Committable 2019 offers?

I can see what the intra-Tech fan fight is going to be the next few years. Geoff is going to underperform Paul's record on the field, but it will be Paul's fault because Geoff is outperforming Paul's performance in recruiting and Geoff just needs a little more time.

Great times ahead.

There's enough talent that we could have a pretty good year next year. However, it would be foolish to attempt to draw firm conclusions on the coaching staff one way or the other based on the results of next season. The whole "we won X number of games this year, so why can't we do it next year?" is great and all, but Paul Johnson went from the Orange Bowl to 3-9 in one year, and that was with the same damn quarterback. Each year is a new year.

I actually think some of our skill players are going to be better in the new offense. Transition could lead to a bad loss or two, but 6 wins looks like the floor to me next year.

Others answered for me. You think all the players recruited came from 3-O offenses in High School and that's the only offense the have ever known? CPJ attempted to recruit for football talent over just system, TE position excluded, just like every other coach.

I mostly agree with this, but some of the defenses of CPJ's lower recruiting rankings have been that we went after guys who didn't have the stars and offers but were good system fits.

I can see what the intra-Tech fan fight is going to be the next few years. Geoff is going to underperform Paul's record on the field, but it will be Paul's fault because Geoff is outperforming Paul's performance in recruiting and Geoff just needs a little more time.

Great times ahead.
I was hoping more of the fight we had when CPJ took over and we were told we'd be lucky to win 3 games his first season but CPJ went off the next two seasons and won with Chan's players.

I was hoping more of the fight we had when CPJ took over and we were told we'd be lucky to win 3 games his first season but CPJ went off the next two seasons and won with Chan's players.
I actually think this is possible, if we can get the QB position settled.

but Paul Johnson went from the Orange Bowl to 3-9 in one year, and that was with the same damn quarterback. Each year is a new year.

The ‘14 & ‘16 seasons were in indicative of the same QB. ‘15 with the ridiculous # of injuries accounted for 3-9 more so than uneven coaching.

Regardless, there is enough here to win 6 now. Only CU/Ugag will be solid favorites over GT.

I think that the team wins 7/8 .

Back to the thread, the LB from Maryland evidently does not yet have a scholarship offer. Perhaps he is the backup plan if we don’t get 1-2 LBs with offers.

The ‘14 & ‘16 seasons were in indicative of the same QB. ‘15 with the ridiculous # of injuries accounted for 3-9 more so than uneven coaching.

Regardless, there is enough here to win 6 now. Only CU/Ugag will be solid favorites over GT.

I think that the team wins 7/8 .

We're pretty much on the same page. I guess another way to make my point would be this: If Paul Johnson had retired after 2014 and the new coach had the exact same results as CPJ did in 2015, we would be proclaiming him the next B*** L****. I obviously want to have a good year next year and think there's enough talent that that's a possibility, but more than anything I want to see significant progress over a 3-4 year period both on the field and in recruiting.

To me, that's a lot more important than what happens next year. Pastner came in and had a great first year, but things have stalled out in years 2 and three both on the court and in recruiting.

We're pretty much on the same page. I guess another way to make my point would be this: If Paul Johnson had retired after 2014 and the new coach had the exact same results as CPJ did in 2015, we would be proclaiming him the next B*** L****. I obviously want to have a good year next year and think there's enough talent that that's a possibility, but more than anything I want to see significant progress over a 3-4 year period both on the field and in recruiting.

To me, that's a lot more important than what happens next year. Pastner came in and had a great first year, but things have stalled out in years 2 and three both on the court and in recruiting.

Sure—to be fair, I’d cut any coach a lot of slack for an injury disaster like ‘15, even more so for a coach that had proven it with earlier seasons.

I think that we are in agreement here in that I see enough talent to make a bowl this season. The biggest transition will be the o-line. The coaches coming in have proven enough in that they can adjust to what they have.

I’m hopeful that Collins and co with the relentless recruiting will not make this a Pastner situation. Also important to note increased resources from TStan. CPJ mentioned that he gets “it” in terms of what is needed.

There's enough talent that we could have a pretty good year next year. However, it would be foolish to attempt to draw firm conclusions on the coaching staff one way or the other based on the results of next season. The whole "we won X number of games this year, so why can't we do it next year?" is great and all, but Paul Johnson went from the Orange Bowl to 3-9 in one year, and that was with the same damn quarterback. Each year is a new year.
Shaq was the OL fulcrum in 2014 -gone in 2015- starting as a rookie for the Pats at LG. It ain't always about the QB.

Shaq was the OL fulcrum in 2014 -gone in 2015- starting as a rookie for the Pats at LG. It ain't always about the QB.
2014 wasn't the only year Shaq played, and those prior years we were mediocre. It's a team game for sure.

Very true. It's not always the QB and it's not always "the coach sucks" when you have one down year.

I agree it wasn't within the 'spirit of the rule' but I think it was right technically. Forearm did make contact on facemask.
No. Exactly the same as the play on Mahomes earlier in the game. You can hit the shoulder all you want.

Back