Coach O'Leary sighting

Re: Coach O\'Leary sighting

Originally posted by ncjacket:
C'mon BeeBad, tell the truth. If we all of a sudden agreed with you, you would just change sides to keep the arguement going.
blue.gif

Better be careful though, I believe techsamillion can take you. Verbal jabs at 20 paces.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">techs is a formidable opponent... altho, being the cagy veteran that he is, he doesn't punch in flurries as much anymore, but loads up for the big haymaker...

Admit to enjoyinig a good, spirited debate... But the odds that I will change sides in the gailey debate are somewhere between the odds of Heidi Fleiss getting married in a white dress & braine doing endorsement ads for Dale Carnegie ...

Just what is the Gailey "debate"?

Give your school's coach a chance to prove himself

VS.

What, exactly?

So, BDG, what brand of tabaccy was GOL buying?
grin.gif

**BTW, thanks to whoever changed the spelling in the subject line; I didn't realize I had that much clout around here
grin.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

Ah, beloved BeeBad, you are so correct about my tactics; ie, flurried punches as opposed to haymakers. I am getting older and more wearied.15 rounds now are wearisom Those flurried punches are so easy to be thrown and equally make one prociptiously receptive to thier receptivity, u pluribus unum, and ipso facto, etc.!! So, I must go for the K.O. every punch (gys like you make this difficult: ah, you youngsters) Haymakers are few and far between. Sometimes when thrown, they result in a "knock-out"; other times, if missed they end with being "knocked-out"; therefore on the mend for 3-5 days. I plead guilty on both counts. By the way, I have issued a formal marriage proposal to Heidi, and Coach D. Braine has warmed up to the idea of cuddling up to Dale Carnegie strategy of late; I offered for you and I to give lessons and he knowingly smiled.

==Please omit all misspelling until we get a spellchecker==
wink.gif

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
Beebad: Here, here - if you like Chan you know football, if you don't like Chan, you know nothing!

That is the nail on the head I've been looking for, THANK YOU!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MS TA are you a carpenter or something?

grin.gif

Originally posted by bellyseries:

VS.

What, exactly?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Why, anarchy and mayhem, of course.
wink.gif

Ramblin: Anarchy and Mayhem?????

absence of government b : a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority c : a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government
2 a : absence or denial of any authority or established order b : absence of order : DISORDER

1 a : willful and permanent deprivation of a bodily member resulting in the impairment of a person's fighting ability b : willful and permanent crippling, mutilation, or disfigurement of any part of the body 2 : needless or willful damage

Just funnin'
Thanks for all your contributions; love your posts 99% of the time.

Please do not judge spelling errors until we get a spell-checker

BeeBad, be careful man. Remember from Annie Savoy in Bull Durham, "we all deserve to wear white". Sounds like you're almost there.

Wow! 192 Replies, Go get 'em boys and girls. Ride 'em cowboy...

Originally posted by bellyseries:

VS.

What, exactly?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Allright,...let's give him the chance to take our program back to the B--- L---- days. But in the eyes of some, that's OK because we've got academic integrity and our coach preaches a good sermon.

I'll say this,....he's certainly got the chance to prove himself. The question is,...will our football program survive.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Originally posted by Driver8:

Allright,...let's give him the chance to take our program back to the B--- L---- days. But in the eyes of some, that's OK because we've got academic integrity and our coach preaches a good sermon.

I'll say this,....he's certainly got the chance to prove himself. The question is,...will our football program survive.

GATA JACKETS!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">you are talking georgia tech football here. our program is and has always been resilient enough to "survive".

if tech "survived" bill lewis .. tech can survive anything.

tech will have more problems if we fire 1st year coaches with winning records.

i'm glad that you've come around to giving chan gailey a chance. i'm also glad that nobody gives a rat ass about your coming around or not coming around to giving chan gailey a chance.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by bellyseries:

VS.

What, exactly?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Allright,...let's give him the chance to take our program back to the B--- L---- days. But in the eyes of some, that's OK because we've got academic integrity and our coach preaches a good sermon.

GATA JACKETS!!!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I still don't see any evidence that our program is sinking. Chan is doing nothing to kill the program. The sky is not falling Chicken Driver8 Little.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
No Driver and BeeBad as well, don't understand that people are complex. As the Fellowship of Christian Athletes proves, you can be a do-gooder and a winner at the same time. For that matter, BYU is a Morman school but I also thought they were one of the dirtier teams we played last year. What Driver is still trying to say is he doens't like Chan and doesn't think he can win at Tech. He just likes to dress his opinions up to make them look logical when in fact they are his gut reactions to Chan. And that's fine, if he doesn't like him. But he's still our coach and BeeBad's opinions to the contrary, I still don't see how bad-mouthing your own coach makes you a better fan.

BTW BeeBad, I have never seen a post by Driver that would lead me to think he knows anything about football other than he likes to win and will pay any cost to win.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm very confident about my knowledge of football. I'm just as confident that there are some on this board that may know more. That's not the point.I don't have to come on this forum and talk X's and O's to validate my "knowlegde". It's my belief that CG is not the man to lead our program. As for the do-gooders,.....Listen, I think it's great that CG has such high moral standards and religious convictions. I agree that we want our Head Coach to be cut of this cloth. But that is no defense for him when it comes to his atrocious handling of our football progam. Last year was a disaster. The off-season has been worse. He's here to lead our Jackets to the Promised Land,...not to preach to the multitudes.

But we will see, because he's about to reap what he has sown. This season is a direct reflection on our current head coach.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Originally posted by ylojk8:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Driver8:

Allright,...let's give him the chance to take our program back to the B--- L---- days. But in the eyes of some, that's OK because we've got academic integrity and our coach preaches a good sermon.

GATA JACKETS!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">you are talking georgia tech football here. our program is and has always been resilient enough to "survive".

if tech "survived" bill lewis .. tech can survive anything.

tech will have more problems if we fire 1st year coaches with winning records.

i'm glad that you've come around to giving chan gailey a chance. i'm also glad that nobody gives a rat ass about your coming around or not coming around to giving chan gailey a chance.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Same to you.

GATA JACKETS!

Same to you.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">for the first time, i am floored. what wit, what a retort, what a repartee.

scooby doo, same to you!

LOL

Dear Driver 8 and those who agree:

I have read your posts and identified with your passion to win. I agree whole heartedly that this is to be the number one goal...period!! I have not come to the place of expressing it as freely or in the same manner as you. Your desire above all, as I read it, is to WIN. I have to agree.
That is also mine and the burning feeling within most of our souls.
You speak as I (normally think, re: "academic integrity). Not being a Tech attender nor grad
I often wonder about the tenacity of others to push this thought; but, I leave them to their
thoughts....even in any/all disagreement I may have. After all, I am not an alumni.
I confess, that I am hurt however when you speak of our Coach and throw "various derisive
religous conotations"his way. It has been proved that Christians can have winning programs
in Pro and College football. So this is a moot point. Whether our coach shall reach such a pinnacle remains to be seen, but I for one am willing to give him a chance.
1. We will never, never return to so-called B.L. days. I lived through those with all others but I
truly hate the manner in which we have degraded this man, his family, and his name. I often
feel sickened as I read ugly words about this man. Let's let B.L. and all his family rest. It is over folks....I was there you were there, but it is over, it is over, it is over. Please all listen: IT IS OVER: B.L. days are over: Bill Curry days (which can be measured very similarly are over), GOL days are over. Bill Fulcher days are over, Pepper Rogers days are over, Bud Carson days are over, let's purge ourselves of all hatred.
It is a new day. Gailey's days will be Gailey's days and none other's. Regardless of what we
like, pull for, judge: Gailey and his staff are the coaches: it does not matter if there are those
who choose to stand with them or against them; they are for the moment "IN CHARGE" and
their prosperity means that Tech is prosperous; their failure means that Tech has failed. It
is the same no matter who is the coach. I pull for the Team and thus for the coaches: PERIOD!
2. To all those who delight in speaking against Gailey in religiously couched terms: That
is your priviledge. None can rob you of it, but really........... I have seen ugly words posted
relative to his religous profession, his (PASSED) positions as a S.S. Teacher, and his willingness
to speak at churches that invite him (during their various services). Would you rather that he
dismiss all these invitations? Would you be happier if he cared not for Christ and the church?
To slanderously condemn the man with negative connotations re: the aforementioned is cheap,
ugly, anti-Christianity, anti-Tech and anti-American. He is (as he has said) a Christian who is also a football coach.
I would ask his detractors:
A. Do you resent his speaking at churches?
B. Do you feel
that his speaking at churches detracts from his coaching duties?
C. Do you know his dailey schedule?
D. Do you know his hours spent on the job at Tech?
E. Do you of know of specific instances or style of life that his Christianity has in any way detracted from his job as coach at Georgia Tech?
F. Do you know what time he wakes up, goes to work, comes home, gives time to his family?
G. Can you say with certainty that his religion has detracted from his coaching duties?
Please be fair and honest: Not only
you Driver, but I speak to others as well who have not considered the above.

Your latest statements:
1.no defense for him when it comes to his atrocious handling of our football progam.
2. Last year was a disaster. The off-season has been worse.
3. He's here to lead our Jackets to the Promised Land,...not to preach to the multitudes.
# 1: Details please. Everyone who has constantly been aware of our programs misfortunes and honestly surmised them would not label his work as be "atrocious".
# 2. Were you around year before last? Count up the injuries,available Q.B., T.B., T.E., other etc. and compare. Which was the most disatrous year? Come on...an honest, open minded 3rd grader could give an accurate answer; as have most on this board and on the Hive. Any others are simply either ignorant or prejudiced.
# 3. Just what do you mean by "preach to the multitudes"? Have you heard him? Do you know his past 6 month, future 6 month schedule? Do you know his dailey scedule? Do you know what % of time he spends on/off the job?

Your following statement is absolute truth......why, oh why do we have to go further???

"But we will see, because he's about to reap what he has sown. This season is a direct reflection on our current head coach."

Driver, I've never used Chan's religious views as an excuse for anything. Actually I've said I don't care what our coach does in his personal life as long as he can coach (and it isn't illegal or something that would cast Tech in a bad light).

Last year was a weird year. We did have some highs but way too many lows. I'm not convinced he's the "saviour" of Tech football but I'm not convinced he's not either. I don't think the off season has had much to do with Chan. It's been well documented that he was purposely kept out of day to day involvement with the player's academic progress. Clough, Braine, Moore all agree. The losses hurt and certainly don't make the coming season any easier. OTOH, if they quit in the classroom maybe they were the same guys who quit on the field. Maybe we'll have better chemistry without them.

Either way, we didn't lose anybody else it seems which is a positive. Bilbo is much more positive about Nix than he was with BOB. We set 11 school records in the weight room. So it hasn't all been negative, except in your eyes.

But you are right about one thing. This season will be a direct reflection on our coach. How we play will tell us all alot about him.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by bellyseries:

VS.

What, exactly?

GATA JACKETS!!!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahhh... look everyone. The jackass said something. Two questions for you Driver8. Did you ever play competitive sports in your life? If so, what were they?

When I think of Driver8, I think of Steve Martin dressed up as "Ruppert the wonder boy" in the movie Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

Back