Fall Camp News

It will probably be about same, slightly improved.

I do agree that we will be slightly improved. We were pretty awful last year. I think a 40-50 type finish on defense would be a good improvement.

We allowed 411 ypg last year. In order to get to the 50th ranking, we'd have to trim 30 yards off that total this year. That seems like a reasonable goal.

For those of you reading that don't know jack öööö about football, our defense has not spent the last few weeks practicing to stop our offense. They have been practicing to stop all of the other offenses they will face this season.

Therefore, the fact that they may have not performed well does not mean that much in this case.

Why is this still not obvious to you people?

For those of you reading that don't know jack öööö about football, our defense has not spent the last few weeks practicing to stop our offense. They have been practicing to stop all of the other offenses they will face this season.

Therefore, the fact that they may have not performed well does not mean that much in this case.

I have been wondering if a scout team offense is used in Spring and Fall camp or does that start this week when the 2 deep rosters firm up and the scout teams form up.

It does not sound like a scout team is used against our D in spring or fall camp. Except maybe 7 on 7 drills.

Ironically, or maybe coincidentally, this is one of the criticisms of the TO. While its an advantage against defenses who arent prepared for you, the downside is your defense cant practice against a scout team that gets them properly prepared.

Ironically, or maybe coincidentally, this is one of the criticisms of the TO. While its an advantage against defenses who arent prepared for you, the downside is your defense cant practice against a scout team that gets them properly prepared.

On the other hand, our safties and corners should be better at 1 on 1 coverage.

Well our defense certainly CAN prepare against a scout team. That's what the scout team is for, by definition.

I assume you meant that they can't practice against Div I caliber players running offenses similar to what they will face, which is true.

Well our defense certainly CAN prepare against a scout team. That's what the scout team is for, by definition.

I assume you meant that they can't practice against Div I caliber players running offenses similar to what they will face, which is true.

I'm only repeating a common criticism thats been on refrain as to why other non-academy FBS teams dont adopt the TO. Whether its actually true or not, I'm not so sure. We have not had a decent DC under CPJ until Roof, so its still TBD as far as I'm concerned. We'll see. I personally am glad no one else adopted the TO because its given us a national identity and brand. Nobody says GT without also mentioning the TO in the same sentence and vice versa. I love it.

Scout teams don't start emulating other offenses until Monday. So yes, the defense has been playing against our offense up until this point.

Scout teams don't start emulating other offenses until Monday. So yes, the defense has been playing against our offense up until this point.

Define "playing against our offense" other than the two scrimmages last week and this week.

I assure you that they haven't been lining up to defend our offense in their day to day workouts. If I'm wrong, then maybe the coaching staff are idiots.

How this made me feel.

45tpYWM.gif

Back