Dreaded Sidewalk Fan

I'm one of the small number of Tech sidewalk fans. I didn't attend, but I have been a Tech fan since middle school, in the mid 80's. I guess I've always liked pulling for the underdog.
When my daughter's friend wanted a ride home from school and was wearing a dawg jacket, I made her go put it in her locker before she could get in my truck.
My hate for the dawgs and love for the Jackets is just as deep as any Tech grad.
I wouldn't pull for the dawgs if they played the Taliban.
If Brent Key keeps the guys playing like they did last night, there will be many more like me that will be pulling for the white and gold.
97DF8566-3A75-4D9A-89F5-2AFA6244F1FE.png
11C277FD-76FA-4DA4-9EE9-48AF2FE4A3CC.png
11C277FD-76FA-4DA4-9EE9-48AF2FE4A3CC.png

I’m a Tech alum with 0 uga friends and a bunch of Tech alumni friends who talk öööö about Tech sports to each other and one friend who failed out who just talks öööö about uniforms and apparel.

Tech alum here. Basically 0 U[sic]GA friends. A few distant sidewalk Dwag relatives (cousins and beyond) that generally know better than to talk that öööö with me).

The most annoying people I deal with are a couple of alums that are preemptively miserable publicly (like on Facebook with all their Dwag friends). Come to games but complain about it how bad it’s going to be, expect to lose, and then leave at halftime or whatever. Just the absolute worst kind of fan.

JRjr

I’m a Tech alum with a lot of uga family, friends, and co-workers. With 100% certainty, the uga alums are the best of that group. You can have rational conversations with them and they usually don’t venture into incivility.

I have a few who did not go to college in the uga fan group. They are mostly ex military. They are the second best group of uga fans. They mostly leave me alone.

The absolute ööööing worst are non-uga college graduates who have an inferiority complex about everything Tech and have latched onto uga and act like it flows through their blood.

I’m a Tech alum with a lot of uga family, friends, and co-workers. With 100% certainty, the uga alums are the best of that group. You can have rational conversations with them and they usually don’t venture into incivility.

I have a few who did not go to college in the uga fan group. They are mostly ex military. They are the second best group of uga fans. They mostly leave me alone.

The absolute ööööing worst are non-uga college graduates who have an inferiority complex about everything Tech and have latched onto uga and act like it flows through their blood.
I told someone today that their self esteem is directly related to their team

I'm one of the small number of Tech sidewalk fans. I didn't attend, but I have been a Tech fan since middle school, in the mid 80's. I guess I've always liked pulling for the underdog.
When my daughter's friend wanted a ride home from school and was wearing a dawg jacket, I made her go put it in her locker before she could get in my truck.
My hate for the dawgs and love for the Jackets is just as deep as any Tech grad.
I wouldn't pull for the dawgs if they played the Taliban.
If Brent Key keeps the guys playing like they did last night, there will be many more like me that will be pulling for the white and gold.
There are many more Tech 'sidewalk' fans out there than many want to believe. As many have repeated on this site, winning fixes many things, including putting fannies in the seats.

I’ll stop lurking and post for once.

I too am a sidewalk fan (UWG grad) who has loved GT football since I was a little kid. I’ve been there for the ups and downs, never leaving. I’m always asked why I like Tech and the usual SEC bullshit. It gets old. I send the kids to school in white and gold (various shades) for “favorite sports team day” or whatever they call it. I pony up my $10 a month for NIL.

IMHO, Tech needs to embrace the sidewalk fan. They don’t do a great job of that. Hopefully J Batt (and winning) will cure that.

THWG, I’ll hang up and listen…

No one hates sidewalk fans in general. What most people hate is sidewalk fans who don’t care at all about anything Tech that is not sports related. Fans who want Tech to just be a generic SEC type team doing the same SEC öööö because they don’t like UGA for whatever reason. Screw tradition or academics, we have football games to win.
I can only speak to the sidewalk GT guys I have knew/know that were/are diehard GT guys. One of the guys, who has since passed away, had been a GT fan his entire life, as was his father before him. This guy could hold his own with any gagger that dared to talk öööö about GT football. They were well aware of the academics and never once did I ever hear them mention anything about cutting corners in the name of winning.
I think the corner cutting sidewalk fans are newer generation that don't understand the Tech way.

I’ll stop lurking and post for once.

I too am a sidewalk fan (UWG grad) who has loved GT football since I was a little kid. I’ve been there for the ups and downs, never leaving. I’m always asked why I like Tech and the usual SEC bullshit. It gets old. I send the kids to school in white and gold (various shades) for “favorite sports team day” or whatever they call it. I pony up my $10 a month for NIL.

IMHO, Tech needs to embrace the sidewalk fan. They don’t do a great job of that. Hopefully J Batt (and winning) will cure that.

THWG, I’ll hang up and listen…
Pay attention, alums. We need this guy and 30,000 others.

I'm a ST holder for football.

My cousin is a sidewalk GT fan, but is a basketball fan. He's has BB ST's for years and now. Been a rough go for him. Said he isn't sold on the new regime.
I tend to agree with him at this point. Until this regime can pull in a bonafide PG and a legitimate shooter, then I'll continue to be pessimistic.

I tend to agree with him at this point. Until this regime can pull in a bonafide PG and a legitimate shooter, then I'll continue to be pessimistic.
Talking to him on Thanksgiving, he said he's seeing a lot of standing around

Back