DRad begging for ticket sales...way behind

same price as 2006...that is amazing!

One time in 40 years for GT...not a guarantee it ever happens again!

Once we get a new D Coordinator, returning to the Orange Bowl will be a sure lock. Haven't you pieced that together by now? -)

No need to fret over missing this year.

Word on the street is we've already sold more OB tickets than VT sold for the OB and the ACCCG COMBINED last year.

We don't need to outsell Iowa. We will never outsell Iowa. But as long as we sell better than the other ACC teams we're competing against for bowl slots, we should be fine.

I have already moved two customer meetings for the Orange Bowl.

Clearly you work in an industry that still has customers.

beej67,
doesn't care what anyone things, Civil, Architecture, and Construction get a FREE PASS from gripes this year

Clearly you work in an industry that still has customers.

beej67,
doesn't care what anyone things, Civil, Architecture, and Construction get a FREE PASS from gripes this year

:laugher:

not as many as in the past...but with 18 years in the industry the experience helps hold on to the most loyal ones.

So for those of us with immovable work deadlines---I started three months ago---and couldn't prevent things from happening the BCS bowl week. But, I've already blocked out the same period next year---I'd hate to miss a trip to Arizona.

BTW Iowa fans are having this exact same discussion:

http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=804&tid=129294265&mid=129294265&sid=940

They've sold about 5k more tickets than us though (through their Athletic Dept anyway)

Yeah, they've sold about 5k more tickets than us; which probably means they got about 5k more retirees in south Florida than us. What we need is a ****load of alumni who run to Florida every winter.

What if somebody threw an Orange Bowl during the middle of the work week and nobody came?

I really hate the fact that I am not going ...and that some others on here are not going to be able to go. We all have our priorities and our reasoning for choosing to go/not to go. I am a season ticket holder, enjoy supporting the program, and feel like I should be there.

But I can't go. It has nothing to do with money, seat location or my desire to go. It's the Orange Bowl, a BCS bowl, and I want to be there.

I have to be in the office on the 5th. I'm off on the 4th, so if the game was scheduled on New Year's day --like it should be-- then I would not have a conflict.

If I were making the trip I would probably purchase through the GTAA, although I am sure I could find better seats for a better deal than $125 for upper corner seats. I really hope there is a good turnout for Georgia Tech.

What if GTAA doesn't sell all the corner seats; but thousands of GT fans show up sitting between the 20's. Does that still make us a sucky bowl participant?

Does this imply that your customers might think that a football game is more important than them?

Great question.

Its all about relationships...if you do good work...its a non-event. You just have had to show the flexibility for them in the past....and you have to care deeply throughout the year about things that are important to them...their teams, their family, their business, etc.
If you lose a deal because of something like this...then they must have picked you on price...which never lasts anyway.

BTW Iowa fans are having this exact same discussion:

http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=804&tid=129294265&mid=129294265&sid=940

They've sold about 5k more tickets than us though (through their Athletic Dept anyway)

And, it REALLY is the EXACT same discussion. :D

It is complete with the "excuses, excuses" crowd who offer not much more than the repetition of "excuses, excuses", the 'no crappy seats for me' crowd (some who have bought the crappy seats in the past), the 'why did they schedule this at the worst time' crowd, the 'interest is down because of late losses' crowd, andothers.

The first article is the best coming from the ticket office. It recognizes that comparisons to previous years ticket sales are irrelevant because the economy IS different this time.

Here's an idea:
Instead of giving schools an allotment of tickets, just give us an interface to ticketmaster that is filtered for one side of the field and one end zone. Then, they can easily track which tickets were sold from each school and yet still give us all the freedom to choose our seats and how much we are willing to pay for better seats. You can even let the schools open it to preferred contributors in advance for some period before they go on general sale.

OB fans who aren't tied to either school could buy from either side, but the software could track how many people selected "best seat-either side."

Then, when either school's side was sold out, opposing fans could fill the seats on either side. Of course, that means neither school's fans could afford to waffle and wait to purchase.

What if GTAA doesn't sell all the corner seats; but thousands of GT fans show up sitting between the 20's. Does that still make us a sucky bowl participant?

yes...because the school is forced to buy the 17,500 tickets no matter what as it was explained to me. What does that mean?...we will all be paying for it anyway!

Wish I could be going--just as I wish I could have gone to the ACCCG -- but I have used up all my favors in covering call for me so I could be in Memphis. Guess I just have my priorities screwed up. ;)

I would love the opportunity to go. If anyone is willing to pick me up beside 75 and let me sleep on the floor in your hotel room I'll buy my own game ticket.

Back