CPJ has one year Wanted UT job

I hope my agent did not contact Tennessee.

I wouldn't wanna give them false hope.

No one is saying it’s was all bad. Just that it’s time to move on. Much like @whenyousaybud’s marriage. There were probably some good times early on. But now it’s a flaming disaster that can only be fixed by ending it sooner rather than later.
That about sums it up perfectly

Let’s say I believed all that BS. If we truly had that kind of disadvantage, why wouldn’t we fight back against it by hiring a coach that kids actually want to play for instead of an ornery Old coach that severely impacts their ability to play at the next level
The more you post Diseqc,the more I like you're attitude!

The subject of this thread, Tennessee, has spent 10 years in the hinterlands after firing Fulmer. I highly doubt Pruitt will bring them out of it by doing the same thing as Saban and Smart, but with much less resources and recruiting advantage.

Many of the actual alternative candidates we interviewed got P5 jobs and then fired. Neuheisel was fired at UCLA. Randy Edsall at Maryland. Rumoredly, Muschamp at Florida. The previous time around, GT wanted Tom O'Brien but he demanded looser academic restrictions. He was fired at NC State.

I don't know how much you're just ööööposting, but odds are we're not going to get a rousing success. There's not even an attempt at considering feasible replacements. With CCG, a ton of threads named CPJ as a possible replacement. Now, who knows.
OOOOOOK... let's just fold up our tent and and leave.There is no way out of this mess, Tech can't/won't fire PJ and we will not be able to hire a coach who can bring in a new and exciting offense, and engage the fan base! For some of you posters, it's all doom & gloom if we fire PJ.

I have no trouble believing CPJs denial of interest. UT makes zero sense for him. Just an agent figuring he could leverage even a reply to the text in contract negotiations. Nothing Burger that has stirred up all of the crazies.

Dumb move by Jack Reale.

Never put anything in writing you wouldn’t want anyone else to see.

Having Kiffin would finally give us that spark that we all want our program to have

OOOOOOK... let's just fold up our tent and and leave.There is no way out of this mess, Tech can't/won't fire PJ and we will not be able to hire a coach who can bring in a new and exciting offense, and engage the fan base! For some of you posters, it's all doom & gloom if we fire PJ.

I'm actually not *as* pessimistic as other posters. But the truth is it might be a 20% probability that we'll get the success you guys want from a new coach. For 80%, we pay another buyout and another new coach.

And honestly, 20% is kind of high for the level of success required by the "no excuses" crowd.

In the end, it's easy to post öööö on the Internet about no excuses. But actual firings and new hires require tens of millions of dollars. Either you have to get that from mega-donors or we have to raise even more debt.

Back