Coleman Rudolph on 680 today...

casbah, it seem to me the question is whether anything has changed since last year. You could say that it hasn't based on the flunk-outs, or it could be that it took care of the problem(s). We'll see this year. If we play like the Ugag game there will be a lot more calling for Chan's head. If we play with some fire and put together a solid year it will go the other way.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
so beeserk are you basically stating that you are going to renege your pledge?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Would you buy stock in a company whose CEO you believed to be incapable of leading the company?

Ylo, I have no problem answering your question. If the GTAA were to send me a bill today for my next pleadge amount, they would get a simple letter stating that when I have confidence in our Athletic Director and his ability to run our program they can have my money for the expansion. I would also tell them I have no problem in them revoking the AT points I got for the pledge. Alas, they have already gotten my money for this year though. I buy football tickets with a group, and losing some AT points wouldn't have much effect. I have plenty and give enough to secure my basketball seats. I am willing to put my money (or not put it) where my mouth is.

Ylo, now I ask you a serious question...

Are you willing to buy season tickets to multiple sports, give to AT Fund, and give to "speical" fundraising campaigns? Are you willing to do it UNCONDITIONALLY?

okay so that was two questions

The expansion pledge HAS NOTHING to do with my general AT Fund giving or purchase of football and basketball season tickets. I will always support the kids.

p.s. if Dave Braine honestly thinks a "pledge" of $45 million means he really has raised $45 million... then this ship is going down faster than I thought. Do you you know about Tom Dupree and his "pledge" to the management school?

Originally posted by Driver8:
My team is Georgia Tech and I'm pissed off at Gailey and Braine for the way they are killing our program. Don't ever equate my hatred of CG as some sort of negative on my 'Jackets. It's just the opposite,... it's my deep devotion to the progam that makes my Old Gold blood boil at what the current powers have done.

GATA JACKETS[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
wtf.gif

Deep Devotion??? You make me laugh.
laugh.gif

Originally posted by BEESerk:
Would you buy stock in a company whose CEO you believed to be incapable of leading the company?

Ylo, I have no problem answering your question. If the GTAA were to send me a bill today for my next pleadge amount, they would get a simple letter stating that when I have confidence in our Athletic Director and his ability to run our program they can have my money for the expansion. I would also tell them I have no problem in them revoking the AT points I got for the pledge. Alas, they have already gotten my money for this year though. I buy football tickets with a group, and losing some AT points wouldn't have much effect. I have plenty and give enough to secure my basketball seats. I am willing to put my money (or not put it) where my mouth is.

Are you willing to buy season tickets to multiple sports, give to AT Fund, and give to "speical" fundraising campaigns? Are you willing to do it UNCONDITIONALLY?

The expansion pledge HAS NOTHING to do with my general AT Fund giving or purchase of football and basketball season tickets. I will always support the kids.

p.s. if Dave Braine honestly thinks a "pledge" of $45 million means he really has raised $45 million... then this ship is going down faster than I thought. Do you you know about Tom Dupree and his "pledge" to the management school?[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beeserk, you make a very valid point. Fortunately, i think since some of us have yelled and screamed this point, the GTAA is beginning to grasp the picture.

I made a point to Jack Thompson that although Tech might be doing great compared to other schools. Counting money that has been pledged is NOT the same. More importantly, I said imagine what the GTAA could have raised had the alumni been confident in the GTAA's leadership? Those are a LOT of lost dollars based on an unsure alumni base.

I think they are slowly getting the point.

Originally posted by BEESerk:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ylojk8:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Would you buy stock in a company whose CEO you believed to be incapable of leading the company?

p.s. if Dave Braine honestly thinks a "pledge" of $45 million means he really has raised $45 million... then this ship is going down faster than I thought. Do you you know about Tom Dupree and his "pledge" to the management school?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">my answer to your serious question is YES.
you made a pledge .. at that time, you should have thought about the fact that athletic programs can have up years and down years.

you made a pledge to your alma mater, not to a specific AD or a specific coach.

if you renege on your pledge made to your alma mater, you are filth! what a jerk!!!

i need to take a shower .. i have never ever come across such a disgusting post in my life. that includes my various interactions with stupid mutts and kneejerking tech "fans"

MsTA, I agree with Goldmember, Beebad was tongue in cheek with his original remark. Take it just the opposite of the way it sounded and you have it.

MsTA, being an athlete might make a person an idol in the eyes of fans, but it does not make him any better than a fan. It also does not mean he knows more than a fan.

JacketGuy is an example of one of the players at Tech that has just the opposite view than Coleman Rudolph. That is natural. All football players do not have the same views, therefore a fan has to trust his own instincts.

Just because a player states something does not make it true. Some fans do revere a sports figure, but it is not essential. It does not make them smarter than a non-sports figure.

All coaches do not have the same type of discipline. Bobby Dodd was one of the most laid back coaches I have seen at Tech. The other teams in the nation scoffed at the idea of his little soft games during practice.

I believe it was Pepper Rodgers who had some players taking ballet dancing lessons to teach them balance.

It is completely rediculous to state each coach must be a clone of Ross or O'Leary in their coaching techniques. Each coach must prepare his players and teams within his abilities. To state a coach must come in and have the same discipline as Ross or O'Leary is a ludicrous statement.

Because a player such as Coleman Rudolph played under a coach that had a certain code of discipline does not mean every coach must have the same discipline. It only means Coleman Rudolph only knows one method. That really means Coleman is limited in his abilities to one method or system.

He does not become the expert to tell others what method of discipline must be used. He may be off base about the Virginia, NCSU, Georgia, and Fresno State games.

The players themself might have decided they would give it their all in the two games won. They might have laid down in the Georgia and Fresno State games. That would sure explain the difference in the two later games, rather than calling the first two a miracle.

Because Coleman Rudolph has experience at Tech as a student and football player does not mean he is up-to-date on all that is going on at Tech today. Things are constantly changing every day. You can't go back. Nothing stays the same. JacketGuy is probably right, Coleman is probably out of the loop.

By the way, Gnome of Zurich, you have been watching Heartbreak Ridge too much. I noticed the word clusterf--- in your post.

I do agree on this point, Success always starts at the top. If there is not good management at the top, there will be mucho problems all down the line.

Since I do not know the first thing about Clough or Braine, I can not speak for their efficiency in every day affairs. I can state Braines hires of Hewitt, Gailey, and Joseph all seem to be good hires.

Most any CEO would probably have made the same decisions given the choices before him. I will also state with some confidence, all three hires had to be considered and approved by a committee. Those are observable items as seen from a distance.

I do think it is definitely appropriate to give Gailey this year to see what he can do with his change in staff and the absence of possibly some disgruntled players.

It would be utterly foolish to bring a coach in, saddle him with a malcontent OC, some malcontents among the players, and expect him to excel.

Any coach who has a record of 7-6 in his first 13 games and matches the same 7-6 record of the last coach in his last 13 games should be expected an additional year to make changes.

If Clough and Braine negligent in their duties at Tech. I have no idea, but I do understand there is a core group who did not like the dismissal of General Wood, Rope45, Father Mario, McWhorter, and O'Brien when O'Leary left and Gailey was hired.

These can be verified by posts on Stingtalk.

It had also been rumored things were not so peachy between O'Leary and Braine. So it is easy to see there was plenty of unrest when Gailey stepped into the coaching vacancy. It is also well known some of the players on the 2001 team wanted McWhorter to be the head coach.

With all of the above events, there can be little doubt this affected team morale among the football players. Some of those players have graduated, there is infusion of two recruiting classes, and the last vestige of the old football staff is gone. Yes, Gailey deserves at least this year to have a chance for success.

Father Time

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BEESerk:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ylojk8:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">my answer to your serious question is YES.
you made a pledge .. at that time, you should have thought about the fact that athletic programs can have up years and down years.

if you renege on your pledge made to your alma mater, you are filth! what a jerk!!!

i need to take a shower .. i have never ever come across such a disgusting post in my life. that includes my various interactions with stupid mutts and kneejerking tech "fans"
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Cool!!!!!!!! I am filfth AND a Jerk! Two different names in one post!

The FACTS are in this case...

Ylo got schooled, and had to resort to name calling.

Ylo, I am going to assume that you do not give to the AT Fund and have never reviewed any of the literature sent out to AT Fund memebers regarding the stadium expansion campaign.

If you had read the literature you would know that in FACT it was David Braine himself that asked us for the money. NOT My alma mater. I gave my pledge to Dave Braine, not my alma mater.

If I gave my pledge to my alma mater, then why is "Coach's" underling on this board trying to give him credit for it???

Get your facts straight before you start your little temper tantrum. I know what I am talking about, it is obvious you don't.

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
Beeserk, you make a very valid point. Fortunately, i think since some of us have yelled and screamed this point, the GTAA is beginning to grasp the picture.

I made a point to Jack Thompson that although Tech might be doing great compared to other schools. Counting money that has been pledged is NOT the same. More importantly, I said imagine what the GTAA could have raised had the alumni been confident in the GTAA's leadership? Those are a LOT of lost dollars based on an unsure alumni base.

I think they are slowly getting the point.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I certainly hope so, and they have another year to make me feel better. Give me some hope, and they can have my money.

CatJacket, I noticed you do not have an Email address listed. You can go to the top of the page on Stingtalk, click on Search, and place ahsoisee in the Search Box.

You can begin reading my post from the last post toward my first posts if you would like to find out where I stand on issues.

I try to be fair, and I think you will find that to be true from my posts.

If you think you can trust me, please contact me by Email (ahsoisee@bellsouth.net)

Rodney Kent

Originally posted by catjacket:
Hi, my name is Teresa Irish. I'm the Administrative Office Manager at GTAA, and I am Dave Braine's assistant. I have not posted on Stingtalk since General Wood "outed" me a couple of months ago (please note that I am still not using his given name). I am here because of a huge untruth about stadium fundraising in Gnome's post. Jack Thompson and his staff, and Dave Braine, have raised $45 million of the $50 million dollar goal toward stadium fundraising. This is nothing short of amazing in today's economy. In fact, fundraising at every ACC school EXCEPT GT is down for 2002-03. This accomplishment should not be misrepresented or disrespected.

This fact can stand on its own.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Teresa, I will certainly say that you all should be proud for that accomplishment. HOWEVER, currently the alumni (including myself) have lost faith if not lost all faith in the current leadership of the GTAA and if you think it has not COST the GTAA a LOT of money then you're just flat out wrong.

The GTAA is like a business. What is the goal of that business? To make (raise) as much money as possible. How do you make money? You offer a product that has a demand, and you try to offer competitive advantages to try and maximize your demand. So with less demand, you make less money... with more demand, you raise more money.

GT sports is not in a vacuum with a constant demand that stays the same no matter what. THIS IS WHAT THE GTAA BETTER UNDERSTAND QUICK otherwise there will be people out of jobs!

When there are bone headed management mistakes such as "Parking Gate", "Grade Gate", "Letter of Support Gate", "Resume Gate" etc. etc. etc. and my personal favorite The month old Rambling Wreck newspaper that screams "WE AT THE GTAA DON'T GIVE A HOOT!!", The Alumni (your CONSUMERS) lose faith in the overall product. When the consumer loses faith, the demand decreases.. when demand decreases.. YOU GUESSED IT... The GTAA loses money.
So instead of resting on your laurels, which should only happen when you are running a tight ship with no issues, which the GTAA IS NOT. What everyone at the GTAA needs to do is think of all the money YOU HAVE LOST because of the micro-management blunders over the past 2 years.

But don't think about this Lost amount for to long. What you need to do is focus on future efforts and how you are going to raise the confidence in the alumni, raise the demand for GT football, and in turn raise twice as much as you probably could have otherwise.

With a lot of PR work and solid communication with the alumni from both the AD and more importantly the GTAA overall, there is no reason at all that you guys cannot turn the GTAA's image around within the next year.

And I am as SERIOUS as a heart attack!

BEESerk .. dave braine asked for money on *behalf* of who?

is he pocketing the money?

i have not donated any money to the GTAA .. they gave me an honorary membership to the first and ten club, right?

this is not just any company in the NASDAQ or the Dow Jones that i am investing in who's CEO is under question.

this is my alma mater!

you whored out your mom if you made a pledge and now renege on it.

it's another matter to not support someone, but you make a pledge, you honor it. was it stated anywhere where you made the pledge that you can renege your pledge if ex number of conditions are not met?

did you set any such conditions before signing of on a pledge?

do you understand the meaning of the word "pledge"?

the only place where i have been schooled in is at TECH and if i make a pledge to support ma tech, i will god damn honor it or die trying. you can do whatever your conscience tells you to.

i need to take a shower .. i have never ever come across such a disgusting post in my life. that includes my various interactions with stupid mutts and kneejerking tech "fans"[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ylojk8, settle down. Beeserk is one of the good guys. He has a very valid point too and he is not alone in the slightest. Although I wouldn't do it myself, I agree that that is his right to hold back his pledge if he does not see the necessary changes being made in the organization he made that pledge to.

Beeserk operated in "good faith" when making the pledge. The GTAA needs to operate in "good faith" by increasing Beesrk's confidence in their organization. It goes both ways, and he has every right to do it.

If people didn't do that, we'd be supporting incompetence.

once again, my pledge is not supporting anyone but Tech. it's not supporting braine, it's not supporting incompetence, it's not supporting anything but Tech.

i made that pledge because dave braine represented tech and asked me to help tech with its stadium expansion. that is what that money is for.

there's nothing anywhere in any literature that BEEserk talked about, about pledging in "good faith" .. bullshit!

that pledge was made for stadium expansion, it was made unconditionally. anyone who would even think about reneging pledged dollars to the GTAA is whoring out their mothers. that dollar amount is counted upon ..

it's like you promising your mom that you'd pay for a new dress for a special date with her current boyfriend. some events occur which make you feel that your mom's boyfriend isn't good enough.

so now you tell your mom who's already bought the new dress you promised you'd pay for that she can go to hell, cause her current boyfriend sucks. she won't be getting any money that you promised you'd give her.

so where does that leave your mom? stuck with a boyfriend who you don't like and a dress which she cannot afford, which you promised you'd help her pay.

great

once again, my pledge is not supporting anyone but Tech. it's not supporting braine, it's not supporting incompetence, it's not supporting anything but Tech.

i made that pledge because dave braine represented tech and asked me to help tech with its stadium expansion. that is what that money is for.

there's nothing anywhere in any literature that BEEserk talked about, about pledging in "good faith" .. bullshit!

that pledge was made for stadium expansion, it was made unconditionally. anyone who would even think about reneging pledged dollars to the GTAA is whoring out their mothers. that dollar amount is counted upon ..

it's like you promising your mom that you'd pay for a new dress for a special date with her current boyfriend. some events occur which make you feel that your mom's boyfriend isn't good enough.

so now you tell your mom who's already bought the new dress you promised you'd pay for that she can go to hell, cause her current boyfriend sucks. she won't be getting any money that you promised you'd give her.

so where does that leave your mom? stuck with a boyfriend who you don't like and a dress which she cannot afford, which you promised you'd help her pay.

great
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">My goodness! How did ineffective leadership get attached to whoring out your mother?
wtf.gif

You have a lot to learn about life my son.

great
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Afraid I'm in lockstep with BOR & BEESERK on this one, jlo... tell your story walking...

still not able to find someone to fill out the space you have for rent under your skull beebad?

don't jump into discussions totally irrelevant to your realm.

you don't give a penny to the AA, you don't buy season tix, hell you don't go to a single game at BDS.

ur with BOR and BEEserk on this one. LOL

hey BoR and BEESerk .. you've got GREAT company and you're very welcome to it.

I heard Coleman today and I agree with him about Gailey. He was quite realistic - said Gailey knows football but GT needs a different personality for a coach. IMO, Coleman finds no pleasure in the state of GT football as it is today. He would be a liar if he said all was hunky-dory.

Wow, go away for some sleep and there are 40 new replies... Anyway, Catjacket I appreciate the update and hope that the fundraising gets done. But that doesnt mean it has not been a fiasco. Trust me. I know what has been going on and you know. I hope everything gets done but that doesnt mean the organization has been anywhere near efficient, handled properly, drummed up even more support. I would never compare the strategy of our fundraising to Arthur Blank model for the once-pathetic Falcon Organization. His is a case study for all in Marketing, and there is no reason, WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE IN PLACE, we shouldnt have the same thing at GT...Earlier someone was wondering if I was a young alumnus. Actually, not too young, been out around 15 years but grew up going to games under Pepper all the way until now. I have watched time and time again, Tech alumns do absolutely nothing about certain situations- yet this year has definitely been different. Coleman Rudolph would be the first to give Gailey credit where credit is due. He likes Gailey as a person, and I think everyone here does too. I also agree, as does Coleman, that he does deserve a chance-because it's the right thing to do. That doesnt mean he believes he is the right man for Tech. And Tech IS A DIFFERENT PLACE. But, with that said, I also believe that the structure around Gailey obviously was a hornets nest when he came in... Enough said on this. I hope he totally proves me wrong and I can eat more crow than Coleman.

FWIW, here's my two-cents;

One of the first post that I made on
Stingtalk talked about the lack of
discipline that I saw at the GT football
practices last year.

Coach Gailey obviously does not realize that
he is still dealing with "kids." These "kids"
still need discipline. Strong discipline makes
for strong leadership and good chemistry.

I never saw any leadership or chemistry on last
year's edition of the Yellow Jackets.

Despite what many of you think or believe, Coleman
Rudolph is a Yellow Jacket, through and through,
his heart bleeds "old gold."

Coleman was raised a "Yellow Jacket", his dad
Jake was a great player for Coach Dodd.

So it irks this OF to no-end to see some of you
folks rip Coleman for speaking his mind. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or football
guru to figure out what was wrong with our football team last year. There was no discipline
and very little coaching.

And the buck stops with the Head Coach.

So some of you folks need to get off of Coleman,
because the guy knows what he is talking about.

He is hurting just like all the rest of us are,
he loves Georgia Tech and what it stands for!

Originally posted by BeeBad:
Teresa... you may want to mention to braine, gailey & the gang that a fairly hefty % of that $45 million in donations hasn't been collected yet & if they don't get their heads out of their lower intestinal tracts soon it ain't gonna happen... Ask the UN how well it is doing collecting the $1 Bil that Ted pledged before the stock market tanked...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Tread lightly Beebad...you've already called out
other posters here for being less than accomodating
to female posters.

You don't want to look hypocritical do you?

Back