Coach O'Leary sighting

Re: Coach O\'Leary sighting

Attaboy, NC; always knew you had brains as well as spunk...let's not let the bastards tell us when to cease!!!!!!!
smile.gif

Attaboy, NC; always knew you had brains as well as spunk...let's not any the b'tard tell us when to cease!!!!!!!
smile.gif

Sorry for any who called upon us to "cease": did not wish to call you an ugly name.....
"WITHDRAW" all insituations or facts.
Just a colloquilism (sp.) ((cause we do not have a spell-check))..........

Anyway: Tech and all connected to her; above all:
(the rest of you): just keep quiet at least for three games.....then carp; harp; whatever, and I will be with you (perhaps)!!!!

Nah, bdg, it's vuja-dey, you know that feeling that you have never seen this before but know it will be bad.

Beware come back and remind us of the stats that NCjacket and aho' cannot refute. O'Leary's team was much stronger with similiar personnel. I have said this before and will say it again. Imho, the way Chan handled his first year was earily similiar to the way BL handled his first year right down the the qb controversy. I love the Jackets more than many. How else could you sit thought Curry's first years through every minute and still cheer as loud as you could. I love being in the top 25 every year and giving UGA a run for their money not 51-7. I don't expect us to be national champs every year but the above with a victory over UGA 3 out of 4 years is damn sweet.

Stats schamtz, if you can't refute 'em ignore 'em. At least that's what I've learned around here.
smile.gif
Don't you know this isn't about stats? It's about how we FEEL!!!

To do that, you have to somehow project how Cg would do in his first year under Homer. Ridiculous.

Hey Cool, now you are getting into my pet-peave territory
wink.gif

Just how many diversions can this post wittstandd?

If you mean projections, i am sorry Techs. I am almost done with "Moneyball" and it has left an impression on me w/regard to stats.

That being said, I am fearless going into this years schedule!!

Attaboy! Cool!! Anyone who goes "fearlessly" surely has the admiration of most; certainly my own: especially at 10:30 p.m.

Anyway, I was referring to the "Homer Ridiculous" reference. We may have joint-connected here.
grin.gif

Careful with those joints around here man. No telling what kind of trouble that will start.

BeeBad, that is highly possible, it could have gone either way. We could have done better without Tenuta or worse without him. It is pure speculation at this time. This year will give us more data on Tenuta.

It is possible, we could have done worse without BOB. We did have two years to assess the effectiveness of BOB, although that is still not enough time to judge his true abilities. We just don't know, and we don't have enough data to go on at this time.

Although, you cannot make absolute decisions on the data from one year, you can see trends from the data over several years.

Why do I use Friedgen as an example? The years he was with Ross, O'Leary, and now on his own has provided me with enough data to make a pretty accurate assessment of his value to a program.

Just his success with quarterbacks alone makes him a valid example for comparisons.

Father Time

Originally posted by spellingbee:
originally posted by dustjacket </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by JJacket:
The GOL bandwagon should have left when the coach y'all speak so highly of ABANDONED GEORGIA TECH..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And do you feel the same about Bobby Cremins or Bill Curry? You GOL haters disgust me. That man gave blood and sweated his behind off and did more than for GT than Bill Curry ever did. We would be lucky one day entice GOL back as A.D.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Uh, Cremins didn't abandon GT, and understand there are still plenty of negative feelings toward Curry for leaving for "greener pastures."</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He didn't? The dude at the South Carolina press conference sure looked like Cremins.. maybe it was his long lost twin?

originally posted by dustjacket
He didn't?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No, sir, he didn't.

As awkward and embarassing as that incident might have been, it shows exactly what true loyalty is. Coach Cremins abandoned his dream in order to follow his heart. Not many people are confronted with such a blatant call for such a self-searching decision. IMO, the fact that he initially headed to the cocks and then changed midstream proves even more that his was a decision based upon his love and loyalty to GT.

Jilted by Curry? yes; O'Leary? yes; Cremins? absolutely not

and while I'm at it again...
originally posted by gtmg
I love being in the top 25 every year and giving UGA a run for their money not 51-7.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">apparantly you seek a return to the early-mid fifties which is the only time that GT has consistantly finished in the top twenty-five (top twenty then.) GOL finished there in three of his seven years--the same three years out of seven (not counting his partial year in '94) that his teams beat ugag. Granted there was no 51-7, but there were four whopping losses to f$u.

Again with the false assumption that GOL ran up impressive wins and stats. I really hate responding to these posts, because I truly loved GOL while he was here. I was very frustrated many times because I thought GT lost some they should have won, but I pulled for him until he left. As I said, I hate making the posts, but I can't sit and let you or others use a false legacy of GOL in order to degrade GT current head coach.

It's really the same crap over and over that appears in different threads. I guess to some "perception [really] is the reality."

Dang, I was just coming in here to catch the tail-end of this thread and maybe join in the light-hearted tone it had taken...oh well.
pat.gif

Anyway, I love all you guys (no instant graemlin for teary-eyed confessions?) and look forward to a great season with all of you.

I believe that the vast majority of you are real Tech fans--I don't understand a few of you (and a couple of you even infuriate me with your logic,) but that's okay--and would love a successful season.

I think things are shaping up and there are good things to come this season and even better things to come under Coach Gailey in seasons ahead. Those not so sure about Coach Gailey hang in there and enjoy the surprise. Those of you dead-set against Coach Gailey, I hope you will come around when you see the progression...

goodnight and sweet dreams

Don't let it die! We're going for the record.

Just a note of seriousness on the Cremins vs O'Leary discussion. First, I liked both, but I have to admit I liked Bobby more.

I think the biggest difference is that Bobby made the tough decision and then changed his mind and came back. We all knew it was the pull on the heartstrings that made him do it in the first place. George on the other hand talked about ND being his dream job. Bobby never said that about SC, it was a going home thing. George also tended to rub a lot of people the wrong way, Bobby was everybody's best friend.

I think another factor in their repsective legacies is that Bobby was burned out at the end and it was there for everyone to see. George had a lot more to give and it upset people that he was turning his back on us.

George Siting Hottie

093.jpg

Curry was a good coach..
rolleyes.gif

Back