CG3 Shade Thrown at Tech Students

Have heard from some people who was around that lewis had a Problem with The QB race war

It was more of his doing by selecting Luginbill over Davis when it was pretty clear who the better QB was. Team revolted after that (amongst other things).

Difference is that Goof Collins is showing himself to be quite petty and vindictive. Especially puzzling when he was given such a contract that can setup multiple generations if he is even remotely smart with the money.

It was more of his doing by selecting Luginbill over Davis when it was pretty clear who the better QB was. Team revolted after that (amongst other things).

Difference is that Goof Collins is showing himself to be quite petty and vindictive. Especially puzzling when he was given such a contract that can setup multiple generations if he is even remotely smart with the money.
I'd bet he even checks this board.

If so, what did you expect, douchebag? You were obviously way in over your head and inept.

Well, it certainly wasn't CPJ's fault the locker room and players' area were a disgrace. TStan should have done something about it immediately
He did do something about it - Tech unveiled the new locker room right before the 18 season. Players have plug ins for all their devices in their lockers, little touches like that.

View attachment 68518
Adobe_20230228_113112.jpg

He will wind up bankrupt, living in a rusted single-wide in Newton County. He's like those lotto winners.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

He will wind up bankrupt, living in a rusted single-wide in Newton County. He's like those lotto winners.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback
Yep, instead of humblizing himself and getting a DC job somewhere, he's gonna go asshole mode and make himself toxic to everyone.

BTW, for those that don't know, Chan invented to word "humblize" to apply to Reggie Ball. "Humblize himself"

Yep, instead of humblizing himself and getting a DC job somewhere, he's gonna go asshole mode and make himself toxic to everyone.

BTW, for those that don't know, Chan invented to word "humblize" to apply to Reggie Ball. "Humblize himself"

Tattnall Square Academy in Macon wouldn't hire him as a DC.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

I didn't see it mentioned but I remember rumors of Collins having contact with some of our players after he left in '06 trying to get them to transfer. That obviously being before the portal, it would have been against NCAA rules for tampering. The rumors were that he was trying to get us back for not elevating him from recruiting coordinator to a coach position. I'm not sure if anyone else remembers that, but this seems like the second time its been sour grapes from a pathetic individual leaving our program. I wished we had learned that lesson the first time.

I didn't see it mentioned but I remember rumors of Collins having contact with some of our players after he left in '06 trying to get them to transfer. That obviously being before the portal, it would have been against NCAA rules for tampering. The rumors were that he was trying to get us back for not elevating him from recruiting coordinator to a coach position. I'm not sure if anyone else remembers that, but this seems like the second time its been sour grapes from a pathetic individual leaving our program. I wished we had learned that lesson the first time.
This is correct. Collin Peek ended up transferring to Bama. He was not recruiting coordinator, though, that was Giff Smith. TFG was director of player personnel, an off-field job, not an on-field coach. His job interfaced with the RC.

Don't know if this article should go in this thread or not, but I don't see any other appropriate one, and I didn't want to create a new one ---

Jahmyr Gibbs: Georgia Tech helped ‘make me who I am today’
Alabama running back Jahmyr Gibbs speaks during a news conference at the NFL football scouting combine, Saturday, March 4, 2023, in Indianapolis. (AP Photo Erin Hooley)

Caption
Credit: AP

GEORGIA TECH
By Gabriel Burns, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
1 hour ago

INDIANAPOLIS — Georgia Tech always will be an integral part of Jahmyr Gibbs’ ascension.

Gibbs, a speedy running back from Dalton, was considered somewhat of a hidden gem at Tech before transferring to Alabama for his junior season. His two seasons at Tech came during the lackluster Geoff Collins era, and his production – 1,206 rushing yards and 768 receiving yards in 19 games – went largely unnoticed as the team struggled.
Buzz began building for Gibbs almost immediately after he announced he was heading to Alabama. He met expectations, rushing for 926 yards and adding another 444 yards on 44 catches. He entered the NFL draft and is expected to be selected in the first two rounds.

During his NFL combine availability Saturday, Gibbs spoke fondly of Tech, especially regarding former running backs coach Tashard Choice, who Gibbs said, “made me who I am today.” A Tech alum, Choice currently coaches running backs at Texas.

Speaking generally on Tech, Gibbs said: “They made me who I am today, too. Without them, I don’t think I’d be the same player. Overcoming all the adversity we had to overcome there and putting in all the hard work to put me where I am today.”

Gibbs and the other running backs will complete on-field drills Sunday at Lucas Oil Stadium. Throughout the week, Gibbs has been meeting with NFL teams, including the Falcons. He’s expected to impress in the 40-yard dash, which should aid his case for being a late first-round pick. Hall of Fame running back LaDainian Tomlinson recently said on NFL Network he thought Gibbs would be a combine standout.

This is correct. Collin Peek ended up transferring to Bama. He was not recruiting coordinator, though, that was Giff Smith. TFG was director of player personnel, an off-field job, not an on-field coach. His job interfaced with the RC.
Right. He was an integral part of that class, and, at the signing festivities (donuts, coffee, and listening to coaches speak and each player as they signed), he was individually recognized for his role. I thought he was smug and arrogant then. I remember him trying to get some of those guys after he wasn't promoted.
When he was hired as HC, I thought about that and didn't like the hire, but I thought he would be reeling in top 15 classes and be competitive. It didn't take much of his hype and shenanigans before I was disheartened. Still, I didn't see him taking us to the depths he did.

Don't know if this article should go in this thread or not, but I don't see any other appropriate one, and I didn't want to create a new one ---

Jahmyr Gibbs: Georgia Tech helped ‘make me who I am today’
Alabama running back Jahmyr Gibbs speaks during a news conference at the NFL football scouting combine, Saturday, March 4, 2023, in Indianapolis. (AP Photo Erin Hooley)

Caption
Credit: AP

GEORGIA TECH
By Gabriel Burns, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
1 hour ago

INDIANAPOLIS — Georgia Tech always will be an integral part of Jahmyr Gibbs’ ascension.

Gibbs, a speedy running back from Dalton, was considered somewhat of a hidden gem at Tech before transferring to Alabama for his junior season. His two seasons at Tech came during the lackluster Geoff Collins era, and his production – 1,206 rushing yards and 768 receiving yards in 19 games – went largely unnoticed as the team struggled.
Buzz began building for Gibbs almost immediately after he announced he was heading to Alabama. He met expectations, rushing for 926 yards and adding another 444 yards on 44 catches. He entered the NFL draft and is expected to be selected in the first two rounds.

During his NFL combine availability Saturday, Gibbs spoke fondly of Tech, especially regarding former running backs coach Tashard Choice, who Gibbs said, “made me who I am today.” A Tech alum, Choice currently coaches running backs at Texas.

Speaking generally on Tech, Gibbs said: “They made me who I am today, too. Without them, I don’t think I’d be the same player. Overcoming all the adversity we had to overcome there and putting in all the hard work to put me where I am today.”

Gibbs and the other running backs will complete on-field drills Sunday at Lucas Oil Stadium. Throughout the week, Gibbs has been meeting with NFL teams, including the Falcons. He’s expected to impress in the 40-yard dash, which should aid his case for being a late first-round pick. Hall of Fame running back LaDainian Tomlinson recently said on NFL Network he thought Gibbs would be a combine standout.
A good reporter asks him to go into details, such as what was the adversity? Was it more than losing games? What advice did Choice give when he was your coach that has stuck with you?
But, journalism is dead, so ....

Right. He was an integral part of that class, and, at the signing festivities (donuts, coffee, and listening to coaches speak and each player as they signed), he was individually recognized for his role. I thought he was smug and arrogant then. I remember him trying to get some of those guys after he wasn't promoted.
When he was hired as HC, I thought about that and didn't like the hire, but I thought he would be reeling in top 15 classes and be competitive. It didn't take much of his hype and shenanigans before I was disheartened. Still, I didn't see him taking us to the depths he did.
Here’s from Giff Smith’s Chargers bio:
“After Tulane, he served as the defensive line coach at Georgia Tech for six seasons (2004-09), adding recruiting coordinator duties in 2006.”

Here’s TFG’s wiki page:

2002–2005Western Carolina (DC)
2006Georgia Tech (RC)
2007Alabama (DPP)

“Collins returned to his alma mater to become Western Carolina's defensive coordinator from 2002 through 2005 before returning to Georgia Tech in 2006 as the Director of Player Personnel.”
Some erroneous info on that page (no surprise on wiki). Where did that come from?

Here’s from Giff Smith’s Chargers bio:
“After Tulane, he served as the defensive line coach at Georgia Tech for six seasons (2004-09), adding recruiting coordinator duties in 2006.”

Here’s TFG’s wiki page:

2002–2005Western Carolina (DC)
2006Georgia Tech (RC)
2007Alabama (DPP)

“Collins returned to his alma mater to become Western Carolina's defensive coordinator from 2002 through 2005 before returning to Georgia Tech in 2006 as the Director of Player Personnel.”
Some erroneous info on that page (no surprise on wiki). Where did that come from?

:facepalm:

Including Jahmyr Gibbs - so at least I had some pretty good company. I mean, if you knew it right off the Batt, then I'm impressed. Seriously. I missed it. Until the Citadel game, at least. That's when I knew.

All I can say is I had seen this personality before in my career, and almost 100% of the time it was all talk, no substance. I was hoping that maybe he would be the exception, but I never had faith in that hope because of my work experience.

Also, I don’t think Jahmyr was tricked by clown. He liked and respected his RB coach Choice who did most of the heavy recruiting.

Back