Do not Blame Jeff Sims for this loss.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
It isn’t like he threw the ball to a defender straight up. They matter to people that aren’t rushing to conclusions.
He almost beamed a dl in the face...

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I've said before, the balls were tipped. Haven't seen evidence to refute that.
The first was tipped and a better throw under the conditions (a little more elevation) might not have been tipped. The second was an ill-advised throw as he was getting hit that he might have been better off eating. Just because they weren’t egregious “forgot what color we were wearing picks” doesn’t mean that they don’t count or couldn’t be avoided. We were dang lucky that the tipped ball against UNC wasn’t picked, so maybe work on avoiding the tips.

JRjr

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
The first was tipped and a better throw under the conditions (a little more elevation) might not have been tipped. The second was an ill-advised throw as he was getting hit that he might have been better off eating. Just because they weren’t egregious “forgot what color we were wearing picks” doesn’t mean that they don’t count or couldn’t be avoided. We were dang lucky that the tipped ball against UNC wasn’t picked, so maybe work on avoiding the tips.

JRjr
Not sure who he was throwing to, but there was an open WR on the second throw. That is where I thought he was throwing it. I didn't really see what happened on the play until the replay

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
He has had a few tips in his career. But I think it’s something that can be corrected.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Tips don't count?
Yeah, they count when the pocket is " clean" then it is on the QB, but when the Tips happen on a caved in pocket or when the QB is hit while passing, then most Coaches put that on the OLine, at that point only "Fans" with an agenda try to hang that on the QB.

So what's your Agenda?

gt2690b

PB time!
In the 4th quarter I was one of those. We weren’t going to win and I’d rather not have Sims get injured in some meaningless situation. I was surprised Pitt left Pickett in so long. He goes down and they’re completely screwed.
Lol he was safer in the pocket than he was standing on the sideline

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Yeah, they count when the pocket is " clean" then it is on the QB, but when the Tips happen on a caved in pocket or when the QB is hit while passing, then most Coaches put that on the OLine, at that point only "Fans" with an agenda try to hang that on the QB.

So what's your Agenda?
Bullshit. Pocket awareness, situational awareness, and ball placement are really important things that should be coached. Both of those picks were avoidable by the QB. I am certain the coaches showed him as much in the film room.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
Bullshit. Pocket awareness, situational awareness, and ball placement are really important things that should be coached. Both of those picks were avoidable by the QB. I am certain the coaches showed him as much in the film room.
An article on Ftrs noted that sims stopped throwing short-mis passes to the middle of the field after the ints. I'd have to check if that's correct, but it may help explain the aggression of their front 7.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?

JRjr
I don’t think the second was an ill-advised throw. He didn’t know he was going to be hit as he threw.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
I don’t think the second was an ill-advised throw. He didn’t know he was going to be hit as he threw.
He should have known, the pressure was coming from the right and he could absolutely see it.

It was a judgment call. He thought he could get it off and couldn’t. There is a reason year 5 QBs are better than they were year 2.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
An article on Ftrs noted that sims stopped throwing short-mis passes to the middle of the field after the ints. I'd have to check if that's correct, but it may help explain the aggression of their front 7.
Maybe he stopped because the OLine never fixed their issues with missed assignments, whiffs, and having the pocket caved in on obvious passing downs.

My guess is that PNode saw that this was gonna be a shytty day from the OL, so lets scrap those 2 pages of the Playbook and do something else that's safer.

We shouldn't have to start a Game in "safe mode" due to crappy OL play, we should try to establish what we schemed during the week based on film study, but with an OL that is that up & down, you have no idea what to call.

We couldn't even run the ball with RBs that are likely to play in the NFL.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
He should have known, the pressure was coming from the right and he could absolutely see it.

It was a judgment call. He thought he could get it off and couldn’t. There is a reason year 5 QBs are better than they were year 2.
His eyes were downfield.

You saying he should've seen that pass rusher, doesn't make it true.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Maybe he stopped because the OLine never fixed their issues with missed assignments, whiffs, and having the pocket caved in on obvious passing downs.

My guess is that PNode saw that this was gonna be a shytty day from the OL, so lets scrap those 2 pages of the Playbook and do something else that's safer.

We shouldn't have to start a Game in "safe mode" due to crappy OL play, we should try to establish what we schemed during the week based on film study, but with an OL that is that up & down, you have no idea what to call.

We couldn't even run the ball with RBs that are likely to play in the NFL.
Uga is going to hurt us if we don’t figure it out.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Almost any pick is avoidable by any QB. Good job