Coleman Rudolph on 680 today...

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
Jacketguy, lighten up just a bit. 1) Coleman doesnt work at 680 full time- a hobby. Yes a hobby. 2) He does get good ratings- which is what RADIO is all about 3) If everything was going outstanding at Tech- we had a disciplined team, 10 guys hadnt failed out, we had Tony Hollings back, the large donor alumni werent pissed off, the team hadnt quit in of all games our rival, we had strong assistant coaches (Tenuta probably good), and again we had a strict disciplinarian as a coach, then Coleman would be the first to be excited about Tech. He actually pissed off the UGA fans last year cause he predicted in August that they would win the SEC. Why were they pissed? Becuase they actually thought he was going to come out and trash them-typical DAWG fans. He said if they didnt win the SEC Champ. he would tatoo a G to his behind. And they did. He didnt just make it up- he studied what they had coming back and that was both lines- D and O. And that's where it starts. My point is- Come August when they start analyzing the year and teams- listen because he puts the farce Max Howell and Buck to shame when it comes down to facts. He is looking at the facts and basically his opinion is we are not going to be good. Screw the homer crap for Godsakes. I looked at all the magazines this week while out of town and we are picked 6-8 in the ACC. Sounds like he is in the consensus and he knows more of what's going on down there than they do. As Coleman says, hopefully we dont have anymore casualties in summer school and certain people pass calculus this summer- and those are facts my friend..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I hear what you are saying Gnome.. but I also heard him say that he had not looked at their opponents for the year (didnt know what BYU had this year etc.. time will tell if he knows what he is talking about or not.. and I am not saying that its bad to say that "Tech will only win 4 games".. but it could have been framed in a more positive way.. and I agree completely with your comments concerning Max and Buck.. actually Max was the reason I quit listening to the station, sort of ironic, he was the reason I began listening, and was also the reason I stopped.. he is out of touch.. but still wants to believe that he is in the loop... he needs to retire.

I guess it's all in how you look at it. To me, when we beat NCSU, we were playing our game.

The UGAG game was a miracle for UGaG: those of us who showed up got hurt.

But then, I'm a Tech fan. I take no pride in mouthin' my own team. Who's your team, gnome?

Hi, my name is Teresa Irish. I'm the Administrative Office Manager at GTAA, and I am Dave Braine's assistant. I have not posted on Stingtalk since General Wood "outed" me a couple of months ago (please note that I am still not using his given name). I am here because of a huge untruth about stadium fundraising in Gnome's post. Jack Thompson and his staff, and Dave Braine, have raised $45 million of the $50 million dollar goal toward stadium fundraising. This is nothing short of amazing in today's economy. In fact, fundraising at every ACC school EXCEPT GT is down for 2002-03. This accomplishment should not be misrepresented or disrespected.

This fact can stand on its own.

Belly, Gnome is obviously a Tech fan. He is, in my guesstamation, a young Tech fan that has the privilege of experiencing more good than bad with regard to wins and losses.

He is a realist about our chances this year. So is Rudolph. Ex Players have a more realistic vision because they didn't have the opportunity to have fun tailgaiting with their buddies like we did, talking about return to glory.

I never played football past highschool, but I would think that handicapping winners and losers today is predictable. The upsets are just that.

For me as an old fart, I will believe what Coach Dodd tried to impart on his team: You boys become a little better when you put on that Ga. Tech uniform. (Belly, I could not find your quote)

Both ways of looking at it are valid. I choose to view this year as the so called experts are wrong. What else is there to do if I am wrong? GO JACKETS!!!

Originally posted by catjacket:
Hi, my name is Teresa Irish. I'm the Administrative Office Manager at GTAA, and I am Dave Braine's assistant. I have not posted on Stingtalk since General Wood "outed" me a couple of months ago (please note that I am still not using his given name). I am here because of a huge untruth about stadium fundraising in Gnome's post. Jack Thompson and his staff, and Dave Braine, have raised $45 million of the $50 million dollar goal toward stadium fundraising. This is nothing short of amazing in today's economy. In fact, fundraising at every ACC school EXCEPT GT is down for 2002-03. This accomplishment should not be misrepresented or disrespected.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">How much of that $45 million has been collected & how much of it is pledges?

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">catjacket .. don't waste your time trying to correct every factual error posted on message boards. there is not enough time and there are too many errors.

people on message boards deal in opinion and feelings mostly and on stingtalk especially. very very few here are insiders and have any facts. most only speculate.

it's good to see you here defending your boss. i hope he isn't resting on his laurels that he raised money for the stadium. he needs to really work hard if he hopes to raise any more money from tech fans in the future. what he did regarding carole moore after o'leary left is unfathomable.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanks for the post catjacket.

I did follow general wood’s postings in considerable detail as the academic problems were unfolding, I must have missed the "outing" posting. If it occurred as you say, I'm sorry to hear it, a real breach of protocol.

I'm glad for you participation and I hope others from GTAA will drop in and share some insight; especially Dave Braine; if he is not already posting under "BeeBad".

Originally posted by Axe:
Coleman just said on 680 the fan that he expected GT to win 3 or 4 games. He also said:

GT could not beat Auburn if we had 15 players on the field.

He also said our win over NCSU last year was a miracle.

Just wanted to give the out towners a feel for the typical day of sports talk radio in Atlanta.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It's a shame I can't take that 15 players bet. I'd take him to the cleaners.

Just wonder what Coleman thought of the "experts" that said we had no chance against UVA in our NC campaign. Can't believe an ex-player of all people giving up on a game before it's even played.

good point ncj.

he really idolizes bobby ross but forgets how bad ross stunk it up before understanding what it takes to succeed at tech.

but all his gab fits really well with stingtalk chatter. it's good.

i like that we pulled out a miracle win against NCSt. our 90 MNC campaign had several miracle wins.

it'll be great when football season is here so that we can stop speculating.

Originally posted by 71YellowJacket:
I'm glad for you participation and I hope others from GTAA will drop in and share some insight; especially Dave Braine; if he is not already posting under "BeeBad".
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ROTF!
xxrotflmao.gif

Beebad, to answer your question from my pov, 50% of my pledge has been paid, and 50% remains in my pocket. Its not all that much, but my guess is that I am typical. Doesn't the campaign run though 2005? If so, then there is still lots of money to collect.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Welll... while we are clearing up facts, could you clear up a few more for us since "Coach" Braine isn't exactly forthright in letting us know what is really going on. I would like to know for fact:

1)Did "Coach" EVER discuss the possibility of moving the UGAG game to the Georgia Dome?

2)Has "Coach" gotten the $1.5 million from O'Leary yet?

3)Did "Coach" make the decision to continue with a $70 million expansion in order to gain a 15k increase even after the person who demanded it was gone? Lets see... that puts it at roughy $4500 a seat.

4)Is it true that season tickets sales were down 6% this year?

5)Is it true that "Coach" was aware and approved of a reserved parking program only 30 days before the start of the 2002 season?

6)Is is true that "Coach" is aware and approved of an increase in costs for said reserved parking?

7)Did "Coach" approve of the "enhanced seating"?

8)Can you confirm or deny that ALL of the enhanced seats have been sold?

9)Can you confirm or deny that ALL of the enhanced seats were sold to GT alumni, season ticket holders, or fans?

10)Did "Coach" ever say something to the effect that current (many who are lifelong) season tickets holders would NOT get worse seats due to the "enhanced seating"?

11)Is it fact that "Coach" is directly responsible for one of the most embarrassing events in the history of GTAA (the flunkouts)?

12)Is it fact that "Coach" knows it takes more than one semester to completely flunk out of Tech?

13)Is it fact that "Coach" scheduled us with UCONN for more than just a home and home (I understand the need to schedule them when we did, don't get me wrong)?

14)Is it fact that "Coach"'s son is a vice-president of ISP Sports?

15)Is it fact that "Coach" kept renewing the contract of one of the most underperforming Head Women's basketball coaches in the nation, only to have her quit for a better job after her only good season?

16)Is it fact that "Coach" felt it was a good idea to write a "letter of confidence", knowing that the AJC couldn't wait to make a laughing stock out of our program?

17)Is it fact or rumor that "Coach" tendered his resignation within the past 6 months?

I figure those are enough rumors for you to "clarify" and make "factual" for now. I seriously don't know the answers to all of them. I would love to know the truth, and I seriously mean that.

p.s. I can tell you that the $45 million she speaks of only contains the amount I had actually paid before we lost half our 2 deep due to "Coach"'s mistake.
pat.gif

Why does one have to be 'tuned in' to state the obvious???
What Coleman said 10 months ago was fairly correct AND his predicted outcome of the situation was correct... Less discipline on the Flats spells trouble for SA's AND students...
geez the truth hurts sometimes but that's what it was when he said it and that's what it is now... I'll give Gailey another season to mature to the TECH routine and regime but there are plenty of things that need fixing and not many excuses remaining this season... granted we've one heck of a schedule... It's not all about wins and losses to me but instead how the team carries themselves to the game, on the field, and off the field... anyone who expects to win every game at TECH is an Ostrich... that being said I expect to see well disciplined, organized game plans...
The points that Coleman made last season were of the vein that if there is no off field direction at TECH then there will most likely be little on the field as well...
Anyone care to disagree??? Show me where he was wrong...

Originally posted by BEESerk:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by catjacket:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Welll... while we are clearing up facts, could you clear up a few more for us since "Coach" Braine isn't exactly forthright in letting us know what is really going on. I would like to know for fact:

1)Did "Coach" EVER discuss the possibility of moving the UGAG game to the Georgia Dome?

2)Has "Coach" gotten the $1.5 million from O'Leary yet?

3)Did "Coach" make the decision to continue with a $70 million expansion in order to gain a 15k increase even after the person who demanded it was gone? Lets see... that puts it at roughy $4500 a seat.

4)Is it true that season tickets sales were down 6% this year?

5)Is it true that "Coach" was aware and approved of a reserved parking program only 30 days before the start of the 2002 season?

6)Is is true that "Coach" is aware and approved of an increase in costs for said reserved parking?

7)Did "Coach" approve of the "enhanced seating"?

8)Can you confirm or deny that ALL of the enhanced seats have been sold?

9)Can you confirm or deny that ALL of the enhanced seats were sold to GT alumni, season ticket holders, or fans?

10)Did "Coach" ever say something to the effect that current (many who are lifelong) season tickets holders would NOT get worse seats due to the "enhanced seating"?

11)Is it fact that "Coach" is directly responsible for one of the most embarrassing events in the history of GTAA (the flunkouts)?

12)Is it fact that "Coach" knows it takes more than one semester to completely flunk out of Tech?

13)Is it fact that "Coach" scheduled us with UCONN for more than just a home and home (I understand the need to schedule them when we did, don't get me wrong)?

14)Is it fact that "Coach"'s son is a vice-president of ISP Sports?

15)Is it fact that "Coach" kept renewing the contract of one of the most underperforming Head Women's basketball coaches in the nation, only to have her quit for a better job after her only good season?

16)Is it fact that "Coach" felt it was a good idea to write a "letter of confidence", knowing that the AJC couldn't wait to make a laughing stock out of our program?

17)Is it fact or rumor that "Coach" tendered his resignation within the past 6 months?

I figure those are enough rumors for you to "clarify" and make "factual" for now. I seriously don't know the answers to all of them. I would love to know the truth, and I seriously mean that.

p.s. I can tell you that the $45 million she speaks of only contains the amount I had actually paid before we lost half our 2 deep due to "Coach"'s mistake.
pat.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beeserk... you don't post much anymore, but this one was certainly worth the wait.. When finished reading, I was dang near out of breath...

Originally posted by Axe:
Coleman just said on 680 the fan that he expected GT to win 3 or 4 games. He also said:

GT could not beat Auburn if we had 15 players on the field.

He also said our win over NCSU last year was a miracle.

Just wanted to give the out towners a feel for the typical day of sports talk radio in Atlanta.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hate to think about it,...but Coleman is right on the money as usual. Only wish more folks on the Hill and on Stingtalk got it.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Teresa... you may want to mention to braine, gailey & the gang that a fairly hefty % of that $45 million in donations hasn't been collected yet & if they don't get their heads out of their lower intestinal tracts soon it ain't gonna happen... Ask the UN how well it is doing collecting the $1 Bil that Ted pledged before the stock market tanked...

so beeserk are you basically stating that you are going to renege your pledge?

BEEserk,
Very good questions!!! I wonder if catjacket has picked out a comfortable lifeboat for when the USS Braine slips into the murky deep.
BOO

Originally posted by bellyseries:
I guess it's all in how you look at it. To me, when we beat NCSU, we were playing our game.

The UGAG game was a miracle for UGaG: those of us who showed up got hurt.

But then, I'm a Tech fan. I take no pride in mouthin' my own team. Who's your team, gnome?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">My team is Georgia Tech and I'm pissed off at Gailey and Braine for the way they are killing our program. Don't ever equate my hatred of CG as some sort of negative on my 'Jackets. It's just the opposite,... it's my deep devotion to the progam that makes my Old Gold blood boil at what the current powers have done.

GATA JACKETS

Back