CG3 Shade Thrown at Tech Students

AlabamaBuzz

Dodd-Like
Don't confuse supporting the team with being a Collins fan. I support Brent Key now. If he succeeds, awesome. If he doesn't, there is no "can't believe you were fooled into hiring a first time HC BS"

Collins can DIAF as far as I'm concerned. When he was our HC, I wanted him to be successful. He seemed to only want to brand himself as some sort of Minister of Mayhem and not coach. It was just a train wreck.
I agree 100% with supporting the team. But, his personality, which I had seen throughout my engineering career, just screamed all talk, no substance, right from the beginning. But, I was hoping he would be an exception.

juraitwaluzka

Dodd-Like
I took it as coachspeak hyperbole.
That applies to everything he ever said, because in the end in his role as a coach that's all he really was. He is as close to having no substance as one could possibly get. But in his defense I guess he could throw a dope football practice rave maybe?

To really put it in perspective, imagine for a minute how overjoyed we would be if he was uga's coach, would make Ray Goff look like Saban/Lombardi love child (he kind of looks like that already).

wesgt123

Varsity Lurker
I don't know whether TStan is an idiot or not.

I have plenty of evidence to say he has very lousy judgment. Good judgment is probably one of the most important requirements for an AD. I hope Batt has it.
He, uhh, sure, ummm, sounded like an, uhhh, idiot. But who knows. He went to tech so he's not completely dumb. Maybe just public speaking dumb.

AmpuTECHture

Drain Lake Powell
Always heard that giff smith was primarily the guy that spearheaded the 2007 class. Not collins.
This is interesting to me to. I also thought that-untilthe clown was hired, then all of a sudden the narrative switched to Collins spearheading it. And it felt like everyone went along with it too.

juraitwaluzka

Dodd-Like
Narratives are like a trojan horse. They'll have people buying into anything, even a clown leading a revolution.

stinger78

Jacket by the grace of God.
This is interesting to me to. I also thought that-untilthe clown was hired, then all of a sudden the narrative switched to Collins spearheading it. And it felt like everyone went along with it too.
I did not, and never did. I remember sitting in the bleachers at Rose Bowl Field, as the 2007 recruiting class unfolded, talking with the guys about it and learning that TFG was *not* the RC, that Giff Smith was, but that the buzz outside the program was that TFG was. He was playing it off as his doing and Giff was annoyed about it. Certainly, TFG had his key input and fed into it, but it was not his doing. Then CCG was fired and CPJ came in and all the players were thinking about how they fit the new system. CGC left and went to Bama, and word began to trickle out that he was talking to some of Tech's players. I have no idea if that was true or not, but there was no small amount of smoke around it that finally dissipated. I forgot about TFG.

Next thing I know is he was at Miss State as DC and CPJ was utterly dismantling TFG's elite D, even though he had (opportunistically) jumped to UF by then. I get it, that's how coaches advance in the biz, so no problem. But then he jumped to Temple, then to GA Tech.... I was never a fan but was willing to give him a chance. He blew that his first season by tossing the team and CPJ under the bus after his ridiculous loss to the Citadel. I say "his" because that is exactly what it was. He failed to prepare the team to compete against a lower-level team that day and we lost. Then he doubled down and blamed Paul Johnson's system and the players he inherited from him. CPJ would very likely have beaten the Citadel black and blue with those players.

For my part, I was done at that point. The rest has been waiting for the sword to drop. I wish him the best, just never again at GA Tech, please.

juraitwaluzka

Dodd-Like
I did not, and never did. I remember sitting in the bleachers at Rose Bowl Field, as the 2007 recruiting class unfolded, talking with the guys about it and learning that TFG was *not* the RC, that Giff Smith was, but that the buzz outside the program was that TFG was. He was playing it off as his doing and Giff was annoyed about it. Certainly, TFG had his key input and fed into it, but it was not his doing. Then CCG was fired and CPJ came in and all the players were thinking about how they fit the new system. CGC left and went to Bama, and word began to trickle out that he was talking to some of Tech's players. I have no idea if that was true or not, but there was no small amount of smoke around it that finally dissipated. I forgot about TFG.

Next thing I know is he was at Miss State as DC and CPJ was utterly dismantling TFG's elite D, even though he had (opportunistically) jumped to UF by then. I get it, that's how coaches advance in the biz, so no problem. But then he jumped to Temple, then to GA Tech.... I was never a fan but was willing to give him a chance. He blew that his first season by tossing the team and CPJ under the bus after his ridiculous loss to the Citadel. I say "his" because that is exactly what it was. He failed to prepare the team to compete against a lower-level team that day and we lost. Then he doubled down and blamed Paul Johnson's system and the players he inherited from him. CPJ would very likely have beaten the Citadel black and blue with those players.

For my part, I was done at that point. The rest has been waiting for the sword to drop. I wish him the best, just never again at GA Tech, please.
You had me up until wishing him the best. I don't wish him any ill will, but I sure as hell don't wish him the best, I hope he gets what he earns and deserves, wherever those chips may fall.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member

I agree but also not with the wishing him the best. I hope that idiot falls into an open manhole.

goldeagle

Dodd-Like
Don't know if this article should go in this thread or not, but I don't see any other appropriate one, and I didn't want to create a new one ---

Jahmyr Gibbs: Georgia Tech helped ‘make me who I am today’
Alabama running back Jahmyr Gibbs speaks during a news conference at the NFL football scouting combine, Saturday, March 4, 2023, in Indianapolis. (AP Photo Erin Hooley)

Caption
Credit: AP

GEORGIA TECH
By Gabriel Burns, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
1 hour ago

INDIANAPOLIS — Georgia Tech always will be an integral part of Jahmyr Gibbs’ ascension.

Gibbs, a speedy running back from Dalton, was considered somewhat of a hidden gem at Tech before transferring to Alabama for his junior season. His two seasons at Tech came during the lackluster Geoff Collins era, and his production – 1,206 rushing yards and 768 receiving yards in 19 games – went largely unnoticed as the team struggled.
Buzz began building for Gibbs almost immediately after he announced he was heading to Alabama. He met expectations, rushing for 926 yards and adding another 444 yards on 44 catches. He entered the NFL draft and is expected to be selected in the first two rounds.

During his NFL combine availability Saturday, Gibbs spoke fondly of Tech, especially regarding former running backs coach Tashard Choice, who Gibbs said, “made me who I am today.” A Tech alum, Choice currently coaches running backs at Texas.

Speaking generally on Tech, Gibbs said: “They made me who I am today, too. Without them, I don’t think I’d be the same player. Overcoming all the adversity we had to overcome there and putting in all the hard work to put me where I am today.”

Gibbs and the other running backs will complete on-field drills Sunday at Lucas Oil Stadium. Throughout the week, Gibbs has been meeting with NFL teams, including the Falcons. He’s expected to impress in the 40-yard dash, which should aid his case for being a late first-round pick. Hall of Fame running back LaDainian Tomlinson recently said on NFL Network he thought Gibbs would be a combine standout.
Gibbs is a class act,hope he does well on Sundays!

goldeagle

Dodd-Like
Classic disinformation tactic; tell a lie often enough, then people will eventually believe you can pick up a turd by the clean end. No one ever braced Collins and called his bluff a lie!

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
Worst GT Football Coach in School History.

That's how he'll be known and rememberd. No amount of tweeting can or will change that.
GC3 would already be a lot louder on Twitter blaming CPJ, the Institute, the turf, the weather, and you and me if Key hadn't gone 4-4 with two ranked road wins. He's been largely silent though and may disappear from football altogether.

Thank heavens Key did what he did. He basically took over a nosediving plane after we ejected the pilot, and he pulled up before we ended up at the bottom of the Atlantic. For that reason alone, no one cares what the old pilot has to say about it. GC3 negatively recruiting against us in GA can only help us.