Chip Long Interview

LOL You replied so you obviously do.
notreallyno.gif

You're just pissy because you don't get to play with Paul's Johnson any more.
I’m pissy about Tech being ok with 3-9 x3 (hint that’s not actually a math problem it’s a crap coach problem and a Tech complete football apathy problem from the top down)

I’m pissy about Tech being ok with 3-9 x3 (hint that’s not actually a math problem it’s a crap coach problem and a Tech complete football apathy problem from the top down)
Nobody's happy with 3-9. But we are in the boat we're in due to CPJ's horrid recruiting and having to restock the talent cupboards.
We'll find out this next year if Collins can win now that he has a new OC and has some talent. If he doesn't, he'll be gone.

Nobody's happy with 3-9. But we are in the boat we're in due to CPJ's horrid recruiting and having to restock the talent cupboards.
We'll find out this next year if Collins can win now that he has a new OC and has some talent. If he doesn't, he'll be gone.
If you can’t see what a failure Collins is by now you are beyond dumb and blind.

If you can’t see what a failure Collins is by now you are beyond dumb and blind.
Wins and losses, sure. But he's done a heck of a job recruiting and if you can't see that, then you need to take Paul's Johnson out of your mouth.

When/if he is fired, at least the next guy will have some talent to work with. Johnson left this program in a sorry state from a talent perspective. He was awesome at doing more with less....unfortunately, he left us with "less".

I'll absolutely stipulate to that. Having a $200m debt albatross hanging around our necks is one major factor. Another one is that there aren't as many GT alums as dwags.....and, of those, a fair proportion of Tech alums are from somewhere other than the southern US. So when they graduate and leave the area or country, they're much less likely to attend games and, accordingly, donate to the athletic department.

People can make fun of it all they want but Clemson's IPTAY was one of the more brilliant marketing moves in the history of college football. Everyone can afford $10 per year and nobody's going to complain about it. And they make a big deal about it when you graduate and joining the IPTAY program. Those tens of dollars add up, but more importantly, once people are used to paying $10 per year, it's not a hard sale to imagine many of them will double it...or go to $100 per year, etc. Still not a large donation but when everyone's doing it, it adds up. I think Tech needs to start some similar kind of program and make it a point of pride and get everyone involved instead of just the mega-donors.

Wins and losses, sure. But he's done a heck of a job recruiting and if you can't see that, then you need to take Paul's Johnson out of your mouth.

When/if he is fired, at least the next guy will have some talent to work with. Johnson left this program in a sorry state from a talent perspective. He was awesome at doing more with less....unfortunately, he left us with "less".

How many 4* have transferred out under cgc? At what point can we conclude that the recruiting bump /roster flip seems to have failed?

Tstan left us with less and you drank the juice. Now you can’t admit it was a horrible error and you can’t quit thinking about johnsons. That latter issue is likely a permanent one for you…hey you do you.

Tstan left us with less and you drank the juice. Now you can’t admit it was a horrible error and you can’t quit thinking about johnsons. That latter issue is likely a permanent one for you…hey you do you.
Yeah, you don't like hearing it but the truth is the truth. Collins may not be winning worth a damn but he's recruiting well. Like I said, if/when he leaves GT, at least the next guy will inherit some talent. Collins didn't.

Sorry that hurts your feelings but to quote your guy, "It is what it is".

Yeah, you don't like hearing it but the truth is the truth. Collins may not be winning worth a damn but he's recruiting well. Like I said, if/when he leaves GT, at least the next guy will inherit some talent. Collins didn't.

Yes IIWII only 3 wins a year for 3 years. Even Bill Lewis wasn’t that inept. You might not like to hear it but your beloved is losing at a never before seen, beyond amazingly bad, historic level. And you love it. Smdh

Yes IIWII only 3 wins a year for 3 years. Even Bill Lewis wasn’t that inept. You might not like to hear it but your beloved is losing at a never before seen, beyond amazingly bad, historic level. And you love it. Smdh
Allow me to sum up your statements in 4 words/images or less.

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Recruiting well for other schools to poach our best players. 4 stars don’t look good on 3 win teams and if you think they’ll stick around after Collins is gone then I don’t know what to tell you.

Back