Commit

Stefen Scotton, an EE, was the starter at FB and a great example of a student athlete.

http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1228073&postcount=17

254160-jan-1991-running-stefen-scotton-of-the-georgia-gettyimages.jpg

Any chance Roof and Lawson (Sr.) know each other? I'm guessing yes.

There's no way he stays a QB with that rag arm. It's worse than Tevin's arm. And I wasn't that impressed with the WR highlights at all.

:turbonoes: Not even Feb and The Ghost of Tevin's Arm is haunting our offseason. Srsly, no way this kid ever plays QB. He does have definite potential as a runner of some kind. I'd be interested in his fumble stats. Glad he wants to be at Tech.

It's completely unacceptable to not have a better backup plan.
This combined with "Is Johnson trying to ruin our program?" make up the most ridiculous consecutive posts by one poster today.

Is guess CPJ was trying to "ruin" the program signing Vad and Justin?

[crickets]

Another thing, GT is not the kind of school that's gonna have a highly touted qb holding his breath to get a last second offer should the highly touted kid in front of him decommit a week before NSD.

We had no such backup last year behind Justin and none behind Vad the year before.

GT has to go all in on a primary target and hope to land a commit and then hold on for dear life. It's just the way it is.

Tim Byerly is going to beat out all of these dudes. He will be the next in the great line of QB's named Tim, following Tebow.

Go Jackets!

Also look at the talent level he is playing against. McHS plays against top level talent so when he pulls away from the DBs they aren't slow, low level talent. I don't see him at QB not becasue he wouldn't be good enough but rather becasue of JT and Vad. I see him a AB.

Oh and by the way I just wanted to announce I got a great new job and I have decided I am going to go in there and ruin the company. I am going to surround myself with the worst possible employees and I am going to instill policy that just really sucks. I want to run the compnay into the ground so I will be out of work agains in a few years and to boot, I want to screw up my resume so bad no one will rehire me.

Oh and by the way I just wanted to announce I got a great new job and I have decided I am going to go in there and ruin the company. I am going to surround myself with the worst possible employees and I am going to instill policy that just really sucks. I want to run the compnay into the ground so I will be out of work agains in a few years and to boot, I want to screw up my resume so bad no one will rehire me.

Do you have a multi-year contract paying you millions of dollars a year that is owed to you even if they fire you?

Didn't think so.

Do you have a multi-year contract paying you millions of dollars a year that is owed to you even if they fire you?

Didn't think so.

Yeah as a matter of fact I do but it has been my life's goal to be the worst employee the company has ever had. Some would think getting paid millions and being involved in such a great industry would be a great opportunity. But not me. I want my legacy to be "the one" who destroyed the company. It's what I wake up for every morning. Who needs millions??? Maybe if it were billions I might put my goals of bring this company to their knees aside.

Are you arguing that he is sabotaging himself?

No. I obviously don't think he sucks at recruiting on purpose. I was just attacking the idea that its easy to relate to what that kind of job is like by using your own employment experience.

It's a commonly accepted belief that some athletes tend to get lazy after they secure that BIG contract. Why wouldn't that also apply to coaches?

No. I obviously don't think he sucks at recruiting on purpose. I was just attacking the idea that its easy to relate to what that kind of job is like by using your own employment experience.

It's a commonly accepted belief that some athletes tend to get lazy after they secure that BIG contract. Why wouldn't that also apply to coaches?

A player's career is shorter than a coach's career. I can see an athlete getting lazy if he doesn't plan to play past the end of his contract, doesn't think past the short term, or is naturally lazy. A coach could have a career until he's Al Groh's age, if he lives long enough.

A player's career is shorter than a coach's career. I can see an athlete getting lazy if he doesn't plan to play past the end of his contract, doesn't think past the short term, or is naturally lazy. A coach could have a career until he's Al Groh's age, if he lives long enough.

Counterpoint: Paul Hewitt.

Back