Fall Camp News

1. Roddy - Best blocker. Solid runner. I think his stats would've been better if he wasn't counted on to block so much.
2. Orwin - Best production
3. Allen - His 1 year stats are similar to Godhigh's best year. Who do you want on your team more? I'll take Allen.
4. Godhigh

I'd have Perkins in the Top 4 or 5 also. He had a very productive single season at AB.

1. Roddy - Best blocker. Solid runner. I think his stats would've been better if he wasn't counted on to block so much.
3. Allen - His 1 year stats are similar to Godhigh's best year. Who do you want on your team more? I'll take Allen.
4. Godhigh

Who do want on my team more playing AB? Godhigh. Godhigh in '13 was arguably the best single AB season we've had. He was an animal for us. He could block, truck people, pick his way around people, and was one of the better receiving ABs we've had despite being 5'6" and stocky.

4. Godhigh

Orwin was a great runner but a sub-par blocker. Had a good bit more yards but only 3 more TD's. 9.3 ypc for Orwin compared to Robbie's 8.8. They're close, imo.

And, imo, Allen didn't play AB long enough to be on the list, though, yes, if we could have more AA's at AB, we would decimate opponents.

I'm just really hoping Snoddy makes it onto our top 5 lists after this season. We sure saw flashes of it last year. He doesn't sound too confident in the interviews I've seen with him, but maybe that's just not his style.

Seriously? Noone is concerned about the o-line? The o-line makes or breaks the offense. If there's no good blocking we won't survive the entire season, let alone beat the big boys.

Plus we had Shaq last season who made a huge difference.

I'm just really hoping Snoddy makes it onto our top 5 lists after this season. We sure saw flashes of it last year. He doesn't sound too confident in the interviews I've seen with him, but maybe that's just not his style.

He was an absolute beast against Pitt. I hope we see more of that.

Seriously? Noone is concerned about the o-line? The o-line makes or breaks the offense. If there's no good blocking we won't survive the entire season, let alone beat the big boys.

I think people are just waiting to see what we see on the field. The last 3 games last year showed one of the more dominant OLs CPJ has had. A big part of that was Shaq. We'll see if there's a drop off next month, but we're returning a very experienced group that shouldn't fall apart with the departure of one guy.

I've been concerned about it. This new revelation is not a surprise. Others have said that Shaq is just one guy and all of that, but I think he will be missed more than some realize.

I'm pretty excited about the reports on the new BBs though, so maybe we can weather the storm.

Who do want on my team more playing AB? Godhigh. Godhigh in '13 was arguably the best single AB season we've had. He was an animal for us. He could block, truck people, pick his way around people, and was one of the better receiving ABs we've had despite being 5'6" and stocky.

Godhigh's stats were inflated by playing on a team that didn't have many offensive playmakers IMO. He was a good player for us, but I'd take the other 3 over him every time.

The OL is the deepest OL we've had since Johnson got here - even with an All-American departure. Coaches said the expect a lot of rotation to keep guys fresh this year. There won't be much to worry about unless we get hit by the injury bug.

Our offensive line apparently sucks dick.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/georgia-tech-offensive-line-coach-not-happy-with-s/nnQXP/

Quote:
With the starting offensive line basically set, Georgia Tech offensive line coach Mike Sewak is auditioning candidates for dependable backups to play in a rotation. His problem is evidently not a multitude of options.

“We had a couple practices where one guy would do well and they would come right back and slide back down,” Sewak said Monday after the Yellow Jackets’ practice. “I think the intensity from a couple guys needs to pick up because this is Division I football and I don’t think they realize that you’ve got to bring it every single day.”
We're f*cked. All-in on BH futures.

Do you and others read that as Sewak is concerned about the starting O-line?

My take is that he's not talking about the starters; rather, it's about dependable backups to play in a rotation.

Do agree that having a productive O-line is essential.

I also recall hearing CPJ ripping on the OL last summer before we had one of the most effective OLs of GT history. Whether you agree or not, they helped put up historic rushing numbers.

I'm not that worried about OL. I did think twice about it after reading Sewak's comments, but we return 4 of the 5 guys from last year and have a ton of depth. Shaq will be hard to replace, but I can't imagine that if we suck this year, it will be due to the OL. A lot of experience comes back from last year + added depth. By the 3rd or 4th game, we'll have a two deep of guys that want to play and can contribute.

Godhigh's stats were inflated by playing on a team that didn't have many offensive playmakers IMO. He was a good player for us, but I'd take the other 3 over him every time.

So you discredit someone BC they were one of few playmakers on the team? Makes no sense. Robbie was the only A-back we had that could actually make the first guy miss in the open

Aback rank
1) Godhigh
2) Orwin
3) AA
4) Roddy (UGA games clouds a lot of folks mind)
5) EP

We may be the only school who get nervous when replacing an All-American with a 4* behemoth. I believe the factories call that reloading

It's not the OL that's going to burn us this year, it's getting the pitch blown up after a missed block by a WR or A back.

I think (hope) the OL should be fine. Yes, we've got some big shoes to fill from Shaq, but we didn't run behind him every single play, and he didn't do it all by himself.

So you discredit someone BC they were one of few playmakers on the team? Makes no sense. Robbie was the only A-back we had that could actually make the first guy miss in the open

Aback rank
1) Godhigh
2) Orwin
3) AA
4) Roddy (UGA games clouds a lot of folks mind)
5) EP

We may be the only school who get nervous when replacing an All-American with a 4* behemoth. I believe the factories call that reloading

Agree with all of this. Not only was Godhigh the only A-back that ever really juked people, he may have been the best blocker we had (Roddy was good, too).

Robbie Godhigh says hi.

Dude is one of the top 5 ABs to play at Tech under Johnson and was a walk on

THIS

watched RG grow every year and literally be the difference b/n winning and losing games. If you look at the totality of his skill set (his SR year) he may have been the best A Back.

PJ said on numerous occasions that over 1/2 of the top blocks for a particular game would come from RG.

A walk on work ethic is probably a better fit for PJ's offense. An A back is going to carry the ball 5-6 x's a game the rest is blocking, running crisp routes, and keeping focus away from the ball.

If you are thinking you should be getting 20 touches a game it will be hard for you to be successful in the A back position for PJ.

I also disagree. You can't inflate stats. Stats are facts. Godhigh's name rolled off the tongues of the announcers almost every offensive play because he was a playmaker. Watched him right in front of me trucking toward that north end zone many times.

Back