Do not Blame Jeff Sims for this loss.

Stat line is very misleading!

His true performance today had a lot of "mental errors" and "missed reads"

Stats like that don't mean anything.

Stetson Bennett for uga was 7/11 for 75 yds and they beat Arky 37 -0

They won because Bennett played smart, heady FB , with no mental errors, his knowledge of the Playbook was spectacular, it was all on the shoulders of such a smart QB to lead them to win, nevermind that the other 21 positions for uga is manned by 4-star or better players.

Nevermind all that, winning takes more than just mindless Stats, you have to have smart QB decisions that don't show up in the Stats

You can't fool me pal, Sims had a horrible day

/end sarcasm, not directed at the OP
Sims appears to be a disinterested observer on many plays.

Sims has had problems throwing short to medium passes in the middle of the field. Several have been batted/tipped (we completed one last week vs unc). Others are just off the mark.

The two picks killed us today.

Keep leaning on stats instead of using your eyes. Pitt's defense stinks is the reason for the stats. Ball placement is extremely spotty. Not consistently accurate. He is who he is.

Doesn’t explain why you felt the need to gargle Bennett’s balls?
I pointed out his sparse stats and then pumped up a bunch of unquantifiable arbitrary crap like Sims' critics like to do , that was the sarcasm, that wasn't to pump up a career backup like stetson

I am not blaming Sims but both picks are on him. He was excited from unc game and tried too hard early. One he simply should through away, the other the rush on the right took a while. He should see it and take the sack.
Early in games is no time to give games away particularly in a game that good coaching would have seen as tough for us. Late is different.

No. Completion percentage is the crappiest, most useless stat there is. It was invented for retards.
And right on queue, one of the biggest retards here proves it again by downvoting this basic truth. Can't even make this up. LOL.

Did we watch different games or are my old eyes deceiving me? Both INTs were tipped balls. The first one was barely past the LOS.

First one was tipped at the LOS by the defensive tackle. There was time and distance to loft the ball there. Sims threw a bullet instead. Sims created the situation to tip the ball. There are times when that throw would be appropriate, but not in this situation.

Second pick Sims got hit from the right throwing the ball. He could see how close the pressure was. He chose to try and make the play. It was a risky decision that early in the game. He could have tucked the ball and taken a sack. Then it would have been 3rd and long instead of a pick six and down two TDs in the first quarter.

The first one nearly hit the DL in the face. That ball should not have been thrown because the lane was full. It is true that the OL should have kept the DL occupied; but it still shouldn't have been thrown.

There was nothing the center could do on the first pick. He had his man blocked. The DT was coached well enough to know you get your arms up if you can’t get to the QB.

The throw would have been fine with more loft. Or maybe you get your receiver tattooed. But rifling it in risks getting it tipped over the middle where linebackers roam.

Not on Sims at all. We were getting them on the outside. It felt like we only had a handful of positive plays, inside and only with Smith. Putting Yates in and running inside on 4th and 2 was mind numbing stupid. I thought for sure we would have let Yates try to sit back and throw there. I literally smacked my forehead after another no gain inside run.

The majority of his Stats came in the first 3 qtrs when the Game was still being played hard by both Teams

275 of those passing yards were in the first 3 Qtrs, 199 passing yds at the Half

QBs don't like to throw crossers in the Middle to WRs up high cause they don't want to hang the WR out to dry, a better block and a DL not coming free is what we really needed there.

On pick 2 you can't tuck it every time you see the opposing jersey color flash by you in the pocket, you have trust your OLs , based on what you're saying, no throws would get made unless the Pocket is sanitary clean, that will grind your Off to a halt and you will leave a lot of plays on the field.

Real simple, OLs have to man up and do their Jobs

Throw it low and you risk getting tipped. That was a choice by Sims. It was 100% his fault. You can’t blame the OL for blocking their man.

Pick 2 was also a judgment call. It resulted in a pick six. That was the worst possible outcome.

Sims gets better coaching and those mistakes go away. Five years from now we won’t have to rely on freshman QBs. They won’t have to adjust to the speed of the game in front of everyone. Sims will be fine.

199 yards in a half is good, but 2 INT on your own side of the field in a half is bad.

Sims should have had good passing numbers. Pitt was selling out to stop the run.

Throw it low and you risk getting tipped. That was a choice by Sims. It was 100% his fault. You can’t blame the OL for blocking their man.

Pick 2 was also a judgment call. It resulted in a pick six. That was the worst possible outcome.

Sims gets better coaching and those mistakes go away. Five years from now we won’t have to rely on freshman QBs. They won’t have to adjust to the speed of the game in front of everyone. Sims will be fine.

199 yards in a half is good, but 2 INT on your own side of the field in a half is bad.

Sims should have had good passing numbers. Pitt was selling out to stop the run.
If anything, this is the bright spot of the game. We run first but Sims can light it up too.

Back