Collins will be the coach

They went 8-2 down the stretch this year after changing QBs. They look to be on the upswing, not regressing.

I'd take Art Briles in a heartbeat, but obviously his name hasn't really been connected to the job anywhere but on here. I'm curious as to who's on your realistic wish list.
All I know is we have a lot of interest. I thought Briles was realistic. I think GC could be a great coach for us, but he’s also more of a risk than others. When I hear “a lot of interest,” I expect something closer to a sure fire, proven record as coach.

I hope the AJC report is right. If so, we are going to get a great coach. I applaud TS for taking his time and looking at all the candidates.

I wanted PJ in ‘08 and was excited when we got him. But to directly answer your question, I guess I don’t know who is realistic, but I don’t know why Leach or Briles isn’t, and I’d love to have either. I’d also like to have Monken.

That's cause you're a blue-blood. :biggrin:
200w.gif

I think Collins is still a good candidate and better than even money to get it, but we will see.
What does “better than even money to get it” mean? And, for the record, I’ll be incredibly hopeful if we hire GC, and I’ll be intently watching our recruiting in year two (as I will with any coach we hire). When we see year 2 and 3 recruits, we’ll have a real good idea of whether we made a good choice.

native of ga. from a long line of georgians and tennesseans. never said pee can.
Pecan farmer. I say pee can. But I don’t really think that trumps the argument. Honestly I hear it said four ways: pee can, pee con, puh can and puh con.

Pecan farmer. I say pee can. But I don’t really think that trumps the argument. Honestly I hear it said four ways: pee can, pee con, puh can and puh con.
I think 'It's a small world after all' is about to break out...

All I know is we have a lot of interest. I thought Briles was realistic. I think GC could be a great coach for us, but he’s also more of a risk than others. When I hear “a lot of interest,” I expect something closer to a sure fire, proven record as coach.

I hope the AJC report is right. If so, we are going to get a great coach. I applaud TS for taking his time and looking at all the candidates.

I wanted PJ in ‘08 and was excited when we got him. But to directly answer your question, I guess I don’t know who is realistic, but I don’t know why Leach or Briles isn’t, and I’d love to have either. I’d also like to have Monken.

Leach's coaching history is basically in small cities, usually out west. I believe he grew up in Wyoming. I have no clue if we've reached out to him or if he has any interest in coaching in a city like Atlanta, starting over again, etc. Hopefully we at least made an attempt to gauge interest, but who knows.

Briles is an easy sell from an on-field standpoint but a tough sell from an off-field standpoint. Not saying that's fair, but IIWI. He's also 63.

I can't really think of any other sure fire winners (i.e. guys who have histories of success at the P5 level) who we would have a realistic shot at. At least none that are still coaching.

Leach's coaching history is basically in small cities, usually out west. I believe he grew up in Wyoming. I have no clue if we've reached out to him or if he has any interest in coaching in a city like Atlanta, starting over again, etc. Hopefully we at least made an attempt to gauge interest, but who knows.

Briles is an easy sell from an on-field standpoint but a tough sell from an off-field standpoint. Not saying that's fair, but IIWI. He's also 63.

I can't really think of any other sure fire winners (i.e. guys who have histories of success at the P5 level) who we would have a realistic shot at. At least none that are still coaching.

Think he means kendall not art. Right?

Rumors are brewing that the admin at Auburn is blocking Gus from hiring Freeze so Gus threw his hat in the ring for the GT job

Back