Coleman Rudolph on 680 today...

Axe

Flats Noob
...Coleman Rudolph will be on 680 from 3-7 today. He is in for Buck Belue.

That Coleman really makes me sick... The way he has been trashing the football program... His secret is out, he's really a dawg... No true Tech man would trash the program like he does... Let's send Coleman up to Kennesaw Kid's place so he & his henchmen can punch him out... Reading the other thread I can see Kennesaw & his cronies aren't gonna take any crap from an idiot like Coleman... !!

Beebad: Coleman Rudolph is one of GT's finest ex-players. He's more connected to this program then, you, I or anyone here! He knows what it is to play football here, go to school here and graduate. I put more stock in hearing what he feels, thinks, wants and understands then most.

I would never demean or berate one of GT's finest, Never! Never in a million years would ANY GT player who gives it their all deserve anything less then our unconditional support - no matter the situation or environment, that's understood! This is HIS alma mater - enough said!

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
Beebad: Coleman Rudolph is one of GT's finest ex-players. He's more connected to this program then, you, I or anyone here! He knows what it is to play football here, go to school here and graduate. I put more stock in hearing what he feels, thinks, wants and understands then most.

I would never demean or berate one of GT's finest, Never! Never in a million years would ANY GT player who gives it their all deserve anything less then our unconditional support - no matter the situation or environment, that's understood! This is HIS alma mater - enough said!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I could be wrong but I think beebad is poking fun at those that say real fans don't complain.

Coleman IS NOT as well connected as you would want to think.. in fact.. he has a burr in his butt because he has been "shut out" since GOL left..

And Ms. Tech.. before you get into an uproar about my statement, those arent my words, those were the words spoken to me by one our our Assoc Athletic Directors less than two months ago..

The bottom line is.. some of his radio antics of the past year has not opened many doors for him at the Edge

Jacketguy- I hate to tell you, but the Assoc. Athletic Dir. is flat wrong. Coleman has no axe to grind- He is just BLUNT. All he has said from last August when Gathers' quote, "We love Gailey, he lets us police ourselves..." is that was a terrible sign. Coleman's quote was, "To win at Tech you must have strict discipline 24 hours/day on these kids, and especially, especially at GT because of the Academic demands." He is 100% right. Gailey doesnt do that and that will probably be his downfall. Coleman saw the exact formula to win at Tech through Bobby Ross- 1) Recruit smart kids and stay on them 100% of the time-basically they knew when the kids were brushing their teeth 2) Hire great Assistant Coaches- Enough said here 3)Trust your coaches. You can win with that philosophy. O'Leary did (probably could have done even better with a great Def. Coord. but he did well enough for Tech. That is what Coleman saw and he sees none of that now. Basically, Coleman gripe is more with the AD than Gailey. He has said he likes Gailey but he is not right for Tech because he is not a strict disciplinarian. I agree 100%. But the "whole" organization down there is weak, from the stadium fund raising, to academic organization. And that is the problem to overcome for Tech to get back to strength in Football- a new AD. Coleman is right on the money and is not going to hide behind this bull of everything is ok until we see it really bad- then its way, way too late.

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
Coleman has no axe to grind-
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Did somebody page me? Oops that axe, well nevermind.

Good one Axe. By the way, I meant to add in my previous post, that the people down at the AA dont have clue as to what is going on because they are never told, there are people quitting and new hires every month, and our AD has been fishing. It could and should be run in a way that is no where near today's situation. So the Assoc AD actually doent know squat. Coleman is going to speak his feelings and has no agenda(obviously, if he did, he wouldnt be as blunt-makes sense

That was a good one Axe..

Gnome.. we can just agree to disagree on this one.. I am of the opinion that Coleman is not as "tuned in" as he would like.. a person does not have to be a Ross or GOL clone to succeed at Tech.. I would venture to say that I have spent more time talking with various people at the Edge this year than Coleman has..

I do agree with you that changes need to be made with the entire organization.. at times it seems like they are sleepwalking on North Avenue..

Good one Axe. By the way, I meant to add in my previous post, that the people down at the AA dont have clue as to what is going on because they are never told, there are people quitting and new hires every month, and our AD has been fishing. It could and should be run in a way that is no where near today's situation. So the Assoc AD actually doent know squat. Coleman is going to speak his feelings and has no agenda(obviously, if he did, he wouldnt be as blunt-makes sense
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You made my point for me Gnome.. Coleman IS speaking his feelings because he doesnt know fact.. and since he doenst know fact, he does have an agenda.. again, its just my opinion. And I wouldnt go so far as to say the Asoc AD doesnt know squat.. they arent complete idiots over there.. just some of the time.. smile

Originally posted by jacketguy:
That was a good one Axe..

Gnome.. we can just agree to disagree on this one.. I am of the opinion that Coleman is not as "tuned in" as he would like.. a person does not have to be a Ross or GOL clone to succeed at Tech.. I would venture to say that I have spent more time talking with various people at the Edge this year than Coleman has..

I do agree with you that changes need to be made with the entire organization.. at times it seems like they are sleepwalking on North Avenue..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">JacketGuy: I don't think an ex-player has to maintain an Edge connection. Your connection is through your experiences as one who was there and went through the process - no matter the time and that's what Coleman speaks. I think you can talk to a lot of ex-players and get some of the same comments and feelings about this.

Some of the ex-players outside of Coleman have spoken here previously and said similar things. I can't question their veracity and understanding of a situation I was never in (student/athlete at GT). I have to give loads of credibility to which they speak. Who better to give us what 'it's really like and what you need to do'.

I agree and disagree. Coleman has plenty of people in the know about what is going on at Tech. What he does on radio as a hobby, is as you said, his own thoughts. But they are not out of the blue-trust me. After talking with numerous people, who give plenty of money to GT, and have been invloved for many many years (and you may be one of these that I havent spoken to so forgive me) but there is a strong consensus that this "company" is in dire need of a new CEO. And they have a plan to right this weak ship in a hurry before it gets really bad. From the new AD on down. That doesnt mean it will happen because they dont run the school but their plan is 10x better than what we have right now. For instance, one "large" donor has verbatim said to our AD, " I will never give another dime of my money to the AA as long as you are AD." This guy is a die hard Tech fan. He doesnt say this because of wins and losses. He says this because of the tact and dealings with you know who. Others, one in particular who is in the GT Hall of Fame, said they made him so furious with the ticket fiasco- and this is a guy you just dont do the shenanigans to that have been going on down there. So I believe Coleman's point of view is 1) It starts at the top 2) A new AD will have a clean slate to make Coaching decisions and get the whole "company" on strong footing again. 3) Gailey is a good man at the wrong place. I do believe your point that there is not just one way to win at GT. But I also believe because GT is unique as we all know it, that Hard Discipline better be a core value of the coach at Tech or he will not succeed in the long run. The stadium fundraising has been a clusterf--- from the beginning. Thank God Jack Thompson is still there to try and solve some of the problems. I will be at every game and have some good tailgates because my expectations are very low. Low expectations dont mean pessimism in my book- I hope I am thouroughly surprised (like 2000). Later

Coleman just said on 680 the fan that he expected GT to win 3 or 4 games. He also said:

GT could not beat Auburn if we had 15 players on the field.

He also said our win over NCSU last year was a miracle.

Just wanted to give the out towners a feel for the typical day of sports talk radio in Atlanta.

Ms Tech.. I am one of the ex student athetes as well (football as a matter of fact)..certainly not as successful of an athlete as Coleman was while at Tech.. I went through the grind as well... and while I know what you are saying is true (in regards to ex S/A's).. there are other ex S/A's who hold the same opinion I do.. I would only say that my "feelings" are tempered with communication, and that sometimes that communication helps, it gives me a different perspective, maybe a little more optimism.

As I write this I am listening to 680 for the first time in over a year.. Coleman is still trashing Tech as I write this.. I dont appreciate it, I dont care how many downs he played on the flats.. no optimism at all from him, and he closed his comments with a sly remark about those who flunked out.. I dont care who he is, in my opinion it is inappropriate .. and he is doing it all for a $40,000 paycheck from 680.. and that is no lie.. that is his annual paycheck from that station, in my opinion, thats a cheap sell-out.. I just turned the radio dial again..

Obviously he is right about NC State the way we got destroyed by UGA and didnt show up against Fresno. I mean AJ Suggs made plays he didnt make before or after that game, so it was a miracle. The part about Auburn is probably true but that's just radio talk about the 15 players. If we had a great coach and 10 guys hadnt failed out, and we had Hollings, I will bet you he would say we have a great chance. Unfortunately, we dont have those things. But 2 game of the season, at home, still makes it a 14-21 point game at least!

I agree and disagree. Coleman has plenty of people in the know about what is going on at Tech. What he does on radio as a hobby, is as you said, his own thoughts. But they are not out of the blue-trust me. After talking with numerous people, who give plenty of money to GT, and have been invloved for many many years (and you may be one of these that I havent spoken to so forgive me) but there is a strong consensus that this "company" is in dire need of a new CEO. And they have a plan to right this weak ship in a hurry before it gets really bad. From the new AD on down. That doesnt mean it will happen because they dont run the school but their plan is 10x better than what we have right now. For instance, one "large" donor has verbatim said to our AD, " I will never give another dime of my money to the AA as long as you are AD." This guy is a die hard Tech fan. He doesnt say this because of wins and losses. He says this because of the tact and dealings with you know who. Others, one in particular who is in the GT Hall of Fame, said they made him so furious with the ticket fiasco- and this is a guy you just dont do the shenanigans to that have been going on down there. So I believe Coleman's point of view is 1) It starts at the top 2) A new AD will have a clean slate to make Coaching decisions and get the whole "company" on strong footing again. 3) Gailey is a good man at the wrong place. I do believe your point that there is not just one way to win at GT. But I also believe because GT is unique as we all know it, that Hard Discipline better be a core value of the coach at Tech or he will not succeed in the long run. The stadium fundraising has been a clusterf--- from the beginning. Thank God Jack Thompson is still there to try and solve some of the problems. I will be at every game and have some good tailgates because my expectations are very low. Low expectations dont mean pessimism in my book- I hope I am thouroughly surprised (like 2000). Later
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Great post Gnome.. excellent points, and I agree completely with what you say about the CEO.. its true, and its also true that some refuse to continue to offer support financially... but believe me.. there were those who practiced that same philosophy because GOL was there (and not meaning to turn this into a GOL thread.. its just a fact)... I am also in the camp that has high expectations, but I also expect us to give Gailey a chance to do his job.. one year is not a chance in my opinion...

And in terms of discipline, you are absolutely right.. but, discipline is not just a special requirement for Tech.. its for any level of football.. in my opinion, that more than anything is what Richt has instilled in the guys at Georgia.. discipline leads to success, which builds confidence.. in my opinion, we havent been disciplined since we played Georgia in 2000.. flashes of brilliance here and there, but nothing like I saw that year.. I agree, its a problem and if we dont make strides this year, well, we need to reconsider some things..

And I am with you my friend.. I hope we are pleasantly surprised as we were in 2000 as well. I want to hear Coleman eat crow. !!!

Jacketguy, lighten up just a bit. 1) Coleman doesnt work at 680 full time- a hobby. Yes a hobby. 2) He does get good ratings- which is what RADIO is all about 3) If everything was going outstanding at Tech- we had a disciplined team, 10 guys hadnt failed out, we had Tony Hollings back, the large donor alumni werent pissed off, the team hadnt quit in of all games our rival, we had strong assistant coaches (Tenuta probably good), and again we had a strict disciplinarian as a coach, then Coleman would be the first to be excited about Tech. He actually pissed off the UGA fans last year cause he predicted in August that they would win the SEC. Why were they pissed? Becuase they actually thought he was going to come out and trash them-typical DAWG fans. He said if they didnt win the SEC Champ. he would tatoo a G to his behind. And they did. He didnt just make it up- he studied what they had coming back and that was both lines- D and O. And that's where it starts. My point is- Come August when they start analyzing the year and teams- listen because he puts the farce Max Howell and Buck to shame when it comes down to facts. He is looking at the facts and basically his opinion is we are not going to be good. Screw the homer crap for Godsakes. I looked at all the magazines this week while out of town and we are picked 6-8 in the ACC. Sounds like he is in the consensus and he knows more of what's going on down there than they do. As Coleman says, hopefully we dont have anymore casualties in summer school and certain people pass calculus this summer- and those are facts my friend..

Originally posted by Axe:
Coleman just said on 680 the fan that he expected GT to win 3 or 4 games. He also said:

GT could not beat Auburn if we had 15 players on the field.

He also said our win over NCSU last year was a miracle.

Just wanted to give the out towners a feel for the typical day of sports talk radio in Atlanta.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">How do I FEEL about it?? Coleman Sucks ! LOL

Originally posted by jacketguy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Great post Gnome.. excellent points, and I agree completely with what you say about the CEO.. its true, and its also true that some refuse to continue to offer support financially... but believe me.. there were those who practiced that same philosophy because GOL was there (and not meaning to turn this into a GOL thread.. its just a fact)... I am also in the camp that has high expectations, but I also expect us to give Gailey a chance to do his job.. one year is not a chance in my opinion...

And in terms of discipline, you are absolutely right.. but, discipline is not just a special requirement for Tech.. its for any level of football.. in my opinion, that more than anything is what Richt has instilled in the guys at Georgia.. discipline leads to success, which builds confidence.. in my opinion, we havent been disciplined since we played Georgia in 2000.. flashes of brilliance here and there, but nothing like I saw that year.. I agree, its a problem and if we dont make strides this year, well, we need to reconsider some things..

And I am with you my friend.. I hope we are pleasantly surprised as we were in 2000 as well. I want to hear Coleman eat crow. !!!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree with most of your points here. I believe though that the money question goes to DB not Gailey.

Back