Expectations for next year

I just cannot imagine anything other than a losing season next year. The Pepper to Curry change was a nightmare for two years - two wins in Curry's first 22 games. That is an indication of the challenges you face going from a triple option system to a pro-style, I, or spread offense. I will be pleased if we win 10 games in the first two seasons. I think 2021 is the first year that you should begin to hold Collins at all accountable for win totals. If winning over the next two years was the prime motivator, we should have done everything we could to get Monken here.

Unfortunately, CPJ is leaving CGC a roster that is pretty depleted, unlike the very talented team CCG left CPJ. It is going to take a couple of years to dig out of this hole.

Oh jeez. This again. You have no idea what is in the cupboard. Let's stop denigrating the kids that are here, we've got some amazing athletes on our team.

This is bull, in that our OL bulled half the other teams on our schedule. This group man handled some of the DL's we faced this year. They don't pass block worth a crap; but that can be fixed to make them at least serviceable.

A lot of our pass blocking problems were scheme. Our guys were in 3 and often 4 point stances on passing plays. There is a reason every passing team are in 2 point stances.

We have a lot of players who are square pegs for round holes when it comes to doing anything but what Paul was doing. That may be very difficult to overcome. I do think that to leave an option system you have to rip the bandaid off like we are doing and not try to gradually roster build out of it.

I like what you're saying, but we aren't ripping off any band aid, CPJ s commits were given protected status by TStan and so were the guys on the roster

Ripping the band aid off is to go full on processing and Roster Mgmt and releasing all the previous guys from their commits and recruiting your guys from day1

That's ripping off the band aid

I like what you're saying, but we aren't ripping off any band aid, CPJ s commits were given protected status by TStan and so were the guys on the roster

Ripping the band aid off is to go full on processing and Roster Mgmt and releasing all the previous guys from their commits and recruiting your guys from day1

I’m good with how we are doing it.

Even you must admit we aren't dealing with the ishshow Louisville is.

Honestly I think this is one of the deepest teams PJ has had, and there's a lot of young talent on defense. With a better QB, this year would have looked tremendously different. I don't think the cupboard is bare at all, and it would be a big disappointment not to make a bowl next year.

I expect 15-0 and a National Championship every season. It is why I buy season tix. All we gotta do is score more points than 15 other teams that are put before us. Do that and we get that ugly ass trophy that isn't as pretty as the crystal football

I have no expectations for season 1. Saban went 7-6 the first year at Bama including a loss to Louisiana-Monroe. Larry Coker won the Natty his first year at Miami and was fired 5 seasons later. I don't think the first season is much of an indication of how a coach will perform.

Saban took a 6 win team and won 7 games with it. If Saban would have won only 3 games somebody would have shanked his butt.

I expect a loss to Clemson and Uga. I don’t expect us to be outmatched by anyone else on our schedule. If CGC is good, which I think he is, then we should win at least one more than half of the remaining games. So I’d like to see a 6-6 record.

My disappointment or excitement will be determined greatest by where we end up recruiting though.

Nothing less than top 35 and, after next year, top 25

Next year I have no clue what the record will be. I do have doubts that right now we have 5 future NFL multi year players on site.

So what I expect next year is a noticeable uptick in recruiting.

I expect a team to be ready to play for 60 minutes, from TML, like their hair is on fire.

I expect an entire roster Proud to wear the White & Gold & whatever.

Saban took a 6 win team and won 7 games with it. If Saban would have won only 3 games somebody would have shanked his butt.
People who are optimistic about the CGC era are not as fickle as you assume for some reason.

Let go of this talking point. We were never going to do it that way. You'd rather be Louisville, with a grand total of 5 signees, none of whom were 4 stars? As it stands, we got a pretty typical class, some really good players, didn't get any bad press and didn't burn any bridges with anyone. And due to natural attrition, CGC is still going to have some scholarships to work with.

All of our signees except 2 had Power 5 offers. Our lowest-rated signee was the TE that Collins brought in (and I think he's a great pickup). So tired of the talking point that all we have are FCS midgets or something.

Last edited:
Back