Expectations for next year

stingmeyall

Flats Noob
My expectation is for Geoff to place an emphasis on being physical. My expectation is that he will hire a DC who will teach us how to tackle or,if not, sit player’s butts on the bench until they prove otherwise. The only way to being competitive at the top level is to play sound defense. Hasn’t happened here in a very long time!

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
Yeah, it's silly for anyone to imply that he is entering a similar situation to what CPJ entered into. You can fit NFL talent into any college system. You can't necessarily fit a 180 lb A-back into any system.

I do think there's a lot of hyperbole when it comes to our level of talent. We don't have FCS-level talent, as most of our guys did have P5 offers. Our problems are that we have a handful of guys equipped for one specific system that just a few programs run, and more importantly, we have a lack of consistent playmakers on both sides of the ball. I'm hopeful a few of the young defensive guys will prove to be ballers.
Our secondary is talented just young, imo CGC has a lot to work with. Just need to recruit linebacker and DT a lot better. I think Yates is a future playmaker at QB

NotTomNotPhilButGCollins

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Our secondary is talented just young, imo CGC has a lot to work with. Just need to recruit linebacker and DT a lot better. I think Yates is a future playmaker at QB
I think our Safeties are uber-talented, but our CBs aren't quite there yet, we still give too much cushion on the outside

I want to see us work more on press coverage and force opposing QBs to make perfect throws to beat us, instead of us giving them easy throws and we keep everything in front of us while praying that the opposing team makes some sort of error that will keep them out of the EZ

Time to get aggressive at each level of the Defense

cincyjacket

Dodd-Like
I think our Safeties are uber-talented, but our CBs aren't quite there yet, we still give too much cushion on the outside

I want to see us work more on press coverage and force opposing QBs to make perfect throws to beat us, instead of us giving them easy throws and we keep everything in front of us while praying that the opposing team makes some sort of error that will keep them out of the EZ

That cushion makes it too easy. Seems like common sense to disrupt the receivers route at the LOS and make them fight to get separation.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
You sound like you want Tech to lose. Every single post. If we win more than 3 will you drink a bucket of $@&)?
I am expecting us to win 6-8 games you idiot. Why don't you drink a bucket of $@&)? if we win more than 4?

This board is looney tunes, everyone who expects us to make a bowl is considered anti-GT.

Last edited:

aeromech

Dodd-Like
There is enough talent to get us to a bowl, even on defense. DL needs some help; but we have some good talent in the back 7 including LB.

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys

CGC has mentioned he plans on playing press man every down and personally coaches CBs

gtphd

What a time to be alive
There is enough talent to get us to a bowl, even on defense. DL needs some help; but we have some good talent in the back 7 including LB.
6 wins should be the minimum expectation for Tech every season.

H-town

Helluva Engineer
So basically he sounds like you have for the past 10 years or so?
I’ve never wanted Tech to lose. Never. I never liked the offense but I never wanted us to lose. I never pulled against Johnson. You however have repeatedly posted your disdain for Collins. You’re a fantastic fan.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
I’ve never wanted Tech to lose. Never. I never liked the offense but I never wanted us to lose. I never pulled against Johnson. You however have repeatedly posted your disdain for Collins. You’re a fantastic fan.
I don't think @johncu has said anything negative about Collins. You must be confusing him with another poster.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Floor should be 8 in this league.
Last 20 years:

100% of 3+ wins
95% of 5+ wins
90% of 6+ wins
85% of 7+wins
45% of 8+ wins
30% of 9+ wins
10% of 11+ wins
0% of 12+ wins

How do you want to set your minimum bound? Using a Scree plot would say expectation is 7+ wins. Using a 90% cut-off would say 6+ wins.

I suppose your argument is that GOL, CCG, and CPJ have all under performed and our bar should be set higher. That’s about as valid as stating our bar should be 15 wins per season.