNC and maybe Virginia need to join them. I think they know this and are trying to pull the old "Who is with me".

well done article attached
Good article. So the chain reaction could be:

ASU, Arizona, Utah --> Big 12
Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Cal --> Big Ten (would have 20 members)
Oregon State and Washington State left in the cold --> Mountain West (?)

Then it could get interesting. If the Big Ten is at 20 members does an arms race then breakout with the SEC to create two super conferences? With 8 members needing to defect to dissolve the ACC I would see the choice schools being:

Clemson, FSU, GT, Miami --> SEC? (gets to 20 members)
UNC, Duke, VT, UVA or NCST --> SEC?
ND, Pitt, BC, UVA --> Big Ten?

Then they better increase their fanbases, upgrade their sorry high school like facilities, and start recruiting better players. All three things are very unlikely
Who is the "they" that you are referencing? Who in the ACC has sorry high school like facilities? Aren't we witnessing Key upgrading our roster rapidly? I think a lot of our fans, and fans of ACC schools, have internalized the constant rhetoric coming out with things like "can a merger save the ACC and PAC12?" The ACC is pretty much cemented in place for a while by the GOR deal. Winning does cure all ills.

And they’re right. There may be an occasional flash in the pan, but long term every ACC school get buried.
This is totally correct. As illogical as it may seem, a win over Mississippi St holds more weight than one over NC St. That is perception, and it starts to become reality.

Who is the "they" that you are referencing? Who in the ACC has sorry high school like facilities? Aren't we witnessing Key upgrading our roster rapidly? I think a lot of our fans, and fans of ACC schools, have internalized the constant rhetoric coming out with things like "can a merger save the ACC and PAC12?" The ACC is pretty much cemented in place for a while by the GOR deal. Winning does cure all ills.
Have you ever been to the stadiums at BC, Duke and Wake? Syracuse has a glorified basketball arena for football. Pitt and Miami really don’t even have their own stadiums. I think Clemson and FSU have the only stadiums with over 70,000 capacity. Most of the schools can’t fill their stadiums. That is the “they”

Our stadium could use a major facelift.

The number one thing that the ACC can do to become relevant again is to stop fielding ööööty football teams and sucking it up in bowl season/no conference matchups. If we return to form, we are moving the cause in the right direction.
$40 million revenue gap per team, but all we need to do is return to form?
638D5A84-5D0D-404A-8B14-EBD9AEC92592.jpeg

Seems like a good time to drag out this old gem.

Blocked! Snuffed! Rubbed out!! Erased! ....you can't believe what just happened! What a time to be ALIVE!
THWFSU!

Somebody needs to edit this video to whatever BOT dipshit said they need to make a plan to exit the ACC, then seam it into this clip... And plaster it in comments all over their tweets.

Man, some of y’all have the thickest homer goggles on of all time especially with the short sightedness. None of this is about the current state of FSU. FSU, unlike just about every team in the ACC, is actually looking at the future. Sure, they’ve struggled for a decade because they allowed loyalty to a Hall of Fame coach to let him stay past his prime, but we did the same thing with Dodd who absolutely destroyed our program by leaving the SEC. FSU also made a poor hire in Taggert which cost them 4 years. FSU knows to get to the next level they have to play next level teams. Kirby built UGA by going head to head with Bama, LSU, etc not by playing 10 nobody ACC teams.

I wish the ACC was a top tier football conference but the ACC choose to bring in basketball schools and become the Dean and Coach K conference. And here we are. FSU came into the ACC and made everyone better by kicking our butt for a decade before they fell down to our level. But they are at least smart enough to know they aren’t going to become elite again by playing an ACC schedule. We have our ACC leadership over the past 30 years to thank for that. So everyone can point to them and laugh because they fell down to ACC levels but it wasn’t that long ago many of you were laughing at UGA for their 40 year drought. You aren’t laughing at them now. I am in full support of any team who decides to try and leave this inept conference. I can only hope Cabrera and JBatt are forward thinkers unlike Dodd and many of you.

Back