Championship Saturday Thread

This game was an example of why ND doesn’t want to play in a conference. If they don’t play this game they are likely in playoffs for sure.
If they don't play in the ACC this year, the likely don't have the schedule to get in. I don't think the Big 10 or Pac 12 would have scheduled them at all.

Word on the street is the ACC knew this was inevitable. So on Thursday, December 10th, a phone call was made from Greensboro to South Bend and one said to the other, "watch this game tonight" and the team wearing gold helmets and blue jerseys and gold pants was shown favoritism so blatant and brazen, that it would be impossible for the officials to get away with it. But then nothing happened to those officials, and nobody outside of the losing team paid any attention.

Will delete in one hour (two if your mom gets carried away again)

If they don't play in the ACC this year, the likely don't have the schedule to get in. I don't think the Big 10 or Pac 12 would have scheduled them at all.

Of course, but in a general sense--outside of pandemic years--I think he has a point. ND usually gets applauded for playing a "tough" schedule, when in reality all that really means is that they don't play FCS cupcakes. It's not that unusual for them to play 0-1 games against top 10 teams, while they get to beat up on the second tier teams from p5 conferences.

You put them in a conference and they're still very good, but would have a difficult time making the playoff. Maybe comparable to a team like Penn State (excluding this year). That's not even factoring in that joining a conference eliminates the last thing making them unique, which is their independent status and accompanying NBC deal.

Of course, but in a general sense--outside of pandemic years--I think he has a point. ND usually gets applauded for playing a "tough" schedule, when in reality all that really means is that they don't play FCS cupcakes. It's not that unusual for them to play 0-1 games against top 10 teams, while they get to beat up on the second tier teams from p5 conferences.

You put them in a conference and they're still very good, but would have a difficult time making the playoff. Maybe comparable to a team like Penn State (excluding this year). That's not even factoring in that joining a conference eliminates the last thing making them unique, which is their independent status and accompanying NBC deal.
I agree.... its time for them to join a conference or get left out. You can't keep getting fat on the service academies and only playing 2 real tough games a year on average.

Reactions: eg1
Announcer causing a Bammer missed field goal on the next attempt.

And the appropriate Dr. Pepper ad immediately following.

Was it the NC State or the Pitt game that we fumbled trying to lateral after an INT?

Back