Coach Brent Key

They barely broke even. The last time they ow ex the trenches was what Shaq Mason was there.
Why would you öööö on this win? “Barely broke even”? What the öööö does that even mean? We came from two touchdowns behind in the 4th quarter to beat our rival and you’re going to harp on the fact that we only averaged 5.4 yards per rush rather than the 5.7 yards per rush that we had in our 2014 win? Get the öööö out of here with than nonsense

Why would you öööö on this win? “Barely broke even”? What the öööö does that even mean? We came from two touchdowns behind in the 4th quarter to beat our rival and you’re going to harp on the fact that we only averaged 5.4 yards per rush rather than the 5.7 yards per rush that we had in our 2014 win? Get the öööö out of here with than nonsense
I was as down on Sewak and his line as anyone, but this.

This is the most “big cry” post in stingtalk history.

Or look at the UGA game in 2017. Or the one when’re they suplexed our running back and our floppy fish did nothing to make them pay for it.
Except…it has gotten worse each year, not better. Next you will use the same excuse for Thacker. smh

The program is in awful condition and somehow still trending down. Who’d have thought that after back to back to back 3-9? Smh

I had a thread where I listed all of our OL returning with any PT. It's not even a two deep. How CPJ left such an empty cupboard on the line is shocking. It's not even scheme fit, there just weren't any bodies there. Thank God for the transfers otherwise our record would be even worse. If I were on the staff, I'd plan on bringing in 5 OL transfers before spring practice.
He left Lee, Cooper, Quinney, Braun (who left before spring practice), and Connor Hansen. That's more than 85 career combined starts and a line that averaged 6-3, 291.
There were only two seniors on the OL two deep for PJ's last game at the Quick Lane Bowl, Andrew Marshall and Will Bryan.

The 18 class had three OL signees - two of them didn't stay after the coaching change.
The 19 class commit class had two OL prospects. Neither was kept by the incoming staff (though they were each listed at 6-4, 275). One of those guys is now in the transfer portal. So that's five potential OL bodies the previous staff had lined up that did not stick with the current staff.

Last edited:
Except…it has gotten worse each year, not better. Next you will use the same excuse for Thacker. smh

The program is in awful condition and somehow still trending down. Who’d have thought that after back to back to back 3-9? Smh
This year's game where we basically conceded from the first whistle and started running the clock down was eerily similar to the result in 2017. UG had 8 more yards this year compared to then. In 2017 we had one scoring drive which basically covered the difference in our yardage between the two games give or take 15 yards. That's with a roster tailored for the coach's offense and a much better "OC". I had already seen parallels just from the gameplan and final score but the fact that a quitter team so closely matched the output of the superior coach's team from four years earlier wasn't the conclusion I expected to draw.

This year's game where we basically conceded from the first whistle and started running the clock down was eerily similar to the result in 2017. UG had 8 more yards this year compared to then. In 2017 we had one scoring drive which basically covered the difference in our yardage between the two games give or take 15 yards. That's with a roster tailored for the coach's offense and a much better "OC". I had already seen parallels just from the gameplan and final score but the fact that a quitter team so closely matched the output of the superior coach's team from four years earlier wasn't the conclusion I expected to draw.

I’d say the difference in 2017 and 2021 was that the game wasn’t conceded before kickoff. While 2017 was bad, we were still in the game at the half with a history of second half comebacks. It didn’t happen and we got rolled the whole game.

I’d say the difference in 2017 and 2021 was that the game wasn’t conceded before kickoff. While 2017 was bad, we were still in the game at the half with a history of second half comebacks. It didn’t happen and we got rolled the whole game.
Clown coach?

Do you understand how an offensive line works? You realize Key can only do so much. I'm not on his sack, but it doesn't take a braniac in aerospace engineering to see it. You can't plug OL in just because they Grad Transfers. OL's are a cohesive unit. They play work and grow together. Plug and Play doesn't work well....and you can't coach. Every OL got better with Johnson and controlled the LOS when they were upper classmen. I may be wrong, but if someone knows the actual stats....I'm betting every 10 win season (excluding his 1st) under CPJ had predominantly Srs or well played Jrs .....not this plug him here ...this guy played 3 at vandy so he can prob block here....oh and this guy had a neat fumbleroosky over at Abilene Seminary and Technical Institute. Yeah...this will congeal nicely. What a unit

Do you understand how an offensive line works? You realize Key can only do so much. I'm not on his sack, but it doesn't take a braniac in aerospace engineering to see it. You can't plug OL in just because they Grad Transfers. OL's are a cohesive unit. They play work and grow together. Plug and Play doesn't work well....and you can't coach. Every OL got better with Johnson and controlled the LOS when they were upper classmen. I may be wrong, but if someone knows the actual stats....I'm betting every 10 win season (excluding his 1st) under CPJ had predominantly Srs or well played Jrs .....not this plug him here ...this guy played 3 at vandy so he can prob block here....oh and this guy had a neat fumbleroosky over at Abilene Seminary and Technical Institute. Yeah...this will congeal nicely. What a unit
I agree, it takes time. Time has basically ran out though and this is what we are working with next year (subtract Cochran, Johnson, Cooper and Camp, at least)
1639486561302.png

O
I agree, it takes time. Time has basically ran out though and this is what we are working with next year (subtract Cochran, Johnson, Cooper and Camp, at least)
1639486561302.png
Oh I completely agree....but some blowhards on here don't get it. "but they're biggg and have SR next too their name".... Time is up for sure. Unfortunately we're going to lose a damn good OL coach because we've have two dipsticks basically in charge of our Athletic Future. If people think we're ok and it's the process. Tell me what the ocean looks like on your deck in Utah!!!

At least SMU dominated by cheating before their program imploded

He left Lee, Cooper, Quinney, Braun (who left before spring practice), and Connor Hansen. That's more than 85 career combined starts and a line that averaged 6-3, 291.
There were only two seniors on the OL two deep for PJ's last game at the Quick Lane Bowl, Andrew Marshall and Will Bryan.

The 18 class had three OL signees - two of them didn't stay after the coaching change.
The 19 class commit class had two OL prospects. Neither was kept by the incoming staff (though they were each listed at 6-4, 275). One of those guys is now in the transfer portal. So that's five potential OL bodies the previous staff had lined up that did not stick with the current staff.
Just don’t. It’s not worth it. They’re idiots.

We lost to the Citadel and only won 3 games in 2019 so not sure what big impact these guys had?

I want coaches that other programs want. Despite our fan's bitching about everything related to GT football at present... clearly someone thinks he's a good coach. We'll see what happens. I'd personally like for him to stay and deliver on the commitments he made when hired.
It can't be the case. If Tech does not want them, they must not be any good. Although history proves otherwise.

"Facts are stubborn things."

Brent Key finally has his "OL" Guys... Time to coach the boys up, time to see progress!

Projected Starting OL 2022
C: RJ Adams ( Kentucky)
G: Pierce Quick (Alabama)
G: Paul Tchio (Clemson)
T: Jordan Williams
T: Corey Robinson ( Kansas)

Back