Coaching Search Update

Let’s just say Prime does GREAT his first two years. That happens, and we are looking for a new coach the next year. Is that what we want? The worst outcome here is we need a new coach real soon. Whether it’s because they suck or they were so good they quit is irrelevant. It will be a bad position to be in.
Feeder program? We are kinda already doing that with our players.

That is not the worst outcome. The worst outcome is three more 3-9 seasons, causing the fundraising push to fail, attendance to drop to even lower levels than it is right now, us to get left out of the next round of conference realignment, and our athletic department to collapse in on itself financially like a dying star.

The most important thing for us right now is to get some wins and get some excitment back into the program.
This is exactly right. We need wins and excitement asap. Play your best players every game. Hire the best coach we can persuade to come here within our budget, regardless of age, experience, etc. Winning cures alot of ills...

He would be a great get. My guess is that most of us doubt he would leave Cincinnati for Georgia Tech, especially with the Bearcats moving to the Big 12.

Yeah, we have not shot at him. He's basically waiting for OSU or equivalent to open up.

You don’t think we trade up if Deion arrives?
There will probably be an initial hype burst (trust me I'd be full in the hype and enjoying the hell out of it myself). Without the financial backing that model needs, it will quickly spitter out, or Deion leaves for greener pastures (FSU?)

Now if we get serious about football funding, that's a different story. I've been a tech fan for too long to get my hopes up on that front however.

:facepalm:
Here's an update for y'all.

It's Key's job to lose.
Wish I had better news.
:crapstorm:
No one knows, Key could be an exceptional hire. He has the same experience, maybe even a better pedigree than Kirby (Friedgen, O'Leary, Saban) The difference is UGA ponied up for Kirby and has provided every possible resource needed to win. I think Key could win surrounded with the right cast and resources for recruiting. Question is will The Institute step up to the plate?

No one knows, Key could be an exceptional hire. He has the same experience, maybe even a better pedigree than Kirby (Friedgen, O'Leary, Saban) The difference is UGA ponied up for Kirby and has provided every possible resource needed to win. I think Key could win surrounded with the right cast and resources for recruiting. Question is will The Institute step up to the plate?
One could argue that it doesn't take an exceptional hire to win with their resources. Especially now that the gap has widened so much.

Key will never get that level of support here however, hence why I feel this is a bad fit.

No Chadwell, deep under lying issues, a top name previous head coach with a good record or Brent Key,
They have zero - ZERO - chance to get "a top name previous head coach with a good record." Wake the öööö up and look around at 25000 empty seats.

This is not a good HC job. Not just in P5 but in all of FBS. No - NO - good previous HC is going to come here, with the only conceivable exception being Art Briles or someone like that who has disgraced himself to the point that he literally is never going to have any other option. And that includes Deion. And Luke Fickell . . . talk about ROTFLMFAO! Yeah, maybe we can lure Belichick to college ball while we're all visiting The Land Of Things That Will Never ööööing Happen. So please stop with that nonsense, morons.

Our best bet by far is to identify a smart, ambitious, up-and-coming, assistant WITHOUT previous Head Coaching experience who is looking for his first HC job to make his bones, and convince him to come here and do that.

Otherwise, let's go back to the 3O or drop down to FCS.

:facepalm:
Here's an update for y'all.

It's Key's job to lose.
Wish I had better news.
:crapstorm:
So if Battman picks Key then we should disregard his analysis and tell him who to pick?

You do realize that is exactly how Collins got the job. Whisenhunt was literally 24 hours away from signing a contract when the big money guys overruled him and made him pull the offer and hire Collins.

Let's not go down that road again, shall we? If J picks Key then I'm falling in line.

What are the deep underlying issues with Chadwell
Please enlighten us
Personally, a penchant for young women.

Professionally, a penchant for running a loose ship and letting the inmates run the asylum and also doing a ööööty job of NCAA compliance.

So if Battman picks Key then we should disregard his analysis and tell him who to pick?

You do realize that is exactly how Collins got the job. Whisenhunt was literally 24 hours away from signing a contract when the big money guys overruled him and made him pull the offer and hire Collins.

Let's not go down that road again, shall we? If J picks Key then I'm falling in line.
I might not know much, but I know that anyone who put his fingerprints on the CGC hire should not have one ööööing thing to do with picking our next head coach. And this is not hindsight. It was pretty clear to me and a lot of other folks from day one that CGC was over his head.

I do not like Key for our next HC. But if CGC was a 1 hire on a scale of 1 to 10 (and he was), then Key would at least be a 4. Maybe a 5.

But even if they hire another clown, I'll fall in line just like I did for CGC. Because whoever is our coach, I want him to win every game possible so long as he remains our coach.

Where did you learn this about Whisenhunt?

Personally, a penchant for young women.

Professionally, a penchant for running a loose ship and letting the inmates run the asylum and also doing a ööööty job of NCAA compliance.
I have no idea, but this could be why he hasn’t already been hired by a bigger school.

In the 5 or 6 years of watching Chadwell, I've never heard a single comment of any kind about a "penchant for young women". The one NCAA compliance thing I heard was at Charleston Southern. If it's what I think it is, the only way he could've prevented that is a draconian level of attachment players that rivals that of a catholic priest, or the government.

My understanding is that they knew in the middle of interviewing KW he wasn’t the guy and an offer was never made to him
I might not know much, but I know that anyone who put his fingerprints on the CGC hire should not have one ööööing thing to do with picking our next head coach.
both parties responsible for that hire are gone, though is still kind of around. Just not in the seat of power he once held.

Back