Committable 2019 offers?

Didn't these kids "tie" for Coastal running the boring high school offense? They play hard and are talented, they will be fine. I like CGC getting in the face of SEC recruiting. If he coaches 1/2 as well as he markets, next year is gonna be a lot of fun. 1st game against the National Champs. Last game against the National Chumps. What's not to love?

Actually, our last game will be against the 2019 National Championship Runner-up.

Their not really committed! It's nuts to me too, but some of these kids obviously don't know what commitment is.

To be fair to them, the definition of "commitment" in recruiting context hasn't meant what the word means everywhere else for at least a couple of decades, i.e., before any of these kids were born.

A good coaching staff should be able to get bowl eligible with the athletes we have now. If we get 6-7 wins each of the next 2 years and improve recruiting, I will be optimistic that CGC can deliver a top 25 team with regularity down the road.
Top 25 recruiting class, or Top 25 end of season rankings? I suppose one follows the other.

A good coaching staff should be able to get bowl eligible with the athletes we have now. If we get 6-7 wins each of the next 2 years and improve recruiting, I will be optimistic that CGC can deliver a top 25 team with regularity down the road.
My thoughts as well. I think if we can hold serve for 2 years, then we'll see what we have in CGC. Hopefully not another Pastner.

The difference seems to be the definition of "success". I agree that the team should be good enough for bowl eligibility the next few years.

I don't agree with the 3-5 year notion, we have some talented young players. The last 2 classes have good players.
We still have a lot of holes on Defense and the QB adjustment may be huge. I’d love to see the results next year, but I’m not holding my breath.

I don't agree with the 3-5 year notion, we have some talented young players. The last 2 classes have good players.
We could win 6-7 the next two years but we won’t win the ACC until 2021. That hopefully gets us in the Orange or Cotton semi-final. The National Chanpionship is in Indy that year I think for those of you who like to plan ahead.

:bigthumbup:
We could win 6-7 the next two years but we won’t win the ACC until 2021. That hopefully gets us in the Orange or Cotton semi-final. The National Chanpionship is in Indy that year I think for those of you who like to plan ahead.
I have faith in you coach:bigthumbup:

At this point in time I believe our new coaches will substantially improve our talent level and quicker than I originally thought, but what they do with them in the won/loss column say 2021 I have no idea and will just have to wait and see. I'm not holding out with the belief that we will have very good records the next two seasons, definitely hope I'm wrong. I'm going to enjoy watching the build.

I went to my barber this week and he's a big CFB fan and a dawg supporter, he said CGC had come to his barber shop at the suggestion of someone and that he went by every chair and spoke with every barber and people in the shop. He was really impressed and thinks GT has gotten themselves a good one--me too.

I went to my barber this week and he's a big CFB fan and a dawg supporter, he said CGC had come to his barber shop at the suggestion of someone and that he went by every chair and spoke with every barber and people in the shop. He was really impressed and thinks GT has gotten themselves a good one--me too.
Is this Tommy's?

I used to go there years ago, but of late have been getting my hair cut at the same place CPJ went. Not sure CGC has enough hair to really serve as a model on this.

What is your objective evidence that we have enough talented young players to be in the top half of the ACC?

Because Tech was one of the five teams in the league to win 5+ conference games last year. Why can't we do the same with the new staff?

Because we have no returning starting quarterback, no returning tight ends at all, and the rest of the offensive personnel was selected for a specialized niche offense and we have no idea how they will adapt?

College personnel turns over at a rate (over) 25% a year. Last year's performance is rarely a good indicator.

Besides, the question is if we have enough young players for the future, so past performance is about the worst measure you can trot out in the discussion.

Because we finished in the top half of the ACC 9 out of 11 seasons with pretty similar rosters under CPJ.

With a losing record in conference the last four years, which is more relevant that what happened a decade ago. So what is your objective evidence?

I can see what the intra-Tech fan fight is going to be the next few years. Geoff is going to underperform Paul's record on the field, but it will be Paul's fault because Geoff is outperforming Paul's performance in recruiting and Geoff just needs a little more time.

Great times ahead.

What is your objective evidence that we have enough talented young players to be in the top half of the ACC?
Others answered for me. You think all the players recruited came from 3-O offenses in High School and that's the only offense the have ever known? CPJ attempted to recruit for football talent over just system, TE position excluded, just like every other coach.

Back