FWIW, here's my two-cents;

One of the first post that I made on
Stingtalk talked about the lack of
discipline that I saw at the GT football
practices last year.

Coach Gailey obviously does not realize that
he is still dealing with "kids." These "kids"
still need discipline. Strong discipline makes
for strong leadership and good chemistry.

I never saw any leadership or chemistry on last
year's edition of the Yellow Jackets.

Despite what many of you think or believe, Coleman
Rudolph is a Yellow Jacket, through and through,
his heart bleeds "old gold."

Coleman was raised a "Yellow Jacket", his dad
Jake was a great player for Coach Dodd.

So it irks this OF to no-end to see some of you
folks rip Coleman for speaking his mind. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or football
guru to figure out what was wrong with our football team last year. There was no discipline
and very little coaching.

And the buck stops with the Head Coach.

So some of you folks need to get off of Coleman,
because the guy knows what he is talking about.

He is hurting just like all the rest of us are,
he loves Georgia Tech and what it stands for!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">OGB: Excellent, excellent post and to the point about who is hurting and why - well said!

"Pledges" are a part of fund raising at every
school I would imagine. While we cannot bank
on $45 million worth of pledges we can probably
feel good about the fact that fund raising, which
includes pledges, is up at Tech while it is down
at other schools.

The bottom line comparison here isn't about how
much of the $45 million has been deposited, but
how we compare to other schools.

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
"Pledges" are a part of fund raising at every
school I would imagine. While we cannot bank
on $45 million worth of pledges we can probably
feel good about the fact that fund raising, which
includes pledges, is up at Tech while it is down
at other schools.

The bottom line comparison here isn't about how
much of the $45 million has been deposited, but
how we compare to other schools.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Before you start putting blind trust into this comparison, I think we all need to dig a little deeper on this.

I noticed that she left out by what statistical comparison that fundraising is up for us, but down for the ACC.

Are other schools doing major captial fundraising campaigns currently? Are other schools doing a $70 million expansion? Is she speaking of overall fundraising, percentage of alumni that are giving, average gift per alumni?

I will give credit where credit is due, but she needs to clarify exactly what she is talking about, and compare apples to apples.

Just a couple of comments. First, I appreciate everything Coleman did at Tech. He was one of my favorite players on the NC team. But, I still take issue with anyone who claims to be a Tech fan and supporter who goes on sports radio and makes some of the comments attributed to him. Mainly because it seems to have gone beyond objective reporting.

Any Tech fan who says, on the air that 1) we will stink, 2) we couldn't beat Auburn with 15 on the field and 3) beating NCSU last year was a miracle has given up any claim to being a Tech fan to me. If he said it at a tailgate, that's one thing. To say it over the air is something else.

Like I've said before. If he's still connected at the AA (and many of you have alluded to that) then he has other ways to make changes and to voice his concerns. Doing it on the air in Atlanta is ridiculous. And the fact that he played for Tech and grew up in a Tech family doesn't make him immune from either bad judgement or criticism.

Wow, I would say Coleman is pretty damn good at his job to get this kind of response to his gig yesterday. Some people are placing way too much in what he said on a sports talk show. He is supposed to be controversial, it is what makes people listen. Hats off Coleman, you did good. As far as approving what he said, I am not sure I have heard much different on the various message boards.

I also applaud the AA worker who posted. However, my concerns with Tech football have moved passed Gailey and rest squarely with Dave Braine. He knows he is ineffective as a leader otherwise why would he have tendered his resignation (at least according to the AJC). Ylo is wrong in that Braine does ask for donations for himself as he is paid from AT funds. Ahso states he doesn't know if Braine is effective or not, and then states in the next sentence that how could we expect the Coach to succeed when he was saddled with a disgruntled OC and players. Well who saddled him with thos burdens?

The AA has some serious customer service issues it needs to address and they could have gone a long way to doing that if Braine had been allowed to stepped aside. Frankly this whole Va Tech connection to our AA and school reeks of incest and is making me sick.

ncjacket- There is a serious problem with our AA. It starts at the top. There is only one way at this point- BECAUSE NOTHING ELSE HAS WORKED- and that is a mantra for those to understand they have failed and resign. I am not talking about Gailey. The problems start at top- the ultimate top is deaf ears (that doesnt mean he understands the situation). The only way to start a mantra is to send a letter and to continue to let the AA know that status quo is unacceptable and heads do need to roll. Coleman has every right as a Tech person to voice his opinion to try and make changes if he believes it's right. Screw the gold colored crap of hiding until it's too late. It can be fixed and fixed quickly to what I alluded to earlier which is a plan to fix the AA, bring back the alumns, and then fix the football situation. Again, if I am wrong and Coleman is wrong then we all look like buffoons- but it will MOST probably be a long year. You have to start at the Top to fix it. And dont think it doesnt need fixing because I assure you it does-before its too late.

Gnome, I don't even disagree with you. You guys are much closer to the program than I am and you may very well be right that we need drastic changes. I still say however that the way to get those changes made if you're Coleman Rudolph, someone who I assume has access to Drew Hearn and the high profile big $$ donors is to convince them. Not go on the radio and make us look like fools in our hometown. If that's not what he's doing then I misunderstood what others are saying. Obviously I haven't heard any of his radio spots. But from what I am told he is making fun of our current team, our coaches and our program. If that's not what he's doing, I apologize. But I don't know how else you take "we can't beat Auburn with 15 on the field". For crissakes, it's only Auburn!!! Of course we can beat them. I'm not predicting we will, but to give up now is terrible.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Gnome, I don't even disagree with you. You guys are much closer to the program than I am and you may very well be right that we need drastic changes. I still say however that the way to get those changes made if you're Coleman Rudolph, someone who I assume has access to Drew Hearn and the high profile big $$ donors is to convince them. Not go on the radio and make us look like fools in our hometown. If that's not what he's doing then I misunderstood what others are saying. Obviously I haven't heard any of his radio spots. But from what I am told he is making fun of our current team, our coaches and our program. If that's not what he's doing, I apologize. But I don't know how else you take "we can't beat Auburn with 15 on the field". For crissakes, it's only Auburn!!! Of course we can beat them. I'm not predicting we will, but to give up now is terrible.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NC.. from what I've heard, , most of the big money people are in lockstep.. they don't like gailey.... and by Coleman's words it is obvious that they don't respect him... Quite frankly even I am surprised by what he said yesterday.. the part about the football team "stinking".. geez, we don't even say it in those strong a words on here...

Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ncjacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NC.. from what I've heard, , most of the big money people are in lockstep.. they don't like gailey.... and by Coleman's words it is obvious that they don't respect him... Quite frankly even I am surprised by what he said yesterday.. the part about the football team "stinking".. geez, we don't even say it in those strong a words on here...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Perhaps Coleman said it because he is a bonehead? Also, if all the "big money" alumni are in lock step against Gailey, how come it isn't HUGE news? I would think they could put up a Michael Adams type campaign quite easily. Until otherwise demonstrated, these are only rumors and innuendo about our coach

Originally posted by JJacket:
Until otherwise demonstrated, these are only rumors and innuendo about our coach
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And not very persuasive rumors, either, for the reasons JJacket gives.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by JJacket:
Until otherwise demonstrated, these are only rumors and innuendo about our coach
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And not very persuasive rumors, either, for the reasons JJacket gives.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">C'mon Belly, I know you are better than that! Surely you realize it is the non-alumni ugags (otherwise known as "the fan base") that are trying to oust Adams!
tongue.gif

For the record though....

It WAS news, and it was Braine they were trying to oust, not Gailey.

Originally posted by BEESerk:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by bellyseries:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by JJacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And not very persuasive rumors, either, for the reasons JJacket gives.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">C'mon Belly, I know you are better than that! Surely you realize it is the non-alumni ugags (otherwise known as "the fan base") that are trying to oust Adams!
tongue.gif

For the record though....

It WAS news, and it was Braine they were trying to oust, not Gailey.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I thought the leader of the mob at UGAg was some alumnus that said he wasn't gonna give his customary million or so to them this year. And ther was some running back fella that played there in the early eighties that threw a little kerosene on the fire.

If we were news. It obviously wasn't an organized effort and thus not very big news because it seems to have gotten nowhere.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Just a couple of comments. First, I appreciate everything Coleman did at Tech. He was one of my favorite players on the NC team. But, I still take issue with anyone who claims to be a Tech fan and supporter who goes on sports radio and makes some of the comments attributed to him. Mainly because it seems to have gone beyond objective reporting.

Any Tech fan who says, on the air that 1) we will stink, 2) we couldn't beat Auburn with 15 on the field and 3) beating NCSU last year was a miracle has given up any claim to being a Tech fan to me. If he said it at a tailgate, that's one thing. To say it over the air is something else.

Like I've said before. If he's still connected at the AA (and many of you have alluded to that) then he has other ways to make changes and to voice his concerns. Doing it on the air in Atlanta is ridiculous. And the fact that he played for Tech and grew up in a Tech family doesn't make him immune from either bad judgement or criticism.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">YES NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!! THERE ARE BETTER WAYS TO VOICE YOUR CONCERNS. SOME OF YOU PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET IT INCLUDING SOME OLD GT FOOTBALL PLAYERS. AND YES I WILL TELL IT TO THEM IN THEIR FACE!!!!!!

An update to this post: Based on some homework I did, the $45 million that was mentioned is either already collected or secured assets. It doesn't count those whimps that commit and then bail in tough times. Still waiting for Coleman to address the team as a whole and tell them that 15 of them couldn't beat Auburn.

Originally posted by oldgoldbee:
FWIW, here's my two-cents;

One of the first post that I made on
Stingtalk talked about the lack of
discipline that I saw at the GT football
practices last year.

Coach Gailey obviously does not realize that
he is still dealing with "kids." These "kids"
still need discipline. Strong discipline makes
for strong leadership and good chemistry.

I never saw any leadership or chemistry on last
year's edition of the Yellow Jackets.

Despite what many of you think or believe, Coleman
Rudolph is a Yellow Jacket, through and through,
his heart bleeds "old gold."

Coleman was raised a "Yellow Jacket", his dad
Jake was a great player for Coach Dodd.

So it irks this OF to no-end to see some of you
folks rip Coleman for speaking his mind. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or football
guru to figure out what was wrong with our football team last year. There was no discipline
and very little coaching.

And the buck stops with the Head Coach.

So some of you folks need to get off of Coleman,
because the guy knows what he is talking about.

He is hurting just like all the rest of us are,
he loves Georgia Tech and what it stands for!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">OGB.. while I respect your opinion... my take is a little different..

You are absolutely right about last years team.. no discipline, no chemistry, no leadership.. but last year IS NOT the first time we have seen this behavior during recent seasons. Just because a coach lets his temper fly on the sideline does not equate to proper discipline for a team.

And you COULD be right about Gailey not realizing that he is dealing with kids... but before I made an emphatic statement to that point, I would need a conversation with Gailey first.. and in terms of the chemistry etc.. in my opinion, I have seen little chemistry on a Tech football team since Woody ran all over us at BDS.

Whether Coleman was raised a yellowjacket or not has nothing to do with what is appropriate or not.. I dont care if he has Tech toilet tissue in his house and the family gets together every Sunday morning and sings Ramblin Wreck.. his statements on the radion the other day were inflammatory, with not even an ounce of support. Whether he made those remarks for radio ratings etc. or not.. I dont care.. in my opinion, they were inappropriate. Not that his opinion was inappropriate, the style in which the message was delivered was inappropriate. It is perfectly fine to point out the negative.. but whether some of you on this board like it or not.. there are still alot of positive surrounding this years team as well... he could have balanced the message appropriately..

The buck does stop with the coach, I believe he is hired to perform, if he doesnt, then take action.. but as I have stated so many times before, he needs time to do the job.. his job.

In my opinion, Coleman does not know what he is talking about.. I lost a degree of respect for him the other day.

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
What's appropriate is for major changes to be made at the AA. If you think that what Coleman said is inappropriate, you havent seen anything yet from others connected with GT if there are no changes made, trust me.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gnome: I know from which you speak!
shocked.gif

Originally posted by GTechsta:
An update to this post: Based on some homework I did, the $45 million that was mentioned is either already collected or secured assets. It doesn't count those whimps that commit and then bail in tough times. Still waiting for Coleman to address the team as a whole and tell them that 15 of them couldn't beat Auburn.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">that is GREAT GTechsta. great indeed.

still can't believe that a tech alum would make a "pledge" and then back out. and people can rationalize that? amazing.

maybe Mr. Rudolph is doing a "we're not man enough" deal. maybe our team can perform another NCSt like miracle. LOL.

jacketguy, i agree with you. i lost a lot of respect for mr. rudolph too. making destructive criticism on the air on a dog station. he is in a position to do something constructive but all he has chosen to do is come up with destructive criticism on the air.

way to go mr. rudolph.

Originally posted by GTechsta:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wimp? Excuse me??????? Surely you jest. Techsta we both have been around the boards for a LONG time, and this is the first time I can ever remember having a beef with somethig you have said.

Explain to me how telling Dave Braine personally that he is incompetent and is destroying our program is "wimpish"? In fact I would consider it just the opposite. It is called "accountablity". Braine is hell bent on pissing every last football fan off in one fashion or another. It is also apparent he is hell bent on eliminating the tailgating experience of good southern college football.

If you don't see it that way, then fine. You have every right to that opinion. Keep writing your checks and watch Dave piss it all away on paying salaries to people who are idiots. Watch Dave keep asking you for more money because he can't sell "enhanced seats". Don't however call me a wimp because I have strong moral character, belief in getting paid to do a good job, and a belief in holding someone accountable for their actions.

I never said I would stop giving to AT or buying tickets. I simply said I will not give Braine the money he asked for in order to fund a Stadium exapnsion that was ill advised, and is biting us right in the ass as we speak.

Originally posted by ylojk8:

still can't believe that a tech alum would make a "pledge" and then back out. and people can rationalize that? amazing.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I bet a true Tech fan and Tech man would simply write out a bigger check to make up for the slack of traitors like me.

So are you up to the task Ylo?

BEESerk .. glad to hear that the stadium expansion was ill advised. now that you said it, i'm sure it is. i wonder why you pledged a dollar amount for it in the first place. braine smooth talked you i'm sure.

o'leary wanted it done. braine has got it done. o'leary is gone, braine will be gone one day, sooner or later. the stadium expansion is here to stay along with the ACC expansion.

you pledged to donate the money to tech for stadium expansion .. not dave braine. believe whatever you want. yeah, braine is taking credit for it .. i don't care who takes credit for it, the money is going to the stadium expansion.

let me also inform you that that was a legal document. you told your alma mater that you would pay them x amount of $$ on a schedule of so and so and you signed off on it. at least that was how i pledged.

maybe your's is a different case. there were no conditions on the pledge. maybe you put down a list of conditions that were to be met and they are not being met so your pledge is not valid anymore .. some sort of "prenuptial" agreement LOL

oh well. tough times bring out the worst and the best in individuals .. you seem to fall in the former. yeah, let me know how much you "pledged" that you are now going to renege. if i can afford to cover for you, i will definitely do so.

i would also like you to be courteous enough to write an email to dave braine and let him know that you had pledged but won't go through with it so that Tech doesn't you know .. count on you .. you know .. cause you're not worthy of being counted upon by your alma mater.

Back