Coach Brent Key

I want coaches that other programs want. Despite our fan's bitching about everything related to GT football at present... clearly someone thinks he's a good coach. We'll see what happens. I'd personally like for him to stay and deliver on the commitments he made when hired.
I assume Key committed to coach an adequate OL. If so, he failed miserably in delivering on that commitment.

I want coaches that other programs want. Despite our fan's bitching about everything related to GT football at present... clearly someone thinks he's a good coach. We'll see what happens. I'd personally like for him to stay and deliver on the commitments he made when hired.

Yeah, guys getting paid millions to assemble a staff respect the guy enough to coach the most important unit on the team.

While the OL has performed poorly I'm not sure loosing BK would be the panacea we're hoping for. What competent coach in the right mind is going to replace him for a reasonable amount of money knowing it's a one year gig. I would prefer stick it out with Key and cut bait at the end of next season assuming we have the season I anticipate.

Y'all know all of this is internet talk. Looking at one of the UF boards, it looks like they have a different OL coach in mind. Maybe Rob Sale.
Image - Michael-Scott-no-god-please-no.gif | Walking Dead ...

The Gator Nation down here is going crazy with the possible hire of CBK as their new offensive line coach. From what I am hearing the rumor has proverbial legs. Napier is wanting him in the worst way and the school and big donors are willing to put out a lot of money to get him. Napier has been given huge dollars to hire his staff. The thought is that if they get him there is a chance they sign Gibbs and get the LB we lost today.

Don‘t know how much of it is true, but it has Gainesville buzzing for sure.
You can have him.
Rewatch this year‘s Georgia vs. Georgia Tech game and see what you have to look forward to.

My concern is the possibility of our best young offensive linemen along with the transfers that are supposed to join us from Alabama and Clemson leaving with him just as they are ready to contribute.

He was hired to recruit and coach an OL. He’s only had two recruiting classes. It takes more than that to replace the fish we had before.
I had a thread where I listed all of our OL returning with any PT. It's not even a two deep. How CPJ left such an empty cupboard on the line is shocking. It's not even scheme fit, there just weren't any bodies there. Thank God for the transfers otherwise our record would be even worse. If I were on the staff, I'd plan on bringing in 5 OL transfers before spring practice.

What's your opinion? Stay or go?

Thomson, I think GT will benefit if he stays. He is a proven recruiter which I think will help us over the next few years provided there is not a change. The thing that frustrates me, as a former high school offensive line coach, is that I did not see any progress this year from week 1 to week 13. The transfers did not help us at all in my opinion. I would have preferred going with the younger kids personally and build for the future. From going back and rewatching games, we have some young kids who could be very good linemen in the near future.

Saying that, CBK’s players must show progression this year from day one. He has had three years to get his type of linemen in place and supposedly they are there, so results should show immediately in my opinion.

I had a thread where I listed all of our OL returning with any PT. It's not even a two deep. How CPJ left such an empty cupboard on the line is shocking. It's not even scheme fit, there just weren't any bodies there. Thank God for the transfers otherwise our record would be even worse. If I were on the staff, I'd plan on bringing in 5 OL transfers before spring practice.
We had several Lineman get processed and a couple transfer or graduate and be done because the staff told them they weren’t needed.

He’s not going anywhere. He just extorted us for more money again.

He was hired to recruit and coach an OL. He’s only had two recruiting classes. It takes more than that to replace the fish we had before.

It's fair to want 4 years to have your peak oline, but the ol is worse than what sewak produced. If key can't show improvement in 3 years over coach floppy fish, Im not sure how we can conclude he's justifying his paycheck.

Or look at the UGA game in 2017. Or the one when’re they suplexed our running back and our floppy fish did nothing to make them pay for it.

Or watch 2016 where the floppy fish were owning the trenches

Back