Dems..Please confirm this....

So who are you DemJackets or who is this demjackets guy? Does he work at Tech?

Dem is the man behind the curtain. He is the knower and see-er of all things. Do not ask the identity of the man behind the curtain.

oz_curtain.JPG

I think Demjackets has to be Radakovich's mistress... how else could someone get all this inside info.

:bowdown:

Neither Edsall's nor Friedgen's offenses stimulate much excitement- very average in all categories.

Demjackets has been in the AA longer than Rad.

Colorado's probation was less severe than GT's. They had to reduce one annual limit from 25 to 20, they got to pick which year, and they lost some official visits.

It appears to me that Neuheisel and Colorado were made an example of for flirting with the edge of the rules in a way that was common practice at the time. I'm not into being on probation or being flagrantly dirty, but I do want to find ways to work the rules in our favor in new and original ways. Bear Bryant did that in recruiting. Dodd did it when the two-unit system came in and Heisman certainly did it. Brett Bielema flat out abused the kickoff system last year at Wisconsin, and good for him. We need that mentality.

It seems to me that we are not going to win big without the kind of mentality that finds creative ways to do things. Fundamentals are nice but insufficient against another fundamentally sound general that has more troops and a better supply corps, and that's what we have to deal with to the East not to mention in western VA and other places.

My thoughts are completely in line with Tornados... initially I was skeptically because of RN's 51 violations at Colorado, but they were trying to make an example of him in regards to "bumping" during off days and went to town... check out this article: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4191/is_20021009/ai_n10011156

Even Barnett, who suffered the consequences, said these penalties were very minor. Neuheisel was cited because he wanted people to know how commonplace this minor behavior was so he refused to kneel in front of the NCAA.

"It happens so much that you're at a disadvantage if you don't," Barnett said. That is not to justify it, but the number "51" is blown out of proportion and RN was a very young HC at the time.

As for the U-Dub betting pool, we all know that was bogus and RN won $4.5M to prove his point.

RN has quickly become my favorite candidate as I looked into the substance of these allegations... It's also worth considering the fact that CJT is more likely to stay on as DC if RN is hired rather than Muschamp or Edsall.

Neuheisal + Tenuta + Giff Smith could be a formidable combination...

My thoughts are completely in line with Tornados... initially I was skeptically because of RN's 51 violations at Colorado, but they were trying to make an example of him in regards to "bumping" during off days and went to town... check out this article: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4191/is_20021009/ai_n10011156

Even Barnett, who suffered the consequences, said these penalties were very minor and Neuheisel was cited because he wanted people to know how commonplace this minor behavior was. "It happens so much that you're at a disadvantage if you don't," Barnett said. That is not to justify it, but the number "51" is blown out of proportion and RN was a very young HC at the time.

As for the U-Dub betting pool, we all know that was bogus and RN won $4.5M to prove his point.

RN has quickly become my favorite candidate as I looked into the substance of these allegations... It's also worth considering the fact that CJT is more likely to stay on as DC if RN is hired rather than Muschamp or Edsall.

Neuheisal + Tenuta + Giff Smith could be a formidable combination...

Not sure about Neuheisal - record seems up and down, but hard to sort out the reasons. I think he would have to be "sold" to the fan base to some extent.

I hope Hatcher gets an interview. On paper, he excites me the most maybe because he is somewhat of an unknown quantity without any blemishes on his record.

Muschamp, don't like the fact that he has no head coaching experience and he is defensive minded.

I get the feeling that the RN painting is of a young successful cocky guy that worked the system to his favor and played the game to his advantage like everyone else. I'm in, we need more of that if we want to succeed in the southeast.

lets just say one already landed a job but checked with us first

others have jobs but still checked to see if we were interested, one wanted to come back even.

Nobody's picked on it yet, but it looks like dem was referring to Nutt in his first sentence. I'm glad DRad didn't give him the time of day; we need energetic not crazy.

Have no idea about who wanted to come back.

Wouldn't Fridgen be somewhat of a risk, healthwise. In all seriousness, he appears to be a heart attack in the making.

Anyone else notice the Nebraska blurb on ESPN.com? Looks like Bo Pelini may have slipped a bit there. Hmmmm.

Seriously, I am pulling for Doug Williams.

the hive

Yes, actually. This thread has 7,000 more views than any other thread in this forum's history. The two underneath it? Created by demjackets. :P

IM SORRY...For starting this thread Dems...

Geez.

Is that some type of record?

For being a new poster, I hate it that my post made a record..

No, seriously, you have made stingtalk THE site for GT sports...
Thanks for all the info...

I am PUMPED...Rick Neuheisel could be the best hire we have made in my long memory...

Please Let's hire him and keep Tenuta...No outside DC should be hired as head coach...imho

I hope this Neuheisel thing happens..
The Steve Spurrier of the West....

I think we would recruit nationally with him and the energy he brought would be great!!!

Back