Committable 2019 offers?

1. German DL Darkwa
2. Lawrenceville DE Evans
3. Harrisburg WR Burnett
4. Clearwater TE Seither
5. Birmingham DL Lockhart
6. Rome RB Famous Jamious
7. FL LB Brothers

Is that it? 7 outstanding offers? Hoping we land 4-5 of these especially the DL/LBs.
My guesses:

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No
5. No
6. Yes
7. No
8. Maryland LB Blount - Yes

Others answered for me. You think all the players recruited came from 3-O offenses in High School and that's the only offense the have ever known? CPJ attempted to recruit for football talent over just system, TE position excluded, just like every other coach.

I would advise you not to say what I think, since you get it wrong. I'll say what I think.

I said they were selected for how they would fit in CPJ's offense, and did not say anything about their system backgrounds. Dowdy was an example of an option lineman who would not otherwise get into a P5 school. WR's need to block first. And so on. So it is not just the TE.

Our positional numbers are all out of whack, for any other offense, not just the lack of tight ends.

Our team needs to be transformed, top to bottom. That is underway. Not saying the old way was bad, although it gave us mediocre numbers with a decadal spike, once GC's 2007 batch aged out. I am saying everything has to change. The defense is used to this change, too used to it, with the DC revolving door. At least now they get translatable benefit to going against our first two teams.

So how long will this transformation take? I dunno. Not too concerned about the length of time. But I know we are starting with very limited depth and a Temple level of talent, which is what the recruiting rankings suggest. We won't be where we should be for a couple of more recruiting classes.

Will we be bowl-eligible? Dunno. We might. The team seems to be taking to the new regime, and the new regime has some translatable principles that should benefit a team with less talent than the competition (emphasis on special teams, turnovers, etc.) But the enemies of the new coach are setting a floor that is absurd. They are saying that the worst situation for a new coach should be a continuation of a normal situation for the old coach. That is what I am arguing about.

(Continued, cuz this board sucks.)

I think we will lose a game or two due to lack of depth. Not happy about it, but IIWII.

I would advise you not to say what I think, since you get it wrong. I'll say what I think.

I said they were selected for how they would fit in CPJ's offense, and did not say anything about their system backgrounds. Dowdy was an example of an option lineman who would not otherwise get into a P5 school. WR's need to block first. And so on. So it is not just the TE.

Our positional numbers are all out of whack, for any other offense, not just the lack of tight ends.

Our team needs to be transformed, top to bottom. That is underway. Not saying the old way was bad, although it gave us mediocre numbers with a decadal spike, once GC's 2007 batch aged out. I am saying everything has to change. The defense is used to this change, too used to it, with the DC revolving door. At least now they get translatable benefit to going against our first two teams.

So how long will this transformation take? I dunno. Not too concerned about the length of time. But I know we are starting with very limited depth and a Temple level of talent, which is what the recruiting rankings suggest. We won't be where we should be for a couple of more recruiting classes.

Will we be bowl-eligible? Dunno. We might. The team seems to be taking to the new regime, and the new regime has some translatable principles that should benefit a team with less talent than the competition (emphasis on special teams, turnovers, etc.) But the enemies of the new coach are setting a floor that is absurd. They are saying that the worst situation for a new coach should be a continuation of a normal situation for the old coach. That is what I am arguing about.

Ok, sparky. You hold the line against the enemies. :bfd:

There is a kid on twitter claiming he got an offer from GT tonight but I think it's a hoax. Seems fishy.

There is a kid on twitter claiming he got an offer from GT tonight but I think it's a hoax. Seems fishy.

You never know for sure if a kid is offered by anyone. You just know if he signs a LOI the school sends him. And even then some schools intentionally muddy the water. I don't worry about offer lists.

247 shows about 75 2020 kids with GT offers. Many with numbers approaching 1.000 next to their names.

So the offers are out there.

You never know for sure if a kid is offered by anyone. You just know if he signs a LOI the school sends him. And even then some schools intentionally muddy the water. I don't worry about offer lists.

247 shows about 75 2020 kids with GT offers. Many with numbers approaching 1.000 next to their names.

So the offers are out there.
This is a 2019 “recruit” named Lliam Davis. I hate mentioning his name because I don’t think he has been offered. I am not sure he even exists.

After a little googling, there is such a kicker in St. Pete. Perhaps he was offered a PWO.

Last edited:
This is a 2019 “recruit” named Lliam Davis. I hate mentioning his name because I don’t think he has been offered. I am not sure he even exists.

After a little googling, there is such a kicker in St. Pete. Perhaps he was offered a PWO.

I would think if we were to offer a kicker, which is a big if, it would be Fitzgerald out of Colquitt.

Tampa Bay Times and Maxpreps say he exists.

Has a frat athlete body and is 5-9, but who knows with kickers? Stats are good. Dunno.

2019 is picked pretty clean, to start after the first signing day.

Apologies if this was posted elsewhere, but Cornelius Evans committed to Tech during his OV today.

Is this Tommy's?

I used to go there years ago, but of late have been getting my hair cut at the same place CPJ went. Not sure CGC has enough hair to really serve as a model on this.
Tommy's son went to Tech. He's a Tech fan.

Because Tech was one of the five teams in the league to win 5+ conference games last year. Why can't we do the same with the new staff?
We can, and we will. We will most certainly be a better overall T-E-A-M than we have been.

But his family does not.

So he'll grow into his frame.
Believe that is his stepfather. His father lives in SC and is not as big. I thought the same thing as you when I saw the pic the night the coaches showed up at his house. But Evans brother plays for Ole Miss and is about 20 pounds heavier.

Back