Coach Brent Key

Our let him go.

You know how when someone gets exposed to lethal dose of radiation? And at first they feel fine. They take some medicine but the doctor says they’re gonna die in a week. That’s what happened when we let Collins stay, it was a lethal dose of radiation. Now we’re decaying and this is only day 2 of radiation sickness

Admittedly the amount I know about football would barely fill a shot glass but this is the second year in a row that an SEC school has been tripping over their dicks to hire Key. If he sucked that wouldn’t happen…
If you posit CBK being a good OL coach from this then it implies that he's not the problem with the OL and the hate boners will get turned towards you instead

Admittedly the amount I know about football would barely fill a shot glass but this is the second year in a row that an SEC school has been tripping over their dicks to hire Key. If he sucked that wouldn’t happen…
Im sure he's an average O line coach. Alabama sure didn't miss a beat without him. 5 star players make average coaches look great.

Everything starts anew at the end of next year anyway.

Why waste another year? Brutal. I get the buyout issue, but ticket sales will be tough. Recruiting will be really hard as well with the perception of a lame duck coach.

We were #100 in the country in sacks allowed. That was our best performing unit on offense or defense.

Fun fact: if our defense performed equivalent to the #100 defense, we would have given up 42 fewer points and on average would have won 6 games. That’s how horrible our defense was. And we didn’t fire the DC.

Let Long build his own staff. Would be weird to bring him on a 2 year deal and not let him bring in guys that know his system and style

You know how when someone gets exposed to lethal dose of radiation? And at first they feel fine. They take some medicine but the doctor says they’re gonna die in a week. That’s what happened when we let Collins stay, it was a lethal dose of radiation. Now we’re decaying and this is only day 2 of radiation sickness
So fatalistic

Maybe Key doesn’t suck. If that’s the case, then our players do.

Or our plays were predictable and easily diagnosed. Part of a functional offense is surprise (assuming you don’t have overwhelming superiority).

I don't have any reason to think he's good. 3 3-win seasons. Underperforming offense. 0 points versus Notre Dame and Georgia.

If none of that is attributable to the OL coach then maybe the OL coach doesn't matter that much.

If he leaves for more money, good for him. If he stays to finish the job he and C***** claimed they would do, good on him.

The Gator Nation down here is going crazy with the possible hire of CBK as their new offensive line coach. From what I am hearing the rumor has proverbial legs. Napier is wanting him in the worst way and the school and big donors are willing to put out a lot of money to get him. Napier has been given huge dollars to hire his staff. The thought is that if they get him there is a chance they sign Gibbs and get the LB we lost today.

Don‘t know how much of it is true, but it has Gainesville buzzing for sure.
What's your opinion? Stay or go?

The Gator Nation down here is going crazy with the possible hire of CBK as their new offensive line coach. From what I am hearing the rumor has proverbial legs. Napier is wanting him in the worst way and the school and big donors are willing to put out a lot of money to get him. Napier has been given huge dollars to hire his staff. The thought is that if they get him there is a chance they sign Gibbs and get the LB we lost today.

Don‘t know how much of it is true, but it has Gainesville buzzing for sure.

:crazy: Why would Gibbs follow Key to UF when it appears Gibbs is fleeing GT because he doesn't want to play behind the OL CBK built? What does Key (or Gibbs) have to do with a LB's destination?

Meh. He's probably not as bad our o-line play over the last few years would indicate, but it's also pretty clear he's not some sort of OL genius. He's the
Steve Sarkisian of OL coaches: put him in a place with a boatload of talent and he will get good results.

And SEC schools routinely hire Muschamp and Grantham, despite neither being good enough to stay in one place for very long.

I wasn't expecting to think about Barefoot Gen today but now I am

:crazy: Why would Gibbs follow Key to UF when it appears Gibbs is fleeing GT because he doesn't want to play behind the OL CBK built? What does Key (or Gibbs) have to do with a LB's destination?

Yeah, I questioned that logic as well. I don't think having any coaches from our staff (other than TC) would be a selling point.

Back