Dreaded Sidewalk Fan

1701102696796.png
He thought it was funny. I thought it was stressful as the other teams were pretty much all English speaking Americans.

I can remember standing outside after a test about 10 of us this pretty girl walks by us outside the civil building everyone stopped talking and looked at her after she went by someone said that guess she much be looking for Kennesaw college.
tumblr_o5vx8blKGe1rfd7lko1_500.gif

I'm also a sidewalk fans as well. Been going to games on and off since 1979. Had season tickets with my parents from the O'Leary years thru the early part of the CPJ years before my parents declined and my job claimed my Saturdays.

Still tried to get to a couple of games a year, but Pennywise pretty much devastated my support. Last game I attended at BDS was the Northern Illinois fiasco.

I plan on getting back next season for a few games.

I hated being a bandwagon fan, but Pennywise really ruined my interest and the lack of support from the administration and the president caused me to question why was I putting in so much emotion and support when I wasn't getting anything in return.

Once Pennywise was fired and the school president stated that the school has neglected athletics and football far too long and that better support was coming, my interest returned. No previous GT president has ever come out publicly with those declarations.

This season's success has been a major step forward.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

I'm also a sidewalk fans as well. Been going to games on and off since 1979. Had season tickets with my parents from the O'Leary years thru the early part of the CPJ years before my parents declined and my job claimed my Saturdays.

Still tried to get to a couple of games a year, but Pennywise pretty much devastated my support. Last game I attended at BDS was the Northern Illinois fiasco.

I hated being a bandwagon fan, but Pennywise really ruined my interest and the lack of support from the administration and the president caused me to question why was I putting in so much emotion and support when I wasn't getting anything in return.

Once Pennywise was fired and the school president stated that the school has neglected athletics and football far too long and that better support was coming, my interest returned. No previous GT president has ever come out publicly with those declarations.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback
Lots of games I have an extra floating around. Don't be a stranger.

No one hates sidewalk fans in general. What most people hate is sidewalk fans who don’t care at all about anything Tech that is not sports related. Fans who want Tech to just be a generic SEC type team doing the same SEC öööö because they don’t like UGA for whatever reason. Screw tradition or academics, we have football games to win.

No one hates sidewalk fans in general. What most people hate is sidewalk fans who don’t care at all about anything Tech that is not sports related. Fans who want Tech to just be a generic SEC type team doing the same SEC öööö because they don’t like UGA for whatever reason. Screw tradition or academics, we have football games to win.
I'm a ST holder for football.

My cousin is a sidewalk GT fan, but is a basketball fan. He's has BB ST's for years and now. Been a rough go for him. Said he isn't sold on the new regime.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback
My long time friend and Tech roommate is an exact replica of your story AND he's also put three kids through Tech as well. He's gone. Clown was the final straw. I finally got a text from him last night after I prodded him a bit for not even giving me one THWg this year. His comment was when he saw that he was putting more effort, passion, and support into something that the ones in charge was not even doing, he said to hell with it and walked. I'm not sure we will ever get him back. Its stories like this that need to be told to Batt and others.

My long time friend and Tech roommate is an exact replica of your story AND he's also put three kids through Tech as well. He's gone. Clown was the final straw. I finally got a text from him last night after I prodded him a bit for not even giving me one THWg this year. His comment was when he saw that he was putting more effort, passion, and support into something that the ones in charge was not even doing, he said to hell with it and walked. I'm not sure we will ever get him back. Its stories like this that need to be told to Batt and others.
Shame really. We about to average 40+ points a game in 2024

@Fredge and I are a part of a large group of tailgaters that includes quite a few sidewalk fans. These folks are some of the most loyal GT fans I’ve met, very passionate about the team, win or lose.

Great group to be around for sure.

@Fredge and I are a part of a large group of tailgaters that includes quite a few sidewalk fans. These folks are some of the most loyal GT fans I’ve met, very passionate about the team, win or lose.

Great group to be around for sure.
Define passionate. In which way?

GO JACKETS!!
byteback
There is a difference now between a team that is actually prepared to play a football game and a team that was prepared for ... frankly, I don't know what the hell they were prepared for over the course of three and a half years of clown's direction.
There are things about head coaching I think CBK can and should get better at. But the product, even with a limited roster, is better suited for watching than that what it had been.
At least we're not a laughingstock anymore, and the more sidewalk fans there are, the fewer people there will be behind me barking every other last Saturday in November.

The worst fans have always been alumni, because they think their degree gives them license to talk öööö about Tech sports in front of their UGA friends.
I’m a Tech alum with 0 uga friends and a bunch of Tech alumni friends who talk öööö about Tech sports to each other and one friend who failed out who just talks öööö about uniforms and apparel.

Back