Dwags want access to Buster through playoffs...

Don't think it would impact his job at Tech in any way. Dead recruiting period is from Dec 19 to Jan 12. College football playoff is during that time. First day of classes at Tech is January 9....the same day of the championship final. So players will be off campus and he can't recruit.

Also suspect most of the Tech coaches will be spending some family time during the week between Christmas and New Year's and so there probably wouldn't be much to do around the office that week.

So taking all that in account I feel we should tell Kirby to stuff it up his ass and go to hell!
So you really believe no recruiting is going on during dead periods? My goodness the level of naivety around here is unbelievable. With the portal recruiting happens before, during, and after games let alone every other minute of the year. Yeah, like UGA isn’t going to be staying in contact with 5 stars for a month when most high school kids are at home doing nothing. And you actually believe Key and his staff are sitting around their house between Christmas and New Years? Recruiting happens 24/7/365 no matter what rules the hapless NCAA claim to enforce.

I'm no lawyer but you would think "you can't coach for another school while employed by Tech" should be in there somewhere.

Has there been any word on what Tech has said or was it just that they asked? I didn't read the article but hopefully we're getting all worked up over nothing.

Not that I have seen. I hacked into the AJC firewall and read the article but it was just Kirby saying he was negotiating with Buster and Brent, whatever that means. He did seem to sound like he thought it was no big deal and as good as done minus some paperwork, though.

But then again he does get his hair done at supercuts.

Not that I have seen. I hacked into the AJC firewall and read the article but it was just Kirby saying he was negotiating with Buster and Brent, whatever that means. He did seem to sound like he thought it was no big deal and as good as done minus some paperwork, though.

But then again he does get his hair done at supercuts.

The sad part (good part?) is that Kirby is probably paying $100 a pop for a barber to make him look like a dork

Emphatically no.

The employee code of conduct probably has explicit language in it about avoiding conflicts of interest and working in the best interest of your employer. It likely isn't even up to CBK, but to J or Angel.

If you want to coach in your bowl game first, you hold out like Willie Fritz did and risk losing the chance like Willie Fritz did. Once it's done, it's done.

I'm no lawyer but you would think "you can't coach for another school while employed by Tech" should be in there somewhere.

Has there been any word on what Tech has said or was it just that they asked? I didn't read the article but hopefully we're getting all worked up over nothing.

I don't think that there's even been any word from Faulkner on if he actually plans on doing it.

I don't think that there's even been any word from Faulkner on if he actually plans on doing it.

3b2bc341eb91698865d99a571b6539df.jpg

I say let him help gameplan, while at the same time let OSU use our facilities to practice for the Peach bowl. Then, he can accidentally leave some papers and things laying around somewhere.
At least somebody around here’s got some damn sense. All y’all need to go back and watch the Mike Leach video about the dropped playsheet trick he played on TX.

Not that my voice matters at all to the coaching staff, but my patience for the offense next year will be very thin if he isn't coming on board immediately and severing his professional relationship with the dwags. I understand that he doesn't have that personal investment in the rivalry like we do, but it's not a great look if your first major act after being named OC is to help lead your new team's in-state rival to a repeat national championship.

He can stay for the playoff if he yells "THWG" on national tv. Othewrwise get his ass to work to the school paying for him. He needs to understand that any UGA success affects him in the negative if he is serious about succeeding at Tech.

Did the new coach make this a condition for his acceptance of the position? If so, that would be on Key. If not, then it’s a bad look for a new coach getting a promotion and a healthy pay raise.

I don’t like it, but maybe we don’t have the full story here.

Did the new coach make this a condition for his acceptance of the position? If so, that would be on Key. If not, then it’s a bad look for a new coach getting a promotion and a healthy pay raise.

I don’t like it, but maybe we don’t have the full story here.

It's possible, but either way you slice it, it would be his decision to do so. Needs to produce quickly if so.

Can we plant some kind of bug on him so we can transmit play calls to OSU?

Back