Dreaded Sidewalk Fan

dilleshaw

Varsity Lurker
I'm one of the small number of Tech sidewalk fans. I didn't attend, but I have been a Tech fan since middle school, in the mid 80's. I guess I've always liked pulling for the underdog.
When my daughter's friend wanted a ride home from school and was wearing a dawg jacket, I made her go put it in her locker before she could get in my truck.
My hate for the dawgs and love for the Jackets is just as deep as any Tech grad.
I wouldn't pull for the dawgs if they played the Taliban.
If Brent Key keeps the guys playing like they did last night, there will be many more like me that will be pulling for the white and gold.

I'm one of the small number of Tech sidewalk fans. I didn't attend, but I have been a Tech fan since middle school, in the mid 80's. I guess I've always liked pulling for the underdog.
When my daughter's friend wanted a ride home from school and was wearing a dawg jacket, I made her go put it in her locker before she could get in my truck.
My hate for the dawgs and love for the Jackets is just as deep as any Tech grad.
If Brent Key keeps the guys playing like they did last night, there will be many more like me that will be pulling for the white and gold.
More like cherished sidewalk fan.

Welcome to the jungle.grab a clear whiskey and post some pics of your mom. Or someone else’s mom.

We love guys like you.

Sidewalk fans are better fans than alumni. Alumni almost always chose Tech for reasons other than sports. Sidewalk fans choose Tech for sports.

The only bad sidewalk fans are the ones like the woman who tried to talk to my son while wearing all red: “But I cheer for Tech everyone other day of the year.” To which I said, “But not when it matters.”

You don’t have to be a master of differential equations to be a tech fan or else we couldn’t even let our own management grads in the club.

All it takes is an appreciation for people who choose to go down the more difficult road to better themselves instead of those who take the easy way out.

I guess I'm a sidewalk fan because I went to Southern Tech, had season tickets from 1981 till 2021 now I give my tickets to my daughter. But when I went to Southern Tech it was because I had to go to night to get my degree. (that is what I tell people, but it had a lot to do with my SAT Math was ok 740 verbal 320) and yes, I speak English, but I speak southern English.
But when I went to Southern Tech it was A division of Georgia Tech that ended the year I finished.
So I guess I'm a sidewalk fan, or a fat drunk fan that loves Tech.

1701094609732.png

I guess I'm a sidewalk fan because I went to Southern Tech, had season tickets from 1981 till 2021 now I give my tickets to my daughter. But when I went to Southern Tech it was because I had to go to night to get my degree. (that is what I tell people, but it had a lot to do with my SAT Math was ok 740 verbal 320) and yes, I speak English, but I speak southern English.
But when I went to Southern Tech it was A division of Georgia Tech that ended the year I finished.

1701094609732.png
Sounds a lot like me. I went to STI from 1977 to 1981. MET degree. Dad went to Tech in 1940’s in Navy ROTC program. We had Tech season tickets from 1982 to 2018.

1701094609732.png
The Bathtub Race was the greatest spectacle in all of motorsports and the most dangerous university activity of the 20th century. I am also a Southern Tech Grad. I actually loved the place. And, for any GT fans talking about the "ratio", when I started Southern Tech in fall 1984, Southern Tech had the lowest female enrollment of any public university in the state. If you had one female in your classroom, you were lucky, and she wasn't a looker most of the time.

bathtub-race-sensia-100.jpg

The Bathtub Race was the greatest spectacle in all of motorsports and the most dangerous university activity of the 20th century. I am also a Southern Tech Grad. I actually loved the place. And, for any GT fans talking about the "ratio", when I started Southern Tech in fall 1984, Southern Tech had the lowest female enrollment of any public university in the state. If you had one female in your classroom, you were lucky, and she wasn't a looker most of the time.

bathtub-race-sensia-100.jpg

We only had one female in all of civil engineering

I had a professor make my lab partners for a facilities design project a Korean girl, a Saudi guy, and a Nigerian guy. I pretty much had to write all the writeups and do most of the work because of the language barrier. The Korean girl was extremely math smart, but the application of math she suffered. I didn't trust the Saudi or Nigerian to do work to my standards. Both were rich kids sent to America to study by their parents and were pretty coddled

You don’t have to be a master of differential equations to be a tech fan or else we couldn’t even let our own management grads in the club.

All it takes is an appreciation for people who choose to go down the more difficult road to better themselves instead of those who take the easy way out.
öööö, that should be in our annual football commercial. That's a beautiful summation of what GT stands for.

Amazing how pretty a plain girl can be in a sea of nerds.
I can remember standing outside after a test about 10 of us this pretty girl walks by us outside the civil building everyone stopped talking and looked at her after she went by someone said that guess she much be looking for Kennesaw college.

I had a professor make my lab partners for a facilities design project a Korean girl, a Saudi guy, and a Nigerian guy. I pretty much had to write all the writeups and do most of the work because of the language barrier. The Korean girl was extremely math smart, but the application of math she suffered. I didn't trust the Saudi or Nigerian to do work to my standards. Both were rich kids sent to America to study by their parents and were pretty coddled
1701102696796.png

We need to have many more like you.

Back