Coach Brent Key

You guys have no clue who is doing what for our program. I’d hate to see a Tech man leave and I doubt Key has been the problem.

I mean I'm not saying I want it to happen, but outside of recruiting, the best defense he has going for him is pretty much that maybe he's not one of the leading causes for us sucking. Even if he's not the problem, he sure as hell hasn't been the solution up to this point.

:crazy: Why would Gibbs follow Key to UF when it appears Gibbs is fleeing GT because he doesn't want to play behind the OL CBK built? What does Key (or Gibbs) have to do with a LB's destination?
Key hasn't built an OL yet. He's building one. OL takes 4 years to build, with enough depth to have an actual two-deep roster. Key has had 2 recruiting classes.

TC? The guy who is losing all his players? That's your selling point?

So you think Gibbs would rather play for Key than TC? If not, I'm not sure what you're griping about. TC is the one coach Gibbs actually thanked in his farewell post. Do you really think we're losing running backs because of Choice?

We'll probably get another Temple coach if Key leaves. However, say we fall flat on our faces again next season, could Key be named HC?

So you think Gibbs would rather play for Key than TC? If not, I'm not sure what you're griping about. TC is the one coach Gibbs actually thanked in his farewell post. Do you really think we're losing running backs because of Choice?
I'm not griping. I like TC as much as the next guy, but he sure seems to be having a problem retaining his players.

But y'all keep on with the hero worship.

Key hasn't built an OL yet. He's building one. OL takes 4 years to build, with enough depth to have an actual two-deep roster. Key has had 2 recruiting classes.
This is utter bullshit. The average tenure of an FBS coach is 3.8 years. It doesn’t take longer than that to get a functioning offensive line. His recruits can’t beat out a guy who was brought in for his GPA and to be a warm body on the scout team.

Brent Key keeps getting job offers because he’s a world-class narcissist that fools people into thinking he knows more than he does. He’s a ööööing loser who literally had the worst offense in FBS football in the 21st century while at UCF and one of the worst offensive lines this decade while at Tech.

The fact we may not have to pay to get Key to go away is one of the best things I’ve heard on here in 2 months, unfortunately I’d prefer to go back to the days when the Gators curb stomp the mutt every season. Key would delay their recovery, but at least we’d be rid of him.

This is utter bullshit. The average tenure of an FBS coach is 3.8 years. It doesn’t take longer than that to get a functioning offensive line. His recruits can’t beat out a guy who was brought in for his GPA and to be a warm body on the scout team.

Brent Key keeps getting job offers because he’s a world-class narcissist that fools people into thinking he knows more than he does. He’s a ööööing loser who literally had the worst offense in FBS football in the 21st century while at UCF and one of the worst offensive lines this decade while at Tech.
Then maybe we'd be better off with more flopping fish. Your choice.

You think the problem with the OL this year was the 2 deep?! :faint:

I'm not griping. I like TC as much as the next guy, but he sure seems to be having a problem retaining his players.

But y'all keep on with the hero worship.

I'm not worshipping him. I don't want him calling plays or in any role other than RB coach. I'd say the hero worship comes from people who want to promote Key to OC (or even HC) or give him yet another raise to keep him, despite our OL being hot garbage for three straight years.

I'd expect the OL to improve with more talent, but a lot of our problems on OL appear to be guys constantly confused as to their assignments, and that has to fall at least partly on the OL coach.

And I'm not sure Mason entering the draft and Gibbs likely transferring to a powerhouse fall on the feet of TC.

Hard to disagree...

Y'all know all of this is internet talk. Looking at one of the UF boards, it looks like they have a different OL coach in mind. Maybe Rob Sale.

Football is
Admittedly the amount I know about football would barely fill a shot glass but this is the second year in a row that an SEC school has been tripping over their dicks to hire Key. If he sucked that wouldn’t happen…
Football is like every other business in one way - it's more who you know than what you know. I think Key is well connected and probably has a story to cover up for his current situation. I don't think it effects greatly one way or another if he stays or if he goes. It was disappointing that in year three we didn't have very much push. If you can't open holes against Duke something is wrong. 2 of the 5 had significant starts at SEC schools so he did have something to work with.

Back